Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sorry
 Author Sorry
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-21 10:52   
Just earlier there were 5-6 ICC attacking in Ross 248. They had been attacking on and off, I had to run to crit to deal with a solo random AC bomber (man I hate ac). Well, I was sitting at maurb, saw icc had started for hathache again so tried to use sy. DS froze. Options of course, wait 5min for it to clear or restart comp. My comp restarts and gets into ds fast, so I actually managed to get back in before the 2min (I didn't know it was _that_ fast).

However in that time ICC got hathache, and it capped just as I got in. I spawn and it's fine for a few min. I'm sitting between the two remaining planets in ross (quite comfortable, they're 200gu apart). Then I start to lag, and it goes on for several minutes. The lag I get is sorta like driving and only opening you're eyes once every 20-30s. I can move fine and fire and do whatever, however I only get a visual update on what's happening every 20s or so. This usually passes after a few minutes, and I was able to hide it at first. Since I do get updates, I can just guess what is happening, and fire at things I think are probably close enough. Of course, been between two planets and not knowing exactly what direction I'm facing, I don't dare move.

The lags does eventually clear and I'm able to move a bit. I use the shipyard to switch out my pulse for the cl550. I come out, try to turn and accelerate and lag straight into the planet. Bugger. Quick as a flash, I try to spawn my EAD. Sy bug. Double bugger. ICC are, of course, bombing the planet now.

I relogin, to 29 hull and 4 enemy inf in cargo with a cruiser behind me. I sd, not in the habit of giving bug kills away. I spawn my new old tc, and get an unlagged minute. There's no point defending the planets now, both have been bombed and have little inf.

I manage to beat up a dread, and shortly after the lag returns. Not just any lag, this lag is my personal favourite. It starts off as your normal three stage lag. First, you get a long lag, then the client stops trying to guess what is happening, then you get a big update of everything that's happened since it started, plus a little more. Then you get a period of control lag, with 5-15s delay in controls (effectively what you see is 5-15s behind the server). However mine is a little different. The period is indefinite, and instead of control lag, I get the same sort of driving with eyes closed lag as I mentioned above, now only opening my eyes every 40-50s. And this will go on forever, until I die, relogin or very occasionally using a sy or jumping into empty space will clear it.

I set course out into empty space, plotted a jump and set to follow then I logged.

As you can imagine, that's fairly annoying. There's nothing worse than knowing you're perfectly capable of doing something - because you do it all the time - and not being able to because of forces (unjust forces) outside your control. I've no problem defending against 5-6 icc, I do that sort of thing all the time at low periods (extractor is a tractoring jump ramming inf saboting eccm'ing ecm'ing tranny capable monster that also happens to come with a couple mining beams). I mean, geez, lone citizen is my name!

In fact I was rather pissed. I'm not now, I pretty much just kicked the computer off, then went out for a walk with my gf who'd just got back from the shopping (but forgot the cheese... always the CHEESE). And I wasn't annoyed at the icc, though I did take it out on them partly. As much as you try to have fun sometimes it's just impossible. You'd think I went on some mad rage, though I didn't (for what I think a mad rage is). But that's still pretty pissed for me. And I don't get pissed easily. In fact I've never played a game that could actually really piss me off, until now.

Of course, the title of this topic is for those poor ICC, bearing my annoyance at the bugs and lag that plague me. I certainly don't hate you, and would hate to think you thought I did.

Still I won't stop playing
Just gonna wait it out, wait for lag to settle then jump some unsuspecting icc... possibly Knight_Arthur...

Read this post, for the chance to go in the draw to win a trip to !!!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-21 11:12   
Could be the fact that you reset your pc and it was connecting to stuff (if you have spyware it gets worse).

Read my post on setting up DS properly, see if it helps (if you havnt already done it).

Page created in 0.003952 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR