No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Timer before firing ?????
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Timer before firing ?????
RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-09 00:10   
I dont know if this is a bug, i hope it is as i cant find anything about it in the dev log .. there seams to be a time delay between decloaking and firing

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-09 00:12   
This is by design...

Email Tael
RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-09 00:17   
Then the timer is way to long and takes way the only advantage kulth have when it comes to combat The First Strike .. i went to hit a BD in a mandy and he kill my armour before i even fired, then my systems got fryed before i got my secoud hit in

[small][ This Message was edited by: ragAnok on 2005-05-09 00:17 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: ragAnok on 2005-05-09 00:25 ]

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-09 01:38   
How long is the timer anyhoot ?? My video Card is on the frits atm.

Also why a timer ?? it makes no sense at all any kind of timer just kills the Hit and run tactic .

It would be get close decloak wait such and such time while you are getting pounded fire a shot or 2 do 12 % armour / shield damage then recloak.

[ This Message was edited by: Beast on 2005-05-09 01:39 ]

Email Beast
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-09 07:28   
make the timer 1-2 seconds (two at MOST), but make the recloak time A LOT bigger.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-09 10:25   
Guys, this is what testing is for... exactly, this kind of feedback... good job

Goto the website of Faustus
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-09 10:58   
Ok I would say a 25 to 30 second recharge time Before you can recloak from the Last Shot fires since most of the time your gonna need to jump away anyhoot.

If not that do a Recloak timer from the last decloak at about 45 secs to a minute.

But there should be no timer on firing between decloaking and firing your first shot.

[ This Message was edited by: Beast on 2005-05-09 11:00 ]

Email Beast
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-09 11:20   
I would disagree with no time between uncloaking and firing... I still think it needs to be atleast 1 second...

Perhaps, about 7 seconds to recloak...

The cloaking device is a continous energy use device, it doesn't need to be charged after turning off... I don't want to make it a charge type device.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-09 13:21   
1-2 seconds for firing is fine, I think it allows for a certain "OMGJEBUS!" effect before the "OUCH!" kicks in..

The recloak problem has been talked about loads here, I think a time of 25-35 seconds would be more than enough for a dread to take damage and deal damage, and then be forced to jump out. Stations, obviously would have a huge recloak and decloak time, and the timer would get smaller depending on teh hull size. Destroyers, I would say about 7-10 seconds, maybe something smaller, Cruiser, 10-20 (20 would be absoulte maximum though).

The way to fix the charging, would be to have a ZERO energy use when recharging, so that it can just be flicked back on, or perhaps, have it so that when you re-engage the cloak, it will have a timer of how much time you have left untill the thing re-establishes (like a jump timer).

You could always shove some modifiers in there and see what hte engine chucks out, see if it works atall....afterall this is beta.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-05-09 13:22 ]

Alien Mastermind
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-05-09 16:47   
Why must there be a timer anyway? This seems very illogical to me. What's the point of the cloak? Isn't it to get close to the enemy at the desired angle and what not, and fire FIRST? If I see a ship appear right beside me, I will surely not wait 2 seconds before firing... meaning, I as a human will deal the first hit. This is pretty confusing.

Email Alien Mastermind
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-09 23:22   
Re: Recloaking:Why not base it on sig? The higher the sig, the longer it takes to recloak. This will give the human factions a reason to carry ECCM again, and kluth ECM. And the new[est] model of beacons will have a use other than being annoying. The larger the ship, the higher the base timer would be with the ambient sig being zero, and smaller down the line.

As for a timer for firing when decloaking, why? Isn't the point of the kluth to decloak, fire one or two salvos, and run away? If they do not get the first shot in, this will severely limit their combat capability. Think of it in terms of a turn based game. Each side has a number of turns, and if Kluth dont get to go first, they may end up losing a turn because of their [supposedly] weaker armor.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Erk
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-09 23:54   
A. Beacons work like a charm. B. I've seen Kluth dreads insta cloak poof gone and if you ask me something as strong as a dread shouldn't be able to insta cloak. But on the other hand my CD kicked the crap out a Siphon I find this kinda strange and sad at the same time. C. Kluth are weaker than I thought and insta cloak is the only thing they got as long as its only one I would say insta cloak is fair but how many players fly solo in MV...you can count them on one hand.

In finaly Kluth need insta cloak though if there is more than one meaning 2 on 1 Kluth having 2. I just dont find it fair and if anyone has noticed the ICC are really getting the short end of the update I mean my Battle Cruiser slapped an AD in the face so fast he only got off like 3 alphas and the 3 he did get off did nothing. Any ways all i'm saying is I rather have the Kluth with the insta cloak [note I play as UGTO every time I log onto a server]
why people are so mad Kluth can insta cloak i dont know stick with a beacon and its all over but hey thats just my little say in it.

You Feel A Thousand Deaths By Fearing One.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2005-05-10 02:38   
I, personally, liked the cloak in the 1.481 design proposals.

Immune to ECM/ECCM, prevents firing of weapons and loading/unloading of troops.

It DID have a cooldown, in that you couldn't re-cloak for awhile after de-cloaking (and vice-versa)...the theory being that a K'luth ship could either use its cloak to sneak up prior to an attack, OR to escape from battle.

Larger ships would, obviously, have longer cooldowns...so while K'luth frigates and destroyers might be able to fade in and out, striking and then vanishing, with the dreads it would be more like OMG!DREADNOUGHT coming out of nowhere and hammering with its weapons...or the K'luth fleet shows up, and as any ship starts taking critical damage, it just vanishes...

Faustus, I understand that you don't *want* to make the Cloak a recharge device, but to be honest, it would work a lot better than the present version IMHO.

Email Jim Starluck
Alien Mastermind
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-05-10 15:20   
100% in agreement with what was said directly above by Jim

Email Alien Mastermind
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-10 16:04   
I havent adjusted the timer values for the different hulls yet. So bigger ships will take longer to recloak... But also want to factor it off the Sig too.

Email Tael
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034670 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR