No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » whats the use
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author whats the use
Armand
Chief Marshal
Synchronicity

Posted: 2005-06-19 09:39   
My sub runs out today and I cant see any point of renewing it. The game at this point is broken beyond repair, and really how could we hope that F will as long as it has been allowed to remain broken. With every new version IMO the game has gone down hill, and the version thats in beta now only looks to take another big step that way. Two versions ago the MV was my home even with the lag of that day and after the FA was much fun till SYs came out and ended that. Still there were friends to stay for, but now only Taxi remains, others too I will miss but fewer then should have been (thanks for this Q)
I used to really enjoy my time here and I could be back at some point as Im sure Rain will let me know if there are sweeping changes that might make it fun for me again. I will be on a few times today to leave messages to those I feel I should as they come to me but other then that Im going to walk slowly on.

Email Armand
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 09:41   
And another great player leaves us.....when will it end. Cya around Armand.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-19 10:14   
I am right behind you Armand.
Now with about a week left on my sub, I have contacted my payment company and will no longer be paying any money to DS for thier broken toy.

I have already found a new game to move on to as well.

I hate to leave and see people go, but Armand said it best with every reason I can just no longer stay.

see ya around Armand. Maybe you'll be back in TWO WEEKS when BETA gets released.

So all you green and white shirts, is the TWO WEEKS joke still fricken hillarious?

Is to me now. I just had to unsub to see the humor in it.

Azreal

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:00   
How long before this thread gets deleted too?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:00   
No easy goodbyes, I'll be seeing you Armand

Take care.

ReZ
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:07   
it was nice flying against you sir.

Email ReZ
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:14   
When I repost the truth. Than this thread will get deleted too.

Goto the website of Novacat
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-19 13:40   
Opinions, in general, are not subject to deletion.

Comments that drift into harrassment or complaints targetting a specific player or staffmember drift into "a bad place" and we've always reserved the right to edit those.

I'm sorry to see anybody go. Me, I still find the game enjoyable but I don't seem to have quite the level of problems that some do. And, I really have no definative reason as to why.

What I do know is this: We all have limited attention spans for things. Most know that the reason why school 'courses' tend to be 50 minutes or less is because that's the average attention span for adults (not even ADD/ADHD - just for everyone). Same thing applies to games - although that's usually measured in weeks, months or years.

It is my personal, non scientific opinion is that most of the people who leave are bored. The time has come for them to move on. Most (myself included) make excuses as to why - nobody wants to be the reason, it's always something else. What was once great (and new) might become merely good, or acceptable or worse. Most people try to 'hang in there' longer than they should.

Here's an observation - how many players merely hang around in the lobby - many of which barely play or haven't played in months? For some it's a 'money' issue...and it may well be...but my opinion there is, if you *Really* want to do something, you'll find a way to make it happen. It will become your priority.

I'm still sorry you guys have lost or reduced interest in this game. Quite obviously, it's not perfect. It does have lag/latency problems do happen. I'd even venture the opinion that it's a game design issue that some players have more problems than others...when games (with far better budgets!) don't or have fewer.

What's the best thing to do? About 18 months into my personal DS career, I took a 6 month break. And I needed it - it really revitalized my interest in the game as a whole. I'm hoping that some of you just need the same thing. Either way, whether you'll return or not - good luck. However briefly or extensively we flew together it was a blast. I know I had fun and hope you did also - I like to think that's what is truly important.

The only teaser I can provide - a little priviledged information - is that beta is closer than you think. Much of the coding has already been completed - a good portion of the work being done now is targetted at adapting code to work with a new server recently purchased. But, I can not provide an ETA on that.

Nax

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 13:40   
Oh get over yourself.

You're right, to a point, but I think you give your opinion a bit too much credit. There's a bit more to it than you seem to realize, and half the reason we have turned down specific requests for aid is that the skills offered are duplicitous to what we have. Some people have offered help, but they can't actually program, or at least not well, so they want to help in the resourcer, or some non-technical request.. but that's not where the bottleneck is. And I think we are more open to people with experience... though you're right in that this wasn't always so. We used to be much more of a closed shop. We're still not wide open by any means, but if the right person were to come along, I don't see them getting a blanket refusal.

In other news, Faustus moved the old thread namely due to content on the first page that he though was inappropriate; it was not triggered by your post.

Email Shigernafy
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-19 14:04   
I agree with yah Armand, and thats why I choose to stay in the Fourm Either. I hope to see ya arround here and there.

- Charz

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-19 14:36   
Uhh... can I get my builds back? j/k

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-06-19 14:38   
Quote:

In other news, Faustus moved the old thread namely due to content on the first page that he though was inappropriate; it was not triggered by your post.

So why not edit just the post/s that were inappropriate? Deleting the whole thread makes it look like the devs(ie Faustus) not only don't care, but want to quell any idea that darkspace is in trouble.

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-19 17:55   
Who says it was deleted and not merely moved elsewhere?

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 18:42   
Moving it to a locked forum where nobody but staff can see and deleting are practically the same thing.

Goto the website of Novacat
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-19 18:54   
Quote:

On 2005-06-19 14:36, Coeus [Recruiting] wrote:
Uhh... can I get my builds back? j/k

I already gave you builds, why do you need more? -.-

Also..this is a really depressing time..people are leaving, people unsubbing, people getting to that "breaking point" I only hope the new patch will fix it. And that's all most can hope for.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032610 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR