No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Unit Bug Reports...
 Author Unit Bug Reports...
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-27 10:03   
Please report any new bugs with the ground units here... if none are reported, then I'll assume everything is fine.

Goto the website of Faustus
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-27 11:21   
there was 3 ghost kluth inf on sirius 3, not doing anything, and the resident ugto inf arent doing anything about them. constantly getting invasion messages tho. bombed em off easily enough
unsure if this is related.

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-27 11:24   
at first i didnt think any combat was takeing place but then the leader arived and the rest of the troops on the planet soon started makeing there way to the combat area... however my troops ignored the leader... the leader didnt ignor my troops though... after the leader killed one of my troops all combat came to an end (troops and leader made no move to attack the remaning troops) even though i still had 3 more troops droped... the leader picked seemed to be random or maybe troops already spawned fail to become leaders as the leader chosen was a green troop fresh out of the rack from my bombing run...
also... my troops though ordered to attack did not move from the drop zone to find targets to attack...

edit...

ya thouse were my troops on sirius 3

edit...

tryed the raze comand, that seemed to work.. the defend comand seems to work as well... given the attack order they still behave as if it was a deffend order...

note i bombed and droped on the same planet... this time the troops on the planet made no move at all to deffend the planet...
[ This Message was edited by: Thorium on 2005-05-27 11:29 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: Thorium on 2005-05-27 11:55 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Thorium on 2005-05-27 12:11 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-27 12:08   
dropped 6 heavy vets on ha, vs a single heavy vet. set 3 of my inf to raze, the other 3 set to defend. the lone inf ate 2 of my defender inf and got a 3rd to 24% before it got killed. the 3 raze inf just sat.

inf set to attack really dont seem to be interested in attacking, tho i dont know if thats because they dont have a designated leader unit or what...
but you get a stack of opposing inf together on 1 diamond and they make peace not war... darned hippies.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2005-05-27 13:20 ]

Thorium
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-27 14:39   
ya i to though that 2 of my troops set to raze were not doing anything but assumed that they were attacking a building not seen from orbit... may be worth a closer look....

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-27 15:05   
Waste and Thadia both have two factions troops on them, so there were constant "Waste has been invaded!" messages.. and yet none of the troops would do anything. I dropped some onto Thadia to see if they would attack, and nothing would get them to move. They just sat there, unconcerned about the enemy inf on the other side of the planet.

On Waste, they'd managed to pile up a bit, but even then, none of them were damaged; they wouldn't fight. They just dogpiled then fell asleep.

I tried dropping them individually, in groups, and giving different orders; nothing seemed to motivate them.

Email Mithrandir
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-27 15:05   
strikes me that if we're going to be looking at how well units play follow the leader, it might well be a good idea to have some way of seeing which unit's the nonimal commander (render it in blue maybe) as well as some order feed back ie:
Unit is [Faction] [Fleet] [Type (heavy/light)] [Rank], has [Command] at [Target (structure, enemy inf)], [Commander]

so youd dump 10 inf on a planet and get
9 of "Infantry #[number] UGTO *MYTH* Heavy Veteran, has Attack at Infantry #[number] (this one would be enemy inf), Infantry #[number] (the friendly inf commander)
and the commander unit would be the same, cept for that [Commander] variable, could just spit out a "is commander" or string

nothing terribly complex required, nothing that cant be turned off or removed before beta goes live

makes unit orders a bit more streamlined as well, if players could target a command inf (say like 1/10th of all inf are commanders, get one per transport load if the all land) and give it the [Attack/Defend/Raze] order, and it'll send that order to the subordinate inf as well as the target.

aw well now im just making up stuff....

but basically if we can see (on a temporary basis only) what unit orders are, we can get a better fix on how well the optimization's working

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2005-05-27 15:10 ]

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-06-02 10:49   
Yup... asof this post they are still sitting around playing poker.... I think the Kluth and ICC infantry are having some kind of party on Leaph right now.

I sat in game and watched for about 30-45 min. and nothing happened... though if you have more than the defending troops it will turn to the attacking side, as usual.

Basically I am seeing what the above posts are seeing.... very unusual troop activity... If you ask me, and nothing against you F, I think we where better off with the other troop routing program...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-03 07:56   
They seem to have trouble deciding on a leader. I dropped 6 on a planet with two inf (bomber dread, down to 2 inf and 32 pop in one run with neutron ), neither side moved an inch. However, bombing one of the enemy inf off, the other sprung into action, annihilating my other 6 (still resting) solo.

EDIT: Dropped one inf on a planet with 30, capped it. Predator style, they never had a chance.

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2005-06-03 08:00 ]

Gray Fox
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-06-10 12:59   
units dont do anything when dropped on a planet,
Just keeps saying planet invaded. (although you capture a planet if you have more inf down than the enemy, the inf wont get in a fight and kill eachother.)

tried to capture UGTO planet back for UGY as well but inf doesnt seem to hit the surface.

Cheers Gray

Email Gray Fox
Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 10:12   
the issue i had was i dropped my inf, but only 1 of mine attacked at a time, the NME inf eventually died...

Thiresias
Admiral

Posted: 2005-06-12 14:36   
dropped 10 heavy inf on leaph, there were (and still are) 2 heavy inf there, nothing happened, i capped the planet and kept getting "leaph has been invaded"msg.
i believe there still sitting there (2 red and 2 green) playing poker

finished the build, wasnt gonna find out if the inf on planet would reach 34.

It actually got up to 34, i've checked through home info in lobby.

[ This Message was edited by: Thiresias on 2005-06-12 14:38 ]

Email Thiresias
Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-12 17:45   
OK once in a while the infantry work, and its kinda funny if you bomb them off and they survive sometimes they will start attacking the other infantry only one problem... Your allied inf dont defend themselves and die off kinda funny if you think about it... Every command seems to work except attack, theyll raze buildings, theyll defend their position minus attacking enemy inf but theyre harder to kill... But they just wont attack... They'll do it once in a while but 9/10 they just wont...

Page created in 0.018626 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR