No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » my continuance in this game
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author my continuance in this game
Obiwan Kenobi
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-11 16:02   
im not one to say many bad things about games but today has pushed me over the line...

this lag and these align bugs and other bs is beginning to become annoying. im sorry but if they cant get it fixed by the next patch im outta here. i like the game and all but i cant keep paying to play on a lag problem when theres other games out there.

im sorry if this makes anyone angry but its just the way i feel about it.

Email Obiwan Kenobi
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-11 17:12   
Quiting isnt going to help the game.

Fatal -gambit-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-11 17:34   
Quote:

On 2005-06-11 17:12, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

it is becoming obvious that staying isn't going to help it either....

Email Fatal -gambit-
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-11 17:47   

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-11 18:00   
Quote:

On 2005-06-11 17:12, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

Sure it will. It will tell the Admins to get off there butts and do something.

There is too much fracking around with the beta version when there are issues to deal with NOW not later when beta is released in 2 years. By the time beta comes out there will be no one left but BackSlash to play it.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-11 18:06   
Quote:

On 2005-06-11 18:00, Puddle Jumper wrote:

There is too much fracking around with the beta version when there are issues to deal with NOW not later when beta is released in 2 years. By the time beta comes out there will be no one left but BackSlash to play it.

fracking around? is that even a word? and if it's taking so long, why don't you go help?

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-11 18:23   
Because I don't want anything to do with that slow and boring thing.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-11 18:27   
Quote:

On 2005-06-11 18:00, Puddle Jumper wrote:

Hey! I'll be there too.

To the end!

And if you think developing the game is slow and boring..might as well cut them some slack.

[ This Message was edited by: Kit on 2005-06-11 18:28 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-11 18:29   
Quote:

On 2005-06-11 18:23, Puddle Jumper wrote:
Because I don't want anything to do with that slow and boring thing.

so let me get this straight:

you bitch about how much the game sucks, but won't help it get better.

The defense rests.

Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-11 18:36   
Who says it's going to be two years for a release date?

I'll wisely leave an eta up to the development team, but, two years? Nah.

Nax

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-11 18:51   
Yeah, I do agree with the lag being a complete annoyance. Personally they should figure out all the kinks in the current version, which would increase the playerbase again. Not sure how they are trying to approach it though...

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Antdizzle

Posted: 2005-06-11 18:51   
I'll be quitting Darkspace in a few days. Staying with Darkspace will not help it because the admins can't seem to care about the game anyway. There is so much wrong with this game that it isn't even fun anymore. And for you people that say look at beta; I've look at the beta and it sucks. It may fix the problems we have right now, but I see a lot more problems coming when it gets released. I have no reason to waste my money on this game and I don't even care for the chatroom anymore. I hope one day this game can because good again. Until then, I won't be here.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-11 19:12   
Quote:

No it wont. When people leave, people follow suit. Less players on = discourages new players to stay.

However...

Quote:

it is becoming obvious that staying isn't going to help it either....

Partly true. Stay = Funds which DS need to = Develop and stay alive. If its not enjoyable, though, there is no point.

But the point thats utterly flawed by Puddle Jumper...

Quote:

I have to say something there...

Okay first of all, just because your an admin, does not directly mean your involved with the development of Beta.

Second of all.

Who are you to say they aren't doing anything? Everything beta is, is because they did something. Who are you to say their doing nothing when you are in fact, typing on this forum, doing nothing to help beta, and then have the shear nerve to yell the Admins are doing nothing.

If your going to complain, at least be able to say your doing any better.

---

On that note.

Remember this game is what it is because someone is doing long, boring ass, tedious work for it. Their only human, and yes they do make mistakes but to say their not fixing them, and that they wont be fixed, when their spending their long hours trying to, while you sit confortably playing the game, is an absurd acusation to make.

Especially, when you know literally nothing about what the Development team does, as your not one spec a part of that.

Puddle, or Apollo, or Nitron, or whatever your name is these days, if you don't actually like whats going on, what to do to fix anything. and not willing to play any part in doing so TO fix it, then I would suggest you dont have the gall to sit and complain no one is doing anything about it.

-Ent

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-11 20:05   
I don't pay for beta. It has been over a year that I have played with all the problems. I have stuck it out through the major lag issues. I stuck it out through the attempts to fix it and the server being down. I was paying the whole time. I have payed my dues and given enough patience to a flwed game.

Now, this isn't an insult, just a fact. This isn't F's JOB, and there isn't anyone payed to develop this game. And there is the problem. We pay for a game that doesn't have anyone really committed to it's future.

I have lived through the TWO WEEKS jokes. And now it's just the same thing in a new form, when ya'll say BETA.

Again, I don't gain real pres in beta, I don't pay for beta. I'll test it, to help the game, but I am not going to stay there indefinately, unlike the new version.

The planet orbit bug remains unfixxed. The jump align bug remains unfixed. The white line of death continues. Lag is still there but now the least of my issues. Flux remains a major game killing issue. and these issues have been here for a year. How much more patience and money is expected?

And oh let's here it for the advertising this game does to bring in new players.

I feel it coming. I really do. I feel that aggrevating urge to delete my profile and wipe this game off my drive. THAT"S HOW DAMN TIRED OF THESE BUGGS I AM!

And I swear if I hear "it's all fixed in beta" one more time........

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-11 20:10   
I don't get these bugs enough to make me want to quit the game... sure they're annoying, but it's not that bad. I don't know if your vulnerability to SY bugs or alignment bugs has something to do with your machine or what, but I do know that constant lag throughout the game is your machine's fault, not DS's.

When I first load up the game I have major steering lag for about two minutes. So basically I just sit in the SY screen for awhile before spawning my ship.

After that initial bout of lag when I log on, I experience no more lag, except for the occasion server-wide lag spike. Not enough to hinder me from palying (although lag spikes do tend to happen at some highly inconvenient times).

So I can sympathize with people being frustrated with this version. But if it really ceases to be fun for you, leave. No one is asking you to continue paying for something that you no longer enjoy.

Especially if you hang around, become bitter and start spewing negativity wherever you go. In that case, you quitting would help the game. You know who you are.

Email Bobamelius
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026027 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR