No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » just a thought to consider
 Author just a thought to consider
Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-12 14:00   
It seems apparent that ppl are upset and or frustrated with the release version currently in play. I draw this conclusion from the repeatedly locked rant threads. Nothing anyone ever post anymore is something noone else has posted before in referance to the release version.

My thought it this... as the release version will no longer be this game as soon as Beta goes release, why not take that energy and frustration over to Beta, hammer out the things you don't like in release and/or help Beta be the best it can be so that once it is released you will be happy and we'll all have our happy forum back?

Personally I feel Beta could use hardcore individuals who aren't afraid to boldly state their dislike for certain things and it could benefit from it. Every faction has the obligation to defend it's playability in this game. If you choose not to play an active role in the development of the new version, then you truely have no right to complain after.

Just a thought to consider

LordShard
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-12 14:04   
That's truue burt I could never get beta to work. xP

Don't press Ctrl W!

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-12 14:24   
*cracks knuckles*

On 2005-05-12 14:00, Woob {Absolut} wrote:
Quote:

It seems apparent that ppl are upset and or frustrated with the release version currently in play.

Disagreements over common flaws is more the problem.

Quote:

I draw this conclusion from the repeatedly locked rant threads. Nothing anyone ever post anymore is something noone else has posted before in referance to the release version.

Most rant posts are not locked do to them being a rant, as so much the replys being that of a flaming nature, or that the rant openly attacks specific people.

And yes, the same ideas keep getting thrown again and again in the forums.

Quote:

My thought it this... as the release version will no longer be this game as soon as Beta goes release, why not take that energy and frustration over to Beta, hammer out the things you don't like in release and/or help Beta be the best it can be so that once it is released you will be happy and we'll all have our happy forum back?

I'll agree with taking it to beta, but it in beta it is of irrelevance. Many problems currently in release are already adressesed in Beta, so its neigh pointless if those who have not bothered to look or test are ignorant of whats to come.

Quote:

Personally I feel Beta could use hardcore individuals who aren't afraid to boldly state their dislike for certain things and it could benefit from it.

And those bold dislikes/likes are their biased opinion and in the notions of this game, the last time Palestar listened to us, we were landed with the nearly total falilure that was 1.481. It's not that were afraid to adress them there, its just we know they are irrelevant.

Especially an opinion which is biased, does not at all adress the playerbase as a whole.

Quote:

Every faction has the obligation to defend it's playability in this game. If you choose not to play an active role in the development of the new version, then you truely have no right to complain after.

This is a subject of argueable debate. Any faction is designed, in the way it was meant to be, now in 1.483, K'luth for example, everyone complains their getting nerfed like hell. In fact, their being restored to what they should be at. K'luth are meant for hit and run, not the lumbing giants that go toe to toe with ships longer than human factions.

Example, just that.

It also needs to remember that this is the game Faustus has made, and worked on, and I have yet to see anyone ever say "Thanks for making such a damn addicting game." And instead, sit in the lobby, and complain he doesn't do a good job, or that his coding sucks. And you know how you are out there. And that indeed is a sad thing to know.

Remember without the 4-5 years hes almost single handedly coded this game, you would not even have the GCQL to complain in every day. Anything in the game, he has the the absolute right to change, regardless of a few peoples wants. And he most certainly has the right to ignore all user imput, if that need be.

This is yet another topic that I've seen repeated over and over, and I can't stress it enough. Beta, is not finished, it is still under development, and not one of us can reasonably say anything is set in stone until it goes release.

-Ent

Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-12 15:15   
Quote:

On 2005-05-12 14:24, Fleet Admiral Enterprise wrote:

Most rant posts are not locked do to them being a rant, as so much the replys being that of a flaming nature, or that the rant openly attacks specific people.

And yes, the same ideas keep getting thrown again and again in the forums.

I realize that, didn't mean to imply the topic of the thread .. more of what the thread envokes

Quote:

And those bold dislikes/likes are their biased opinion and in the notions of this game, the last time Palestar listened to us, we were landed with the nearly total falilure that was 1.481. It's not that were afraid to adress them there, its just we know they are irrelevant.

Especially an opinion which is biased, does not at all adress the playerbase as a whole.

True, but reading between the lines at the hidden meaning of the rant or whatever can reveal certain things that may be useful to a dev, alot of issues can be dismissed but at times there are things hidden within an all out complaint that was started by something that may need addressed. in referance to Beta.

Quote:

This is a subject of argueable debate. Any faction is designed, in the way it was meant to be, now in 1.483, K'luth for example, everyone complains their getting nerfed like hell. In fact, their being restored to what they should be at. K'luth are meant for hit and run, not the lumbing giants that go toe to toe with ships longer than human factions.

I'm aware of this aswell, but as any engineer or designer will tell you, sometimes ideas look great on paper or in theory but can lose their glamour when applied. is why i'm encouraging Beta testing from those repeating the same issues that may no longer apply.

Quote:

It also needs to remember that this is the game Faustus has made, and worked on, and I have yet to see anyone ever say "Thanks for making such a damn addicting game." And instead, sit in the lobby, and complain he doesn't do a good job, or that his coding sucks. And you know how you are out there. And that indeed is a sad thing to know.

Remember without the 4-5 years hes almost single handedly coded this game, you would not even have the GCQL to complain in every day. Anything in the game, he has the the absolute right to change, regardless of a few peoples wants. And he most certainly has the right to ignore all user imput, if that need be.

I agree ppl can be harsh. that again is a direct result of frustration, whether warrented or not. I personally haven't belittled his coding, I do however have playabilty issue on my comp which I'm seeking a solution for currently.

My point here was to say that the issues repeated that lead to flaming have been addressed I believe. They are quite possibly non-issues in Beta. But prior to the release of Beta it would be important to test it as to limit this issue later. I believe it was a rush to release the last patch and/or a lack of testing before release on the players part that resulted in this mass outcry of conflict. I think staff would agree that this trend of posting isn't in the best interest of the community. My point here was to encourage more testing of beta, by players, so that when it's released that type of posting leading to flaming could be greatly reduced.. or atleast in theory.

I think alot of us remember not too long ago when the forum was mostly a happy place, with good times, and interesting things posted almost daily. It's upsetting to see this turn sideways and become what it is recently.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-12 15:30   
Amen Woob. Point to bear in mind : Keep the problems of beta IN beta, and all will be well.

-Ent

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-05-12 16:06   
only problem with hit*n run luth style nerf ing

you cant keep planets with that kind of fighting.

defending planets from attacking fleets and you need staying power to actuly defend / without that not a chance.

we not gona be able to messure the full scale efects on this senario till it actuly get released, since it takes active hole fleets attacking targets over multiple systems.

and messuring one on one ship force dont take into account that most battels get faught between more than 2 ships.

1 server maps plays a lot diffrent than the mv does to.

so its hard actuly get the idiear how things will go to the new code actuly run on the mv servers.

so lets see what happens atleast gona be interesting.

as i see it i rather want the current beta code released right away and the palestar guys fix things on the fly than it running on beta one map with to few testing it.

my 5 cents.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-12 16:12   
with planets, you just zip around the planet, no need to jump away to refuel or repair, you have a planet right there, if anything, it makes it easier. You just arnt thinking properly.

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-12 18:48   
We all know DS is a good place to pass time, meet new people and have our input listened to and Faustus doesnt get enough thanks.

But wow there sure are those times I need a thanks for playing.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-12 19:17   
Quote:

On 2005-05-12 18:48, Charz wrote:

But wow there sure are those times I need a thanks for playing.

I agree. As well as paying.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-05-12 19:28   
well, as the title states.. here's a thought to consider. faustus is thanking you for playing and paying daily, and possibly even as i write. he takes away from his family and friends to code this game. there's your thanks. he could leave it like it is, give it up for dead and milk it til the last player leaves. instead, he works on developing this for you all.. think a little harder before you start writing like that, huh?

(i apologize in advance to some of you that i offend, but geez.. get real)

[ This Message was edited by: V.A.Rae on 2005-05-12 19:28 ]

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-12 21:08   
@Rae, I was refering to people who really make this game not fun for anyone.

For instance people who dont read the whole post b4 they go off on how we put Faustus on the Cross for our sins.. jeez

-WWFD?

Page created in 0.022754 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR