No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Thanks Big F
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Thanks Big F
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-22 00:53   
Say what you want, it was still better without you there.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-22 07:48   
Quote:

On 2005-06-22 00:53, Puddle Jumper wrote:
Say what you want, it was still better without you there.

I think thats pretty god-damned rude of you to say considering how much Tael has done for the game. You can say what you want though, a lot of other players that have played the game for a lot longer than most, and who have had the experience of playing before 1.480, know what matters most.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-06-22 07:49 ]

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-22 08:05   
What matters most os making the game the most fun for the most amount of people possible. Not what the games is SUPPOSED to be. If It was what it was SUPPOSED to be there would be 100 people on each side in the MV at all times, at least! There would be no complaints of lag/desynching.

Point is evidently the game isn't what it is SUPPOSED to be or what it is SUPPOSED to be ins't what people like, or think is fun.

What matters is what makes the game FUN! That is what will bring money into DS, when more people start to have fun!

Don't press Ctrl W!

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-06-22 12:13   
In an ideal world, maybe. But in this case, I'd suspect what it's 'supposed' to be is laid out in a large design document, where every idea and concept has been intricately planned out in detail. And if Tael and Backslash have access to that, they could easily tell whether an idea would 'fit'.

Then again, if players don't have the slightest clue as to what's in the design document, you can't really blame them for shooting blanks in the dark.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-22 12:33   
Not sure if im allowed to post Gideons gude, hence I dont.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-06-22 13:20   
Actually a lot of the stuff I shoot down I give a reason for. Ie, the Dev team looked into it and decided it would not work with the current concept, or with the overall goal. Its already slotted for down the road, ie has been tabled for now (a lot of things tabled 2 years ago are in the latest patch, so tabling doesnt mean a definate no, it simple means not now). It was already in the game once and didnt work out so was removed... Or as I stated before was not part of the road map for "THIS" patch, and considering we want to close out this patch so we CAN start working on new things, many proposed changes are not going to be evaluated yet.

There was a very defined workout done for this patch. Wether or not I agree with all of the proposals and designs is mute. The dev group and many of the community came to an agreement on what this patch should be long ago. It was set in stone and therefore I am restricted now to keep directing the game along those lines until this patch comes out. I've made many tweaks and changes here and there... And every time we make a change to a concept it causes at minimum a one month delay to the patch.

The initial change to the devices took 3 weeks to make, but when the modification level system was moved from the future road map to this patch because of player requests it took 2 weeks to refactor the basic math for the devices and the last 5 weeks to tweak and workout a limitation system concept. Once this is coded, then we have to watch how the play balance is affected.

Many ideas also stem from wanting a super uber kill them all ship, which is a design we tried to move away from after 1.479. Noone liked Dreadspace. Many player ideas that come out wont work with the rest of the game. If you took the time to say hey, what if you did this.... But this needs to be reworked to so that the other isnt way to overdone... It would give us more incline to use or atleast look at it in more depth. In the past we made many changes listing to a few people whining which ended up breaking other portions of the game. We are trying to avoid doing that anymore... Ie, no more NerfSpace.

Another point to make is many, and I do mean MANY of the proposals as of late are things that have already been proposed, its almost like people are going through the suggestion archive and reproposing the same ideas that were thrown out a year or more ago. So before taking a "no" personally, do a little research and you might find out why we dismissed the idea.

F has given us a deadline. Therefore my job is to now close up what I can and to keep him on track and to stop him from making significant changes which would further delay the patch.

If you want me to stop, then who knows, it might be another year before there is an update. Sorry, Nitron, not going to disappoint the majority of the community that wants to have a refresh of the game sooner than later. I'll be happy once this patch goes out so I can go back to working on the new economy and political systems.

Email Tael
Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-22 16:15   
Locked by originators request.

Email Mithrandir
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-22 19:25   
IBTL!

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-22 19:32   
Quote:
Noone liked Dreadspace.

Umm? That's one of the finest moments in DS history..

Anyone remember whining noobs complaining about frigates getting owned by Dreads? (Umm duhh)

Anyone then remember those same whining noobs quitting when their Dreads (When they got them themselves) couldnt even kill a frigate?

Vicious circle and a half imho..

Some ideas are good, some are bad, some are unthinkable..

So id say its for the best that everything gets looked at properly now.. like it or not (often or not in my case recently) it is for the best.

I forgot why I posted here.. something to do with what Tael said..

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-22 19:33   
Quote:

On 2005-06-22 16:15, Mithrandir wrote:
Locked by originators request.

+1 before it gets fixed!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020868 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR