Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » A Good time was had by all..
 Author A Good time was had by all..
Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 03:48   
Well friends, I think its time again for me to slip back into RL. Eversince my brother found DS, I havent been too far away from it. Even in my last absense from the Mv ( months from last sept to this last april).
DS has always been a home away from home for me. And my friends are finally happy ive begun to shut up about it after 3 years.

This last month I decided to subscribe an old acct i had made sometime ago, that i had been using off and on over the years. Mainly because I had become bored with my GA status and was looking for a reason to fall back into DS's sweet spell that initally kept me here. Well i got it from Captian to VA, and I had alot of fun getting it there. Ty to all that helped me.

As for falling in love with DS all over again.. I cant say i have. To be honest im burnt out after a month.. well almost a month, i still have 2 days left on my acct. DS has become alot of work for very little reward (IMHO). People flock to the faction with the most people, for very good and sound reasons. Do i blame the faction with the most members of active players? .. no not at all. who doesnt like to work with skilled numbers of active players? youd have to be Insane not to.

What i do blame, is myself for thinking that there was a part of this that i could somehow control or change, and that causes me alot of frustration. I cant blame the lag, the players or the imbalances.

Most of my friends know me as the Startrek/starwars geek in my group of friends. Eversince i was a kid, ive often wondered what the ultimate Space game would be. As far as ive seen this is it. DS allows alot of people a monitor sized window on that vision for space combat. Not to mention that Ive seen player recogmendations takken seriously, and implemented. There is a big part of me that wishes other titles like StarWars, StarTrek, Homeworld, and Babylon 5 would take notice of Faustus's work with DS and coordinate something with him. But unfortunatly i doubt i would ever see this. hopefully i win the lottery

But maybe that is the purpose to this whole post. maybe ive grown apart, or my taste has changed. Maybe the MV has out grown me. At any rate im burnt out, and i wont be very active again till the next installment of DS comes out.

- Charz

Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 03:56   
be missed you will until the next time cya man.

PoolPlayerOne
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 04:01   
Well have fun in RL (As if thats possible )

and as for flocking to the strongest faction .. no thanks i prefer to be outnumbered and out gunned, it's a fact that its just that more fun takeing on fleets of dreads in a dessie

a time comes to mind when i killed off a fleet of friggies in EVE with a single ship they had like 5 frigs and 12 BS's and i won hah that was an adrenalin rush heheeh

anyway back on topic, it's far to easy to get to FA done it myself ... only took a month of running supply ship hehe

And yes a star trek / B5 themed MMORPG like DS would probobly take the world by a storm but all those big fish companies just dont have nay imagination at all

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 04:11   
Awww man... now it's going to be so darn boring in DS when everybody leaves... But can't really blame you, I've been thinking of moving to EvE too, since it's about pointless to play on MV, because all new players go to UGTO, because it had initially more players than others, thus ICC wont get more players easily...

Second annoying thing is that the flux thing is getting ridiculous, every UGTO ship i've faced has fluxed me, and WE get called fluxers... While only Flux MD ive seen during 3 weeks was Mousey last evening in my time.... when theres flux BDs and assault dessies everywhere..

We go to MV, outnumbered in a 2-10 ratio.
Also the lag is so %"&¤?! hilarious, I've been thinking that is the server in Sirius or something when it's gotten even worse, I get the ping of 2000ms in every fight with T1 connection, and I dont lag in L2 whatsoever(which has a ton of times better graphics, so isnt my comp.)

If this doesnt get better I'm seriously leaving DS to EvE, I cant daze the lag which prevents me from fighting, nor I can daze the huge squadrons of these flux boats, and then its US who earn the bad reputation when the UGTO flux faar more often.

Either way, I will miss Charz until he comes back, although I might not be here by then if next release lags as much etc...

PoolPlayerOne
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 04:17   
dude trust me EVE is far worse ... skill dosent come into play at all

after playing for 3 motnhs all they did was make more skill books so now you cant even buy a ship off the market without having 5 different skills :/

and have you ever considered tactical combat instead of a head on assult against superrior numbers?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-01 04:31   
EVE = Autopilot online, and just time based...basicly, longer your there, the better you are...its a ploy to make money...that people fall for..

Brian, im going to miss you buddy, as one of the first serious fleets I was ever in when I returned to darkspace all of 2 years ago, you where one of the best commands i've flown with, and had the honour of piloting with and against.

But I swear to god, if you leave, im coming over there to bring your ass back, because ICC cant do it without you.

PoolPlayerOne
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 04:43   
well hell be a marter heheheheh

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-01 11:31   
Ive thought about going to EvE for a bit, but I think the best thing for me to do is work on other projects.

Ive wanted to learn more about makking web sites, photoshop, Flash, and programing. And belive me i dont know any better place than the DS lobby to ask for help in learning this stuff.

I cant count how much I have learned from just haging out in the lobby.

@Jack, dont worry m8 i will be arround. If you ever feel like makking the billion mile journy to Nebraska, we will hunt down Trag and make a mini ds convention out of it.

-Brian

PoolPlayerOne
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 11:41   
clantemplates is a good place (forums)

also for photoshop the perfect place is

http://www.good-tutorials.com/

Enjoy hehe

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-01 12:28   
Well im a man of few words so ill justsay this..

Cya around mate
Good luck to ya

- Axi

NeoHermes (vigilance)
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-01 13:05   
Char NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

i'll see ya l8r then...

"Never argue with an idiot. He will lower you to his level and beat you with experience"- Unknown

Email NeoHermes (vigilance)   Goto the website of NeoHermes (vigilance)
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-06-01 15:26   
Its been a good long run bro, take care of yourself in that big bad world.

You know where to find me, so I wont say goodbye, just peace.

Bansh

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-06-01 18:36   
See ya in a few months bro

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-01 20:48   
Miss ya charz

[ This Message was edited by: Smokey[FA] on 2005-06-01 20:53 ]

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2005-06-01 22:47   
Sigh, why is it all the good players are leaving now. The game is not getting any better, yes, but its not THAT bad....is it? and not all of the ugto BDs flux, i dont at least....lol, well in the mean time good bye Charz......GL......

Page created in 0.023706 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR