Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » The battlefield2 demo.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author The battlefield2 demo.
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-24 12:42   
Printscreen button always helps...

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-24 16:37   
I knew people had bots and hacks from the way people could SNIPES ME OUT OF MOVING JETS AND HELICOPTERS WITH ANTI-TANK ROUNDS.

Now I have proof people are cheating.

Don't press Ctrl W!

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-25 21:07   
I was sniped out of a jet 2 times yesterday.

Don't press Ctrl W!

Ulric Winters
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-09 05:53   
i got around 5-6 paddle kills in a row a few days ago, most of em were newb or noob snipers who didn't even know good sniping spots or claymore placement

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-07-09 11:13   
Quote:

On 2005-06-15 05:29, LordShard wrote:
Does anyone else think the kits are way to limited? If you are an engineer is sucks, your shotgun is only good at basicly point blank, same for your pistol.
If your anti-armor your rocket is slow reloading and your SMG shoots so fast you run a whole clip through in about half a second, ussually missing everything completely because of it.
If you are special op you got a satchel charge that can kill most armor units in 1 hit AND destroy the artillary/radar/Hvac utilities. Making the anti-armor role completely pointless.
If your medic, your gun is Ok, not very good, but you can revive infinate number of times, not that you need to revive anyone. Just have yoru squad leader hide in the bushes and you can respawn at him ANYWHERE on teh map. Sure this is cool but the squad leader could hide inside of a building inside an enemy base and it would be like it is their own? That isn't right.
Support is overpowered. Not only do these guys get the best gun but they get al the ammo they can get, since they get free ammo crates every 30 seconds or so.
Assult is pointless, your gun is iether singleshot or a burst of 3. Sure you get a grenade launcher but it is similar to the engineers shotgun, unless you are chucking nades at enemy vehicles.
Sniper has a crack-scope. It is 100% accurate, no sway, no skill needed, just point and click

You do realize that every pack is supposed to have an advantage and disadvantage right? There is no best pack, there are best pack for each circumstances though...lets go through a few of your complaints...

Engi has no distance: That's the disadvantage, the advantage of the pack is repair, mines, and no one can beat you at close range

Anti-armor, rockets reload too long and SMG fires fast: For the rockets that's the disadvantage of the pack, you can take out tanks, but you have to be in a position where you have the advantage and can reload...as for the SMG you either have to burst fire it for accuracy, or point at a nearby enemy and click, that's the other pack disadvantage...over all though I think AA is the best pack in the game, insta-gib inf gun (rocket when used right kills inf in one shot) and a pretty good basic gun not to mention the fact that you can pwn tanks...

Spec-ops: You do realize that spec-ops have to get right next to their target to kill them, while AA can kill from a distance...so no, the C4 doesn't make AA worthless...

Medic: Not only is the revive awesome, but it removes a death from your score...helping those powergamers look leet. As for the squad-leader concerns you voiced in my experiance you can no longer spawn at an SL once he's within a distance of enemy units or their flag...

Support overpowered: What? WHAT? You call the most innaccurate gun of the game the best? That thing is less accurate than the engi shotgun...seriously, you can't hit ANYTHING at range. Other than that though it's a nice pack, my second favorite, but only for close range...

Assault pointless: ?...???...first off, the three shot burst is american only. Chinese and MEC guns fire full auto. second the nade launcher insta-gibs inf at good range, and the main gun does the most dmg per bullet of any other gun in the game (besides sniper, anti-tank etc., the special guns that don't work well at close range)

Sniper: WHAT ARE YOU ON? Seriously...the sniper rifle is horribly innaccurate! It can take up to 4 shot to HIT an enemy infantry, and it's 2-4 shots to kill...

Quote:
What's up with an APC being able to take out tanks? One hit froma rocket and the tank goes from 100% to 50% HP. Not to mention that super anti armor machine gun it uses. With a good pilot the APC can easily out manuever the tank, and kill the tank!
I dont' like being FORCED into using a gun in a vehicle. WHenI'm engineer I want the ability to swap out the gun for my wrench or something. it's stupid to not be able to repair your own vehicle but you can repair other peoples vehicles. Eh, who came up with that?
BUggies are the best transports in the game, they carry 3 people, and are lightning fast, unless someone gets lucky there is no way to hit it, unles they are stupid and charge a tank.

APC's can not pwn tanks, that rocket takes almost 1 min to reload...the tank guns takes like 15-30 seconds...see my point? and the tank gun insta-gibs the APC...I refuse to dignify the forced thing with a responce...you do realize that as an engi you auto-repair right? And do you see a problem with the wrench idea? Say, pull an APC, get 4 engi's with wrench...you're invincible...buggies are not uber, they die in one shot to an AA rocket, and they're no where near as hard to hit as you imply...buggies are my main source of kills...

Play the game a big more before you judge it, BF2 is a great game, on par with almost any other FPS out there today.