No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Update to Beta Install
 Author Update to Beta Install
Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-17 10:08   
I got this idea a few weeks ago, but I forgot about it until just now. Right now when you install beta, when you go to update it, you download more than 50 MB of updates. My question is whether or not the beta install program can be updated to the most recent release of beta. While this won't necessiarly reduce how much you will have to download, it will reduce how long it takes to update before you can log into beta after installing it. Just my $0.02, take it for what its worth.

Yitram

Email Yitram
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-06-17 11:34   
Well from talking to F we are very close to releasing...

Just a few minor fixes and changes here and there... He is working to close out the upgrade interface for this patch while I am working out a system for max device level per hull type.

Think we have it worked out...

Now to sort Cloak timers and tweak any minor ship layout issues and we should be ready.

Email Tael
Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-17 21:17   
um, max lvl per hull type would not do much as far as ballenceing the ships... lvl 4 cannon for instance on a destroyer is nearly as effecting as lvl 8 cannon because you need to use lvl 4 and under to consistently hit a destroyer... when you facter in the speed of the destroyer it puts the 2 ships nearly even with each other...

hence the sugestion to add hull modifiers to ships so that a dread with damage modifiers for instance useing lvl 4 cannon will do more damage than a destroyer with lvl 4 cannon...

also say stealth scout could have emc/emcc modifiers to improve there effectiveness to prevent bomber dreads from performing ecm bombing on their oun...

granted this requiers a reworking of the lvls but it needs to be done anyways and i think the out come will be far better than simpaly limating the max lvl per hull type...

[ This Message was edited by: Thorium on 2005-06-19 12:21 ]

Page created in 0.012021 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR