No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » The battlefield2 demo.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The battlefield2 demo.
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-15 05:29   
Has anyone else played it? It's pretty cool when everyone works together in yoru squad. But when the server isn't hacked and has the forced timelimit the maps can drag on and and on and on. Like USMC might have only the carrier spawn left and the MEC might be wailing on it nonstop. Nothing to do until you run out of tickets. When there is the timer it is ussually to short for a match.

Does anyone else think the kits are way to limited? If you are an engineer is sucks, your shotgun is only good at basicly point blank, same for your pistol.
If your anti-armor your rocket is slow reloading and your SMG shoots so fast you run a whole clip through in about half a second, ussually missing everything completely because of it.
If you are special op you got a satchel charge that can kill most armor units in 1 hit AND destroy the artillary/radar/Hvac utilities. Making the anti-armor role completely pointless.
If your medic, your gun is Ok, not very good, but you can revive infinate number of times, not that you need to revive anyone. Just have yoru squad leader hide in the bushes and you can respawn at him ANYWHERE on teh map. Sure this is cool but the squad leader could hide inside of a building inside an enemy base and it would be like it is their own? That isn't right.
Support is overpowered. Not only do these guys get the best gun but they get al the ammo they can get, since they get free ammo crates every 30 seconds or so.
Assult is pointless, your gun is iether singleshot or a burst of 3. Sure you get a grenade launcher but it is similar to the engineers shotgun, unless you are chucking nades at enemy vehicles.
Sniper has a crack-scope. It is 100% accurate, no sway, no skill needed, just point and click

WHat's up with an APC being able to take out tanks? One hit froma rocket and the tank goes from 100% to 50% HP. Not to mention that super anti armor machine gun it uses. With a good pilot the APC can easily out manuever the tank, and kill the tank!
I dont' like being FORCED into using a gun in a vehicle. WHenI'm engineer I want the ability to swap out the gun for my wrench or something. it's stupid to not be able to repair your own vehicle but you can repair other peoples vehicles. Eh, who came up with that?
BUggies are the best transports in the game, they carry 3 people, and are lightning fast, unless someone gets lucky there is no way to hit it, unles they are stupid and charge a tank.

The game also takes WAY to long to show who is on your team. Many times I end up chucking nades at my own team because of the 10 second delay to show people on my team. What the hell is wrong with the people who made that game?

Don't press Ctrl W!

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-15 13:27   

A MEC mig on the USMC carrier. It was kinda hard to do, took me about 5 tries.

Don't press Ctrl W!

The Anarchist
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 22:34   
Yeah the day before demo released I was in the teamspeak server for developers(there were about 600 people in the server!). It was so cool listening to them talk about the official release of the demo in the next couple of hours and such. Got the demo as soon as it was released, man that took a while to download, heh. Im like a battlefield 2 junkie i cant stop talkin about how cool it is as such. I hate how you barely tip the helicopters forward and they lose like 20 ft altitude, but other than that the game is awesome. I just scored 23 kills this afternoon from a MEC squad leader who was afk on USMC ship, his squad kept spawning on his position and i was just floating around with the f-35 gunning em down because they werent smart enough to use a rocket or anything .

THIS GAME IS TEH PWNZ! zomghax!

*faints*

Email The Anarchist
The Anarchist
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-15 22:37   
Man, everything looks so smooth in that screencap, im trying to run the game on a nvidia 5200 fx heh, not the most beautiful settings but at least its enjoyable . Have the game preordered already, heh. Loved battlefield 1942 (desert combat mod!), couldnt wait till the release of this. Even if i dont get the best experience on pc, it is coming to xbox late in the year, gonna get that version too, mostly everyone is gonna have microphones and such, oh...the possibilities of teamwork eh?

Email The Anarchist
Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-16 00:39   
Yeah BF2 is awesome but what I really really wanna see is what the Gulf of Oman map, even though Im going to be sick of it soon enough, will look like when its the 64 player map not the 32 player map its going to be huge and my bets F18s and JSFs more Black hawks and Cobras some humvees and what not I think it will be so awesome with the 64 player map with 100+ ppl playing on the server, might get laggy though hope everyone has a cable modem or above...

Favorite vehicle so far is the JSF and the a toss up btwn the Bradley and the Humvee both are so much fun to drive, also I love the SU-34 and the SU-27 both of those planes are a joy to fly technically all the planes we've seen so far are a joy to fly but whatever...

My tag for BF2 is Archer_zero say hey if you see me oh and Binks is Binks in BF2 say hey to him too...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-16 02:22   
Buggy.....buggy engine.

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-16 02:38   
Quote:

On 2005-06-15 22:37, The Anarchist wrote:
Man, everything looks so smooth in that screencap, im trying to run the game on a nvidia 5200 fx heh, not the most beautiful settings but at least its enjoyable . Have the game preordered already, heh. Loved battlefield 1942 (desert combat mod!), couldnt wait till the release of this. Even if i dont get the best experience on pc, it is coming to xbox late in the year, gonna get that version too, mostly everyone is gonna have microphones and such, oh...the possibilities of teamwork eh?

well that is 1024*768 resized by 0.5*0.5, then I reduced the colors from 24bit to 8bit (that pic is only 256 colors)

Don't press Ctrl W!

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-06-16 11:50   
I just play the BFV with the Point of Existance Mod, same game...

As for shotguns and pistols being only good for short range. Thats true to life...

Max effective range for a shotgun using shot is under 3 meters (approx 9 feet) because of spread, 9 meters (approx 30 feet) with slug...

Max effective range for a 9mm or 45mm pistol is 25m, though optimal is 15m.

And before you try to argue either, I am an Expert marksmen with both weapons. Trained thoroughly in both classes in firearms during my time in the service (fired out 1000 shotgun and 1500 pistol rounds each month for 2 years straight because of my assignment)...

My biggest problem with lots of these games are when people with a pistol is shooting someone and killing them at 200 yards... Not realistic at all.

Granted some people can hit a point target with a pistol at the 50m mark, but thats in ideal conditions, when they have time, and are not engaged or moving. But very few can.

Email Tael
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-16 14:10   
when ever i finish downloading and it should open with win rar it says could not open ......................................................zip this is really ticking me off. i wana play this game but i cant even install it
plz help me

[ This Message was edited by: philll on 2005-06-16 14:10 ]

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-16 20:16   
Quote:
On 2005-06-16 11:50, Tael wrote:
I just play the BFV with the Point of Existance Mod, same game...

As for shotguns and pistols being only good for short range. Thats true to life...

Max effective range for a shotgun using shot is under 3 meters (approx 9 feet) because of spread, 9 meters (approx 30 feet) with slug...

Max effective range for a 9mm or 45mm pistol is 25m, though optimal is 15m.

And before you try to argue either, I am an Expert marksmen with both weapons. Trained thoroughly in both classes in firearms during my time in the service (fired out 1000 shotgun and 1500 pistol rounds each month for 2 years straight because of my assignment)...

My biggest problem with lots of these games are when people with a pistol is shooting someone and killing them at 200 yards... Not realistic at all.

Granted some people can hit a point target with a pistol at the 50m mark, but thats in ideal conditions, when they have time, and are not engaged or moving. But very few can.

Some of the pistols are allot worse then others. I think the pistol with the enginweer isthe worsse. Can't hit diddly squat while prone with sights up.

And it's a game! I don't want realistic! I want 100% accurate pistols!

Don't press Ctrl W!

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-06-16 20:43   
Quote:

On 2005-06-16 20:16, LordShard wrote:
And it's a game! I don't want realistic! I want 100% accurate pistols!

Then learn how to shoot and aim...

Email Tael
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-16 21:29   
I am playing. Dang it is fun. Only problem with it, is sniper seems toned down, and thats the only class I play. The crosshair retical things are a little to fat on it. :<

Shippo
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-17 02:15   
I tried to to play BF2... the demo didn't even want to start up.. black screen, then back to my desktop... I tried a couple times (BTW: after I restarted the comp) and all failed. This is gonna make it less likely I'm gonna want this when it does come out. I wanted to test the game out myself before I actually bought it but, looks like that's not gonna happen....

Email Shippo
Aneemal
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-17 02:47   
Right you need to make sure you meet the min specs for a start adn also have windows XP installed it wont work on any other system!
Make sure direct x is installed and if you do meet min specs make sure you update all yoru drivers... if all else fails... quit

Goto the website of Aneemal
LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-17 03:09   
Yeah you need DX9c
@Tael
I know how to aim, so eat it

[ This Message was edited by: LordShard on 2005-06-17 03:13 ]

Don't press Ctrl W!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019310 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR