Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Toilet repair
 Author Toilet repair
warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 10:40   
This story is true, take heed=)

Today, just as i was playing DarkSpace, my dad said i'd have to get off my lazy ass and do something. He gave some wierd lookin plastic parts and said "One of our toilet is leaking, this is the part that has to replaced in it, i'm going to go mown the lawn, when i come in it had better be fixed" (he said that with a smile on his face=)

Ok i thought, ill do it. never done it before but hey, how difficult can it be. just have to look at the parts i take out and put in the new ones...

So i open the top cover of the toilet...now the toilet is REALLY old, i bet from the 60's. Youll be amazed at the things that GROW in side one of those=) The tank that is revealed after removing the cover is ofcourse full of water, problem number one. how to empty the tank. flushing empties it, but new water comes in straight away. doing that a couple of times i had to ask dad for help. Solution; turn of the watermain, the simplest way to do it, OK

Now that the tank is empty, i had to dig thru the SLIME that covers all the part...that's real nasty stuff=/...and look for the part that looks about the same as the new part...problem number two, no such part found. once again i turn to dad, he said that the part i have is meant for a newer model toilet(surprice) and that with a little bit of modding it would fit. so i took away some parts an hey, it looks ALMOST the same as the one in the tank

Now removing the old part looks simple, just have to screw it off. it consists of a pipe with screws to the bottom of the tank a top part and a ring that holds the top part and pipe together. after taking of the top and ring it's time to screw the pipe off. problem number three, the pipe is stuck. i dig out all the tools i can find, pliers screwdriver etc. can´t loosen it one bit. solution; put a LARGE screwdriver to the bottom of the pipe in a grove and start banking with a hammer on it and it loosens letting the rest of the slimy water in the tank drop on the floor and my socks, eww.

Stil only loosened the pipe, couldn't remove it completely even after 30 mins of hardwork, cursing, blood, sweat and tears.

So i go ty my dad saying i can't take away the pipe, it's stuck

"what pipe?" he asked... O.o

you can probably guess what my dad looked like after seeing the mess in the bathroom=)

Now the funniest part is that the pipe was not meant to be replaced, only the top part. the old pipe was now somewhat smashed and has to replaced. too bad the tools needed for the job are specialst tools only plumbers have. problem number four; putting the toilet back to gether....solution; call the plumber=)

So now that the toilet is in pieces, the water can't be turned back on in the whole house. just hoping the plumber comes soon cause i will have to use the toilet soon=)

Long story short, if you don't know how to do it, don't=)

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-15 10:47   
Look on the wall next to your toilet and turn the water off from there. THen turn the water to the house back on.

Don't press Ctrl W!

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 10:50   
well it would be nice to be able to do that, but here is nothing to shut it off with....NOTE this is Finland i'm living in where in the 60's the way to build houses was "the quicker and cheaper the better"

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-15 16:07   
Heh... wish I could get away with that... I've proven myself far too good at dismantling & rebuilding things though

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-15 16:33   
In the US, the water suppy (the line from the wall to the bottom of the toilet) is a $5-$15 dollar part. Personally, I recommend buying the flexible metal mesh ones for durability.

Make sure you get one long enough

Nax

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-16 02:34   
hehe, nice story

warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 10:47   
The toilet fixed, yipee..now i can go xxxx in all the toilets=)

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-16 12:07   

- Axi

Page created in 0.013408 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR