No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Disruptors
 Author Disruptors
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-12 00:55   
I would Like to make a suggestion. Would it be possible to remove the Variable in how the Disruptors work??

I dont like the Idea of one shot not doing much damage and the next shot doing good damage while sucking power like it,s water since we are gonna need to duck and cover 70 % of the time.

Yes I know most of the time the damage will be the same but in those few times it does occur it will really suck.

Human factions dont half to even think about will this hit do anything or how much damage there Cls will do at a certain range because they do the same exact damage every time at every single certain range.

I also think the Elf needs a boost it,s extremly weak and given our new short time of fighting then duck and cover.

Also I think the texture work on the ICC carrier cruiser needs work. it looks like a pic was just stretched from one end of the ship to the other.I also think the Carrier Cruiser Needs maybe one more fighter bay added.
Oh yea Please for the love of DS if it hasnt already been done add or improve the speed and weopons on the ICC supply ship.

I,ll be testing the UGTO Ships tonight to get a grasp on whats going on there.

Keep up the good work DEV/F

Email Beast
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-12 02:24   
Quote:

Human factions dont half to even think about will this hit do anything or how much damage there Cls will do at a certain range because they do the same exact damage every time at every single certain range.

All beam weapons have the same math factors, their random damage is 1/3 of the static damage value. This means CL's and Disruptors both give a varied ammount of damage, at no time is it constant regardless of range.

Disruptors have a slightly longer range than Cl's. Disruptors also have the advantage of no fall off. It does the full amount + modifier the whole length of its range. CL's quickly loose damage points the farther out the beam goes. At max range all they do is their random damage which is a variable and thus no more than 1/4 of the damage at close range. (So kluth keeping the enemy at the limits of their range have the advantage.)

Quote:

I also think the Elf needs a boost it,s extremly weak and given our new short time of fighting then duck and cover.

Will look at the code, but a siphon currently sucks most ships dry quickly. Though it appears energy is no longer being taken from devices, so that may need to be addressed. Thus Kluth can unload your systems.

Email Tael
tagar
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-14 21:31   
is it supposed to drain weapons still?

Page created in 0.006997 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR