No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Explosion strength
 Author Explosion strength
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-15 23:13   
I was thinking... ( I know, better sit down before you hurt yourselves )

With Stations using wormhole devices whats the chance of bringing up their explosion strength? As it stands noone fears sitting underneath a station and firing away. Heck dreadnaughts can take the explosion and jump out and still have plaenty hull to spare. It's a station, if it explodes any ships sitting withing close proximity should be dead as well.

Given that stations can no longer precision jump and couldn't for some time, can we give them atleast this final threat to keep ships out from under them?

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-16 00:09   
They will have the option of having jump drives again, though...

And I don't really think they should be taking out dreads in death anyway..

Email Mithrandir
Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-16 00:19   
Reading this post reminded me of something in Klingon Academy, what if we delayed the death of a station for its final explosion by like 1-2 mins so its sitting there with explosions all over its hull then goes boom destroying just about everything within 1000 gu in a massive fire ball, or maybe 100 gu anything then at 250 gu anything smaller then a dread, then at 500 anything smaller then a cruiser and it goes down to 1500 and I mean everything like fighters. See in Klingon Academy you spent 30 mins trying to kill a starbase then you have like 5 mins to get to like 10,000 km before you were safe from the explosion that would instantly kill you. Now if we did that in darkspace yeah anyone dumb enough to stick close would die to it but they do have like 2 mins to get away, would kinda make sense since its something thats nearly the size of a small planet exploding...

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 11:56   
delaying the explosion by 2 minutes gives time for everybody to jump out.

althoguh I like the idea...

in the course of 30 seconds, the station explodes by getting sucked into the aritifical wormhole device, and then just like nukes, with a giant shockwave blowing up everything around it.

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-17 09:58   
Quote:

On 2005-06-16 00:19, Trekkie_zero{Recruiting} wrote:
Reading this post reminded me of something in Klingon Academy, what if we delayed the death of a station for its final explosion by like 1-2 mins so its sitting there with explosions all over its hull then goes boom destroying just about everything within 1000 gu in a massive fire ball, or maybe 100 gu anything then at 250 gu anything smaller then a dread, then at 500 anything smaller then a cruiser and it goes down to 1500 and I mean everything like fighters. See in Klingon Academy you spent 30 mins trying to kill a starbase then you have like 5 mins to get to like 10,000 km before you were safe from the explosion that would instantly kill you. Now if we did that in darkspace yeah anyone dumb enough to stick close would die to it but they do have like 2 mins to get away, would kinda make sense since its something thats nearly the size of a small planet exploding...

I liike this and think it should be in the game please try it in beta and give her a go on it and hope its not to much lag on the servers to runn it

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-18 03:15   
Horrible Idea...

Although, im sure Ruff will be happy about this.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 07:35   
I think it would be cool to have shrapenal (spelling?) or pieces of station(same thing?) or even left over torps in it shoot out in all directions damaging but not nessecarily destroying ships around it when it blows.

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 12:17   
maybe there could be energy fluxuation like ine the dust clouds to keep ships from jumping else the 1-2 min time would be a waste
they would have to get out of the area on normal ie drives

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-19 15:16   
It shouldn't be two minutes, it should maybe be ten second at most broadcasted in local area that the core is breaching or something to that effect.

Geez with two minutes you could drift away to safety at 5gu.

I believe either people should be able to fire weapons at ships under a station without the friendly fire (not counting splash damage) or pay the price for sitting under/close to a STATION in it's death throes.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-06-19 19:07   
Increased the range of station and dread blast radius and upped the damage slightly on the dread while doubling the stations.

Even with the increase in damage, the propsed change to increase the hurt of res loss effect will still counter act the blatant sding of stations as there should still be a net loss in most cases. Should keep especially smaller ships from sitting to close while a station is going through its death throes

Email Tael
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-19 20:40   
good to hear

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-19 21:49   
Thats outstanding to hear Tael..... I mean nobody should be able to drag out a Station to use as basically a HUGE Nuke..... You wann SD the Station so be it but you get the res lost AND the pres loss for the SD...

If you so happen to get your Station shot out from under you there might be a good chance of recouping some of the lost pres by taking a few ships out with you....

A hearty thumbs up to you Tael!

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Page created in 0.018329 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR