Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » YOU PLAY TOO MUCH COUNTERTRIKE WHEN...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author YOU PLAY TOO MUCH COUNTERTRIKE WHEN...
philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 04:05   
Can someone send me some crackers and cheese?
btw nice jokes

[edit]Sorry mate, against ROC, don't go asking for cracks for illegal games.

[ This Message was edited by: Placebo on 2005-05-05 08:15 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-05 07:26   
Placebo joo muppet

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2005-05-05 15:38 ]

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-05 12:14   
Quote:

On 2005-05-04 22:10, BackSlash wrote:
CS mod team has never listened to the public idea's (with the expetion of one thing). You know why?

On a large scale game such as Counter Strike (very large), there are those who play the game, know how to play it, and well. They get on with life, know how to use the guns etc, and play the game.

The other type of people, are the ones who dont have natural skill, and get angry at the fact they keep dying because someone has played longer than them.

The expection being btw, was the riot shield for CT's (for anyone who has ever played CS 1.6(4412), the riot shield was introduced out of the blue, because so many people had complained about the terrorists getting to accurate and powerfull weapons (the colt is actualy exactly the same, but has 2 more points in accuracy, and 2 less in damage). This ruined the game, so many servers have no banned the use, or blocked it from being baught. They learnt from this mistake, and CS is still fine.

The reason there are innacuracys, is that the game needs to be fun, if the game were 100% accurate, one shot would kill everyone, etc etc. To allow a certain degree of playability, they merge ammo types so that people dont need to waste money on two types of ammo.

You may say that CS is very innacurate, and that its unreal, but...it doesnt explain why its the worlds most played game. Unreal and innacurate doesnt mean its not fun, and in most cases, making a very realistic game would result in fluke shots winning the round, and not skill, very much the 'spray and pray' aproach.

CS is meant to be a pick it up, and play it game. If it were too realistic, it would take that away, and slow it right down, meaning you would have to spend a while getting into it and playing it, not "Oh i'll have a quick 10-20 mins on CS". For instance, DarkSpace has a lot of innacuracys in it, if Faustus took them into acount, we probably would have a VERY slow game and a very unfun one. Accuracy doesnt always work, try thinking about it more, you will see that the designers of CS have actualy incorperated realism and non realism very well, by bending the rules slightly, changing ammo types, they have created one of the (if not the) best games of all time.

-Jack

Quote:
i don't belive i said anything about realism being paramount.

the inaccuracies just annoyed me. as they always do.

i'm just going to ignore the blaring fallacy that such an abstract concept as "skill" is somehow genetic.

if they wanted to merge ammo types, why not merge the ammo of the UMP with the USP, and not with the Sig/XD?

i saw no problems with gameplay, you're just being redundant now.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-05-07 12:15 ]

philll
Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-05 13:40   
ur mean back

my parents wont let me *buy* it

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-05 15:37   
the UMP and USP do use the same ammo....
the MP5 uses the glock ammo as it should.

No rifles are allowed to use any other ammo type.

You must have been playing on a modified server that runs a mod (some do, like warcraft 3). Either that, or you are mixing up gun types (perhaps?)

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2005-05-05 15:39 ]

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-06 22:11   
no, i was playing the Xbox version. the Five Seven and the P90 share ammo, as they should, the FAMAS and the M4 share ammo, but the AUG and the Minimi have different ammo, which isn't accurate at all.

the USP doesn't have the same ammo as the UMP, and the UMP and the "233" do. naturally the MP5 shares ammo with the "Glock," beause it's 9mm. unless the Glock is chaimpered for 10mm(which i belive in many countries they are, but i'm probably wrong).

i have observed this. the USP and the UMP have seperate ammunition.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-05-06 22:48   
they are games
realism isnt important
balance and fun is
BF:V - a law and a superaccurate machinegun misplaced the game balance, and the viet boys got minced
actually the choppers are just ridiculous too, but forget that for now

but newho, u cant expect one inch of realism in these games. the fact that there is some should be applauded i suppose.

and i dont think its a "shame" people dont know what a real m4 fires like, or how it reloads. if everyone knew that i would find this planet very depressing i think.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-07 04:24   
Quote:

On 2005-05-06 22:11, Captain_Savage wrote:
no, i was playing the Xbox version. the Five Seven and the P90 share ammo, as they should, the FAMAS and the M4 share ammo, but the AUG and the Minimi have different ammo, which isn't accurate at all.

the USP doesn't have the same ammo as the UMP, and the UMP and the "233" do. naturally the MP5 shares ammo with the "Glock," beause it's 9mm. unless the Glock is chaimpered for 10mm(which i belive in many countries they are, but i'm probably wrong).

i have observed this. the USP and the UMP have seperate ammunition.

FYI, the Xbox version was developed by Gearbox, none of the original mod developers or designers WORK for Gearbox, and so Gearbox changed it for themselves to make it easier for console users.

Play the PC version, it was designed and made for that, not a console.

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2005-05-07 07:39   
The critical thing about realism in games is the ability to suspend disbelief long enough for the player to enjoy themselves. The same theory applies to movies. Absolute realism isn't too important, except in top of the line simulators, but likewise, totally unreal aspects of a game will cause a player to be unconvinced by the game fiction. Games that 'draw you in' are the aim of the, er, game.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2005-05-07 13:32 ]

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-07 12:16   
Quote:

On 2005-05-06 22:48, Lark Of Eternity {Absolut} wrote:
they are games
realism isnt important
balance and fun is
BF:V - a law and a superaccurate machinegun misplaced the game balance, and the viet boys got minced
actually the choppers are just ridiculous too, but forget that for now

but newho, u cant expect one inch of realism in these games. the fact that there is some should be applauded i suppose.

and i dont think its a "shame" people dont know what a real m4 fires like, or how it reloads. if everyone knew that i would find this planet very depressing i think.

Quote:
i don't belive i said anything about realism being paramount.

the inaccuracies just annoyed me. as they always do.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-07 12:28   
backslah i agree 100% with u absaloutly.. i had the 13th ranked cs player in the world at my house last night ehehe and he was talking to me about the accuraccy's, inacuraccy's hacking etc.. and he just about said everythin u said in that topic..

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-07 15:09   
/me thinks you are lying.
/me knows you are lying.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-05-07 15:13 ]

Pimpalicious Nerd {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-07 16:15   
Quote:

when every time you sit at a computer you automaticlly put your fingers on A,W,D and the space bar.

This happens with any good game that uses WASD controls.
Quote:

when you write an english report in 1337. "1t w4s t3h b3st 0f t1m3s, 1t w4s t3h w0rst 0f t1m3s..."

If you were to do that then you'd definately have no freaking life at all.
Quote:

when you ask what "sv_gravity" is set at when playing basketball.

Only good one right there.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-07 16:36   
Yeah, I've never been to AirWolfs house...

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-07 18:28   
ha ha.. no really He was here he was talkin to my mum on the net and he was helpin her out with the computer and he noticed i had cs on the comp and asked if i play it.. and so he turned out to be the 13th ranked... he also
has a nice comp layout.. he has 3 pcs at home.. with a nice lan connection between the 3 so that the 3 have pings of about 1-3 and everyone that comes in has pings of 30- ... so he was cool.. but back slash he did agree.. and frankly enough so do i.
so i geuss u liked my jokes.. hey i want all of u to pick ur favourite

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.038103 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR