No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » UGTO: Wargames
 Author UGTO: Wargames
2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-28 19:22   
First off I would like to note this story is rather ramshackle and was put toghether in about half an hour, however I tried to maintain a solid purpose throughout. Secondly, this story is not just a military thriller. There's a slight twist. Enjoy the read.

Steam hissed around corporal Gavin Northridge as the boarding pod he was inside matched it’s environment to that of the ICC dreadnaught it was now latched onto. Motors purred noisily as the hatch slid from view, his squad-mates took up their positions. As the hatch opened, his fellow soldiers came under fire and fell, dead at his feet, he dared not survey the floor, just swiftly take cover. He primed and tossed a particle scatter grenade over his shoulder and into the ICC ship, to his relief he peaked from his cover to see nothing but a circle of charred matter around the grenade. Sirens sounded around him as he moved into the ship and took cover as ICC infantry entered in a seemingly timely fashion. He lowered himself and left cover, letting his armor absorb some hits as he returned fire as bullets whizzed past him. His stomach lerched as he read his helmet display, which proclaimed his health to be at 60%. As he continued the process of hiding and departing from cover to return fire, the ICC enlistees got closer, and he was low on bullets, but he had still inflicted quite a few casualties, he was sure he was going out with a bang. As he dived from cover one last time his vision fell away and he heard a wailing ring in his ears.
Gavin pulled off the VR interface connected to the Boarding Action credit-op game he had been playing moments before as he hit his fist against its plastic surface, cursing himself for not trying harder, he was sure he’d only get number nine on the top ten best scores for this machine. Maybe if he practiced more he could get number one, but his mom was calling after him, they were going home for the day.

This story was loosley inspired by the Escape Velocity Nova fiction "Firebirds of Fury" whos author or location on the internet I am not certain of anymore. Any comments are welcome, and as per the inventiveness or origenality of this fiction; sorry if it wasn't up to snuff for any of you.

Email 2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan   Goto the website of 2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-28 19:25   
Quote:

On 2005-05-28 19:22, Sobaan wrote:
First off I would like to note this story is rather ramshackle and was put toghether in about half an hour, however I tried to maintain a solid purpose throughout.

thats about 29 minutes longer then I spent on the whole of my fan fic.

in other words: it's not a long time

2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-28 19:37   
boredome does that, and I took the time to note that because I didn't want anyone to expect an award winner (:P). And at this point it seemed I've tried my best to spare everyone the trouble of telling me off.

[ This Message was edited by: Sobaan on 2005-05-28 19:37 ]

Email 2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan   Goto the website of 2nd Rear Admiral Sobaan
Page created in 0.006708 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR