No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » The battlefield2 demo.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The battlefield2 demo.
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-18 23:54   
The game has many engine flaws, if they did include the inner vehicle things, the framerate would suffer...quiet a lot. I did a few tests using the command lines, etc. The game draws things far to far away even with the draw distance right down, its pre-rendering bullet holes miles away. Things like this can cause a system to slow right down, and when I managed to find the damn cfg line that edited the pre-render, I managed to up my fps by about 20...

I hope they iron out these bugs, as there isnt much work left to do on the game itself. Appart from the medics being able to insta-kill anyone with their (forgotten the name of them again..)...bah i'll call them shock pad-er things.

Not a bad game all in all.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-06-19 00:14   
You'll have to wait for a patch, game is on its way to retailers so that means they finished it 30 plus days ago...

Email Tael
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-19 01:20   
Quote:

On 2005-06-18 23:23, The Anarchist wrote:
Yeah they had the same problem with teamkilling in bf1942 too. Player would drive full speed with jeeps and jump out killing thier teammates, but they fixed it in later patches.
"well that is 1024*768 resized by 0.5*0.5, then I reduced the colors from 24bit to 8bit (that pic is only 256 colors)"
Is it possible to change the colors in the game? I cant find any options for it =

No, you ca 't change the game to 256 colors. xP
AT least not without PB autobanning you from every server for attempting to hack. (BF2 uses the Master Ban list to block you from ALL servers in BF2 from whwta I understand.) That is just a picture I optimized.

I ussually end up hitting the conn tower on flybys to reload my harrier. xP

Don't press Ctrl W!

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-19 01:21   
Quote:

On 2005-06-19 00:14, Tael wrote:
You'll have to wait for a patch, game is on its way to retailers so that means they finished it 30 plus days ago...

On way toretailers mens it has been in manufacturing (finished) for some time. They will manufactur how many they expect to sell in the first month before they release it, then ship it. So maybe more thana couple months. ALl that wharehouse space.

@BackSlash *Jack*:
I like the instant kill meedic ability. You can jump start a heart, and stop a heart. Knifes kill instantly too, I see no problem with it. ( I LOOOOVE knifing snipers. . Occasionally I get behind some nimwit in a turret or who is trying to hide.)

[ This Message was edited by: LordShard on 2005-06-19 01:23 ]

Don't press Ctrl W!

The Anarchist
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 03:11   
Quote:

On 2005-06-18 23:54, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
The game has many engine flaws, if they did include the inner vehicle things, the framerate would suffer...quiet a lot. I did a few tests using the command lines, etc. The game draws things far to far away even with the draw distance right down, its pre-rendering bullet holes miles away. Things like this can cause a system to slow right down, and when I managed to find the damn cfg line that edited the pre-render, I managed to up my fps by about 20...

I hope they iron out these bugs, as there isnt much work left to do on the game itself. Appart from the medics being able to insta-kill anyone with their (forgotten the name of them again..)...bah i'll call them shock pad-er things.

Not a bad game all in all.

How exactly did you bring your fps up? If it has anything to do with increasing my framerate, i need it >_<

Email The Anarchist
The Anarchist
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 03:12   
Quote:

On 2005-06-17 03:09, LordShard wrote:
Yeah you need DX9c
@Tael
I know how to aim, so eat it

[ This Message was edited by: LordShard on 2005-06-17 03:13 ]

I topped your score at least 3 times over on my first day playing BF2
Ill see if i can find it tommorow as it is late at night here.

Email The Anarchist
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-19 03:17   
i love this game
and i love the realism it gives a better feel
i mean those shock padles would normaly burn ur skin and fry ur meat where they touch so u have to put some gel or rubber stuff under it but when u dont...... well ill let u figure that out.
when is it coming out by the way?

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-19 03:26   
Quote:

On 2005-06-19 03:12, The Anarchist wrote:
I topped your score at least 3 times over on my first day playing BF2
Ill see if i can find it tommorow as it is late at night here.

Screnshot?
And I would like to know which server thatwas so I can slau...er I meanpractice.

hard to get points when no one will ever worktogethe though.

Don't press Ctrl W!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-19 04:39   
I kinda hacked the engine to pieces. When you have the tools its easy, and most commands from 1942 work in this one, although, BFV ones, dont...odd...

My machine is a monster, so, 20 fps, really isnt much, I get 120 fps solid at maximum settings, and 140 when nothing's going on and perhaps 10 more in battle..really doesnt do anything.

Im also VERY disapointing in the fact that there are NO world decals, or world decals setting. When you SHOOT an object, it leaves a mark, or rather, it SHOULD. In BF2, I shot the aircraft carrier, no mark, I shot the ground, no dent, I shot a wall, no dent....

It really does need some patching if it wants to compete with the likes of the Source engine (Half-life 2), X-RAY (F.E.A.R), and the envy engine (Doom 3).

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-19 06:34   
Quote:

On 2005-06-19 04:39, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
I kinda hacked the engine to pieces. When you have the tools its easy, and most commands from 1942 work in this one, although, BFV ones, dont...odd...

My machine is a monster, so, 20 fps, really isnt much, I get 120 fps solid at maximum settings, and 140 when nothing's going on and perhaps 10 more in battle..really doesnt do anything.

Im also VERY disapointing in the fact that there are NO world decals, or world decals setting. When you SHOOT an object, it leaves a mark, or rather, it SHOULD. In BF2, I shot the aircraft carrier, no mark, I shot the ground, no dent, I shot a wall, no dent....

It really does need some patching if it wants to compete with the likes of the Source engine (Half-life 2), X-RAY (F.E.A.R), and the envy engine (Doom 3).

I have it set to high, no AA/AF. It leaves marks, but they are only temporary marks, they disapear when you fire lets say your 200th bullet?

I shoot the carrier allthe time in the phalanx. It leaves explosion marks.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-21 15:48   
I finally got a new graphics card, and I'm finally able to play BF2 demo now. And I have to say, it's AWESOME to me. Man, I can't wait till this does get released and such, I'll be all over it in no time.. Can't wait... so can't wait....

Email Shippo
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-06-21 15:59   
Hmm, everytime i have tried it it online the teams i have been on have always worked together... Must be the caliber of people you play with or the servers you choose, but every time I get on everyone is joing squads and planning out tactics and assaults...

Email Tael
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-24 09:55   
Sorry Lordshard, I find the picture quite interesting, but seeing we are trying to keep the community suitable for most ages, I don't think that picture can stay up.
BF2 wallhacks!

[ This Message was edited by: Placebo on 2005-06-25 06:17 ]

Don't press Ctrl W!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-24 10:26   
LOL

The Anarchist
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-24 11:47   
LOL nice lordshard!

Wouldn't hacks take you out of the experience though? Whats the point of shooting and killing stuff without the intense action of not knowing if you turn the next corner a tank is gonna smash right into you.

I just got this game yesterday, and it's friggen fun ive been playing it for like 10 hours. I just graduated from middle school too and i got my copy a couple hours after my ceremony. To top it all off, my parents upgraded my old system so that I can run this game on HIGH settings! Woot! (No anti aliasing though it makes me lose like 30 fps for some reason =( )
Currently participating in next battlefield 2 tourny http://www.21stcenturywarfare.com/
This will be my third campaign in the tournament
Also, how do you take screenshots? Theres no archive like in bf1942? I cant find all the screenies i took of demo and retail

[small][ This Message was edited by: Admiral Peacemaker (TheAnarchist) on 2005-06-24 11:54 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Admiral Peacemaker (TheAnarchist) on 2005-06-24 11:55 ]

Email The Anarchist
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021991 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR