No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » ever had one of THOSE discussions?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author ever had one of THOSE discussions?
Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-04 16:39   
you know,

this actually happened between me and a fellow fleet member who is refusing to play the game just because the bugs made him wear his bum as a hat. i wouldn't really care except he just kept complaining on how we're losing; "they just took another planet," "only three systems left," "this is hopeless." i finally just told him to either stop bitching and play or shut up, and now he's all pissy.

i'm just assuming he's goth because his attitude is spot on.

in anycase, this comic goes out to everyone who's ever been in this situation, the ones trying to convince someone to stop crying and play, or don't play at all, you have my sympathy. to the other guys, play the game or shut up.

also, for the record, i used artistic license.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-05-04 16:42 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-04 16:45   
Insulting goths isnt really gonna get you any bonus points...infact...more the opposite kind...

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-04 16:49   
in all fairness, the whole goth thing is nothing more than a label people slap on them to be rebellious and at the same time still be a part of something. like Emo.

and what are the "goths" going to do? writhe bad poetry about me?

in anycase, that's not really the point of the comic. more of a little footnote. and besides, maybe the guy in the comic is only assuming the other guy's a goth because he's obsessing so much over how "it's all futile."

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-05-04 16:51 ]

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-04 17:37   
/me looks at savages fleet.

Nevermind...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-04 17:45   
Actually, I'm rather impressed by how strongly you conveyed the character's body language with so few lines. Cool!

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-04 17:54   
Im considered "Gothic" becuase I wear black dress shirts, and a red tie..But no, Im not..Im a regular person, infact..Im friends with every type of "Labled" people at my school..But ehh, funny comic none the less..Like the cheap artwork, was cool.

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-04 17:54   
i like simplicity.

-Stormryder-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-04 18:26   
Reminded of people like Vore and Airwolf. So what are you saying Jack... those of us who arent like Goths should get shot into space?

[ This Message was edited by: -Stormryder- on 2005-05-04 18:36 ]

Email -Stormryder-   Goto the website of -Stormryder-
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-04 21:48   
Quote:
and what are the "goths" going to do? writhe bad poetry about me?

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2005-05-05 01:29   
I wear Black underwear sometimes.. so I am a goth?

Leviatan
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 01:58   
ROFLMFAO

Now listen savage, you're making yourself look stupid by whinin 'bout my whinin'.

I'm tired of fighting for NOTHING every time we take a system, VOILA, one night with nobody online, VERY COOL, its taken again, and even less planets left than last time!

And first off, my whinin' 'bout distruptors has nothing to do with MV, I said you that I'm gonna pass scenarios with K'luth to save my keyboard from smashing. Then you started calling me a wuss for it, but you don't even probably know what the heck are you talking about.

This is how my errand in mv goes mostly:

I'm trying to keep systems and stand my ground there.
In 30 mins I gotta flee for being overnumbered, fighting after that would have been futile.
I'm logging off to eat something or playing something else for a while.
I log back to see how many systems left, well, last evening it was 3, then I logged in the lobby, and vóila.

The whole thing started from this stupid Captain_Savage, I'm not taking "wuss" as a compliment, I'm just so darn tired for fusing up when playing in newbie. Then you start complaining that im not coming to MV becos I'm tired for fighting for the day. Then here we are... Mister savage playing tough by making some really bad looking paint cutscene upper ahead.

Now Savage proved me that he has sand in his head instead of brains.
It certainly isn't my fault if you're a kid, who calls everyone in visibility a "wuss".

Enough of this bull.

Mystikal
Vice Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-05-05 02:20   
Well, all I can say is, that you shouldnt stereotype goths, and bully/oppress them for their beliefs, or tastes in clothing, music, etc.

They have a right, as with all other americans, to do what they want, without someone to push them around. Stop being ignorant and insulting someones views that you cant understand.

I am not goth/punk myself, nor do I agree with some of the things they do, but, I will fight to protect their right.

(But I still listen to Dimmu Borgir XD )

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 08:22   
Quote:

On 2005-05-05 01:58, Shade[2ndRA] wrote:
ROFLMFAO

Now listen savage, you're making yourself look stupid by whinin 'bout my whinin'.

I'm tired of fighting for NOTHING every time we take a system, VOILA, one night with nobody online, VERY COOL, its taken again, and even less planets left than last time!

And first off, my whinin' 'bout distruptors has nothing to do with MV, I said you that I'm gonna pass scenarios with K'luth to save my keyboard from smashing. Then you started calling me a wuss for it, but you don't even probably know what the heck are you talking about.

This is how my errand in mv goes mostly:

I'm trying to keep systems and stand my ground there.
In 30 mins I gotta flee for being overnumbered, fighting after that would have been futile.
I'm logging off to eat something or playing something else for a while.
I log back to see how many systems left, well, last evening it was 3, then I logged in the lobby, and vóila.

The whole thing started from this stupid Captain_Savage, I'm not taking "wuss" as a compliment, I'm just so darn tired for fusing up when playing in newbie. Then you start complaining that im not coming to MV becos I'm tired for fighting for the day. Then here we are... Mister savage playing tough by making some really bad looking paint cutscene upper ahead.

Now Savage proved me that he has sand in his head instead of brains.
It certainly isn't my fault if you're a kid, who calls everyone in visibility a "wuss".

Enough of this bull.

shade, honestly, how conceted can you get? i'm no longer even talking about you. our conversation was nothing more than an inspiration for the comic. you're proving yourself to be rather immature not only for the reasos listed, but also how you're "boycotting all Kluth servers," because they're so uber. in all honesty i wouldn't have cared, but then you had to go about and complain about how the ICC is losing, and at the same time not doing a single thing to help, claiming that "i'm not going to lose another ship/ more pres by going up against the entire kluth fleet alone."
you're actions and comments were the very defenition of wuss. but it doesn't matter.

play the game, or don't. either way, stop bitching about things you have no control over.

Quote:
Well, all I can say is, that you shouldnt stereotype goths, and bully/oppress them for their beliefs, or tastes in clothing, music, etc.

but that's just it, all they are is a steryotype. and what do you mean "opress them for what they belive?"

you know, i could make a comic favoring goths, and i'd get no noise from anyone, even though it's "what i belive," but once i say something bad about them, even though it's still "what i belive," you all crucify me. that is bias.

i' m tempted to link to Maddox right now...but i'm not gonna.

and now, with the goth issue exauseted, lets all shut up and talk about the comic, rather than focus on one single, insignificant part of it.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-05-05 11:54 ]

Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 08:26   
Can you two take your little argument elsewhere as most of us don't want to hear it. Continue this and the topic shall be locked.

Your friendly neighbourhood moderator,
Placebo

P.S On another note...those stickmen are fantasitc...you can see the emotion in their body language... amazing...

[ This Message was edited by: Placebo on 2005-05-05 08:28 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-05 10:32   
Savage, you should remove that link...bad language etc..

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032667 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR