No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » This needs to end...
 Author This needs to end...
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-22 22:41   
Just as the title says...This little problem of having ships in a garage, docked at a certain planet and not being able to bring them out because someone decided it would be funny to scrap the shipyard is seriously getting on my nerves. And i can probably bet its getting on everyone elses.

Now unlike some other players that would just say screw it and build a new Shipyard, i at least have a little respect for a fleets planet on the ICC faction or which ever im on. So it would really help if this little bad habbit of making ships un-usuable when the shipyard is scrapped but the planet is still friendly really needs to end because im not gonna waist credits remodding two perfectly good ships. Or the tip could either be if the planet is friendly and has a Shipyard...DONT SCRAP IT because someone MIGHT have very good ships docked there, and just like me becomming very ticked off because i cant pull them out now.

Flame me all you want, ive vented my steam and am now done ranting.

-Unknown Warrior

Email UnknownWarrior
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-22 23:38   
Yeah thats a pain..

not to mention that the next logical reaction is to scrap the ship and mod a new one becuse building a new Ship Yard takes longer ( Because of all the Research buildings that need to be put back up ) than to mod a new ship. ( and thats having to sit there and WAIT for all new parts to be built )

well what can you do about it...

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-22 23:44   
Log the ships? Just a thought.

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-22 23:46   
I Agree with Rayan with this FIX this to were IF the shipyard is SCRAPPED on a freandly planet then that ship will be moves to the CLOSEST shipyard. Now if the planet is taken over then you lose the ship that is in the shipyard. Now this might be hard to program into the game.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-23 00:38   
Gonna have to go with JRE on this one...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-23 04:22   
no im not with JRE. when ive got 3 AC's modded out, and im helping covering the trannys that are takign over planets in a system, im Not going to log my first damaged one before takign out my fresh ones. it just doesnt work like that.

also this is an issue that needs a fix.

sometimes if a SY gets scrapped, i can spawn the ship elsewhere even if it says i cant, so try that one Ryan.

however saying this, i havent been in beta for ages, so i dont know if this is fixed in the new version.

Email Meko
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-23 08:17   
I was told this was a bug. It was suposed to be that if the sy was scraped or caped, the ship was then spawnable anyware.

Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:17   
Indeed, this can be a real pain most of the time. I don't care if the planet gets capped and I lose my ship THEN but, if some noob comes up and scraps the SY right off the planet, then we're gonna have problems. I'm not with JRE on this one myself as I think it'd be a better idea that if the SY gets scrapped, transfer the ship to the closest planet with an SY to that one and spawn there. That would at LEAST be more useful.

Now, if the SY gets capped, that's a different story because, then you'd lose the ship(s) docked at that particular SY rather transfering them to another. So, my words, implement the little fix to transfer ships if SY is scrapped or have a lot of people complaining there heads off because they can't spawn their ship because some noob decides it'd be 'fun' to scrap an SY off.

Email Shippo
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:24   
You can spawn at the home gate if your ship is locked in a SY or other.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-06-23 09:24 ]

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-23 11:37   
Er Jack, sorry to bust your bubble but ive already tried that...Trying to spawn a ship out of the jumpgate when its locked at a friendly planet that has no shipyard doesnt work mate.

Email UnknownWarrior
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-23 13:17   
Must just be UGTO only then...works for me..

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-23 14:18   
Funny, it doesn't work for me...

Email Bobamelius
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-23 15:09   
Doesn't work for me either Jack. I've always heard it will be for me it never has.

However I NEVER log off with a ship in a ShipYard.......NEVER. While I am on I may have as many as 6 in ShipYards , but when I leave for the day I log all my ships.

The reason? 1) some fool may come along a scrap that SY. 2) Some ICC or Kluth may come along and cap that SY.

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-23 15:17   
ok here:

If a planet is capped, you can spawn it else where

If the planet is capped and SY removed before cap and recapped you can also spawn it else where.

If it was not capped the planet has not changed. And if the sy was scrapped, the ships are stuck until capped by another faction. Or a nother Sy is made.
-----

[ This Message was edited by: Ospolos on 2005-06-23 15:18 ]

Page created in 0.030540 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR