No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » ds beta dowload links r corrupt
 Author ds beta dowload links r corrupt
Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 18:55   
i was having troubling entering the beta. as soon as i clicked play ds just shut down to desktop. i've downloaded the beta from both links atleast 5 times each and each time i try to install it says the file is corrupt. i dunno what to do i cant install the beta and i cand enter through the retail version either...so i dunno?????

DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-06 10:23   
I had a problem with beta exiting to the desktop too, but I wasn't getting any corrupt file errors. The fix for mine was to relaunch the beta install and choose "uninstall all previous components". After the uninstall finished, I reinstalled. Then when I got to the lobby, I clicked the Update button at the top FIRST before choosing the server to play. The update installed more files. I then clicked the beta server and Play, and all has been fine since.

Perhaps this will work for you.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-05-06 11:58   
If you have bad memory or a bad/failing CPU or NIC card you can experiance issues like this. I had a NIC starting to fail in my main system so half the large files I downloaded would be corrupt and not run.

Another thing to note is that with the beta, because of the two different systems we are upgrading in parrellel, sometimes the autoupdate system doesnt detect changes to the WOB files. So its recommened you periodically click the Update button in the beta client to force a check.

Anytime you are crashing to desktop in beta when you try to enter the server, your WOB files are more than likely out of date. Forcing a manual update fixes this and you may join the server normally.

Email Tael
Page created in 0.006646 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR