No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Battle Arangements... Please look
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Battle Arangements... Please look
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-15 20:05   
Right after seeing that kick ass Hive battles if missed.. and the 3 boxes of tissues ive used up crying over the fact i wasnt there to see it.. i would like to actually have organised batles..
the reason.. to have a laugh you know.. nobody cares about lag.. ok thats wrong.. nobodys cares about lag.... when ur having fun.
So please lets arrange a kick ass battle.. in MV or fleet.. my geuss is MV
And arrange ships.. wether its hives,Stations.. or Crusers only.. or Dreads only.. or any ship PLEASE lets organise a date when everyone can hop on.. who will hop on what ship we will use.. and where the battle is..

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-15 21:23   
come on lads please try?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-15 21:29   
Tried this before, didnt work out, ICC came and bombed the planet each faction was using to re-supply.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-15 21:47   
well if everyone pulls together.. we can make it work.. please?

tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-15 21:52   
come on guys give the guy some support, more players are wanted then we must show up, i say we do it beta, will give beta another unofficial stress test

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-15 22:10   
It doesnt matter if we 'all' pull together, some person who finds it fun to spoil others fun, will butt in. Its life, theres no avoiding it.

tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-15 22:20   
back i kinda feel sad for u if you base your actions on some peeps that try to ruin things for others. The game has to be big to attract more peeps yet you keep trying to shoot down new players ideas when they try to get players together.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-16 00:13   
Well, its sad that i've had to witness these things to have my opinions on events such as these, turn out to be so negative. If theres a way to lock bombers out whilst doing this, then im all for it. But, theres always going to be someone who wants to ruin the fun and thinks its funny. For instance, flux isnt fun, yet some people mass mount it to piss other people off and ruin the fun for everyone.

Its exactly the same.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-16 02:46   
ok i do admit there will be someone waiting to spoil it.. maybe u hear that MAYBE.. but admins can and prolly will put a stop to that.
Now come on lets all arrange a time in 481 or beta.. i have got beta yet.. or even know how man players it can hold.. but come on lads LETS HAVE A KICK ASS FIGHT.. ive seen teamwork at its best when me apache,tarn,Backslash and others all gaurding the bomber jeebz.. and they way it looks.. man its just some smart stuff. seeing one little ship being surrounded by massive ships in 2 delta formations.. its just saming the be amazed at and we done that by using team work.. now lets use team work and actualy help each other out and have some fun.. if this is what darkspace community is all about and not giving 2 &&@*??@^s about what happens.. im off outa here. but if there is a community that love to play a game and expirement with it.. im all up for that..
For example. Homeworld. brought out in 1998. i got it the day it came out. merely because PC gamer mag said so.
And there i met Ramirez (Death Ramirez) and we played and played for 6 years until i quit outa boredom. now 6 years. 6 YEARS PLAYING CONSTANTLY EVERY DAY. now come on thats gota be 1 heck of a game aye?.. no not really. it was a good game iadmit it. but alot of flaws brought it down. But what brought it up. and made it playable for 6 years is the fact that everyone in HW community cared about the game. and therefor we experimented. we held official ladders and tournaments (Sierra was too bloody lazy to help out) we done all of this by ourselfs. and there is nothing better than organising a tournament were 40+ people ar eonline (that is good for homeworld usually average players are 6-10) but really nothing better than organising a tournament for 40 gamers just like myself to keep the game spirit alive.

Now help me out here? come on folks wont it be cool to seee 10 dreads all in a straight line facing another 10 enemy dreads ready to duke it out. that would be so freekin cool! or to see a weak match. sens. frigs only and watch them all duke it out. if we all do this we can just about do anything with darkspace. and therefor make its gaming spirit last longer. now who is with me

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-16 03:09   
2 Things:

Quote:

On 2005-05-15 21:29, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Tried this before, didnt work out, ICC came and bombed the planet each faction was using to re-supply.

Quote:

On 2005-05-16, Airwolf Wrote:

ok i do admit there will be someone waiting to spoil it.. maybe u hear that MAYBE.. but admins can and prolly will put a stop to that.

You can be sure admins AND mods will be right on it to assure fairness. That in turn, could be a problem as well.
The fact of the matter, cheaters usually try to hide their illegal actions; Its fair to say they'd be even more hidden in their illegal actions when in a server far more likely to be watched closely.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-16 03:15   
so.. can this problem be sorted.. we can have good organised esciting battles without folks spoiling it.. if there is any

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2005-05-16 07:25   
I'm all in for this Arranged Battle idea. Personally I like fleet battles. They can be long, but thoroughly enjoyable. My only worry is that if this works out, is that the "flux whores" will ruin it all. Battles are more fun without them, or flux for that matter.
Always flux. Flux has ruined our fun.
Anyway, I like the idea, overall.

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
KanaDIEn ^_^
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-16 07:26   
I'm in... u pink the time and place.. i'll be there

Email KanaDIEn ^_^
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-16 07:36   
ok well.. we will have Rules of Conduct.. for the Battles.. just chuck in some rules and ill manage it up.. with the help of some admins.
Ok..
the current rules as follows.
No more than 2 flux on any 1 ship. and no more than 3 ships carry flux in a team.
Different modes will be enforced. for example. TFFA mode.
Team free for all. No matter what ship or place. u go crazy and attack who ever or what ever.
(apart from bombing)
FFFA
Fixed Free for all. Only ships can attack their only ship types. for e.g.
Crusers only attack cruser destroyers on destroyers and Dreads on dreads etc.
FTB
Fixed team battle.
3 teams duke it out (1 team per faction) with only 1 type of ship. which will be decided by majority vote. for e.g. if the majority is crusers. only Crusers are aloud to fight. not any other type of ship. this goes for any ship.

DF

Draw fight. (same rules as FTB but only 2 teams and different layout)
The 2 teams start of in a straight ine facing each other 100-130gu apart
for e.g. Dread A faces dread B and beside Dread A is dread C and Dread C is facing dread D.
Then when the referee gives the go. the Dreads head up to 5gu/s throttle passed each other and when the referee gives the go they open fire.

THERE WIlL BE NO BOMBING at any time during these fights unless thre is an equal no. of players not taking part in the battle. if ufail to follow these rules u will be excluded from future battles and any other punishments Admins can figure out.

If u like my rules please say so. remember these arent finished yet.
If u want any other rules please say so.
this took me a while so please try and like it?

Also state in mind the lat time utryed to do this it never worked. because from what i understand and have been told admins didnt help out. also there wasnt any rules or proper planning. now if w eall work together we can have a heck of alot of fun

[ This Message was edited by: AirWolf on 2005-05-16 07:39 ]

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2005-05-16 07:47   
I'd prefer the all out faction battle, where each side has a fleet of its own, with a balance of the ship classes (i.e. 2-4 dessies 2-4 cruisers 2-4 dreads 2-4 hives) as an example, though I doubt such a mix would be on and if it would work as lag goes. But just having battle like this, might make for some interesting screenis to say the least.
And yes, no planet bombing of the spawn planets and half a batle area set aside where no side has any planetary defenes to interfere....
I cant think of much more to say at the moment....something will come to mind though...

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027834 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR