Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » YOU PLAY TOO MUCH COUNTERTRIKE WHEN...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author YOU PLAY TOO MUCH COUNTERTRIKE WHEN...
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-03 07:52   
you play too much counterstrike when... (ud bette rlaugh thise took me 2 months)

when you sign all your personal checks with your WONID.
when you strafe supermarket aisles.
when you visit a place and say to yourself "This would make an awesome map."
when you are on IRC saying, "yI love playing CS!"
when your wife left you, your kids have left you, but you don't give a crap because you just knifed someone and you have an awesome kill ratio.
when you are nervous at work becuase there is an air conditioning vent above you.
when you stop [edited] becuause you think your neighbor has a wallhack.
when you ask a supermarket employee where the buy zone is.
when you pick out your clothes based on what blends the best.
when every time you sit at a computer you automaticlly put your fingers on A,W,D and the space bar.
when you get up 2 hours early for work so you can play, but it doesnt matter because you're late anyway.
when you sneak up behind your friends and start stabbing them with with index finger while make knifing noises.
when someone beats you in something and you yell "HAX!"
when you call in sick because you lost your match last night.
when you carry a knife to school just so you'll get there faster.
when you get a glock and shoot someone in the head expecting them to live.
when you write an english report in 1337. "1t w4s t3h b3st 0f t1m3s, 1t w4s t3h w0rst 0f t1m3s..."
when you get beat on a console game and think the other person is wallhacking, even though they are sitting next to you.
when you switch between your pen and your pencil constantly, to be more like HeatoN.
when you're going for a job interview and your first words are "Can I join your clan?"
when you try to defuse your alarm clock in the morning.
when you wake up and get angry that you didnt spawn with 800 dollars.
when you ask the school bully for a scrim.
when you crouch for more accuracy while playing dodgeball.
when you ask for a restart after missing the school bus.
when you're playing a sport and the opponent talks to you and you say "TEAM TALK ONLY PLEASE."
when you watch a movie and are constantly telling your friends/family what kind of guns they're using and which ones are better.
when you try to carry something up a ladder backwards and wonder why its not working.
when on a cyber-network you ask for: "1v1 my bed east pm me" and "NO pugs!"
when before sex you say "DR" and "lo3."
when you call the american army "lame" because of HE-spamming.
when you ask a friend to crouch to help you climb a small crate.
when you are getting a midnight snack and try to bunnyhop to the fridge in an attempt to make less noise.
when you join the army and lose an arm from the belief that that grenades explode three seconds after you throw them, regardless of when you pull the pin.
when you curse Valve every time something goes wrong in your daily life.
when you ask what "sv_gravity" is set at when playing basketball.
when you accuse someone of stealing your kill in a shootout.

u like it.. please tell me?

[ This Message was edited by: Fornax on 2005-05-07 12:29 ]

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 08:48   
Counter strike is a bad game. not in the sence it isn't enjoyable, as there isn't a person alive who doesn't enjoy kiling terrorists, but rather it's filled with inaccuracies that just nag at you.

for example, some weapon names are messed up. they aren't copywrited nor trademarked, there is no excuse for it.

they refer to Magazines as clips. they are not interchangeable.

the reloading animation for the Minimi, aka the M249 SAW, is all wrong. and the sound it's belts make is completely unrealistc.

the hollywood silencer mousefart. real silencers are either a simple 'click,' or a very loud cough. depending on the power of the cartridge, the quality of the silencer, and the acoustics of the environment.

the avatars(i.e. player/bot models) stick the right elbow out. this is one of the firstthings they teach you not to do in rifleman training. as it offers too much of a target.

the M4 animation is unrealistic as well. the armalite AR15 features a drop free magazine, that is to say it slides out easily with no assistance from the operator. all you have to do is push the mag release with your finger, and insert a fresh magazine. also, it's standard training to keep the weapon trained on the target even when reloading, this is to allow faster target reaquisition.

the so called 233 and the H&K UMP share the same ammo, yet the UMP and the USP do not. this is odd, as the UMP(Universal Machine Pistol) is chambered for .45 ACP, as is the USP(Universal Service Pistol). i'm pretty sure that the 233 is a Sig Sauer or that Springfield XD. if it's a Sig Sauer P228 or XD then it's 9mm, if it's a 229 then it's likely 10mm or .357 Sig. either way, it's not going to be compatible with the UMP.

the ammunition ammounts are all wrong. the AUG holds 90 spare rounds of ammo, with thirty round magazines as standard, that means the operator only has three magazines on his person. no tactical vest in the world has that few magazine pockets. i'd understand if it were only 120, but 90? no sir, that don't compute. the average Tac vest has four magazine pockets, with accomodations for two magazines each. that adds up to 240 rounds of ammunition on the operators person.

the Galil is renamed the defander, now i don't speak hebrew, so i have no idea what "Galil" means, it probably means defender, so i'm not gonna bother with that, but from the look of it's magazine, i can tell that it is chambered for the NATO standard of 7.62x51mm. if this is true than it should be more powerful than the Kalashnikov, which is chambered for the more managable yet less powerful Soviet 7.62x39mm. on the other hand, the FAMAS, AUG, M4, M249, and SIG 551(aka the "commando) are all chambered for 5.56x45mm NATO, and yet they all do different damage.

also, the guns are reversed. the ejector ports on almost all of them are on the left side, while right-hand guns feature the port on the right.

like i said, these don't inderfere with the gameplay at all, but they just nag at me.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-05-03 08:53 ]

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:00   
dude man.. u need to get a new hobby.. ok sure everyone has their own opinions but man.. a whole page..sheesh... so i geuss udidnt like the jokes..
Ok sure SOME of the weapons are inacurate like the night hawk pistol which is actually a desert eagle.. and others but its really fun.. and i enjoy it

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:33   
oh, i like the jokes, i just wanted to share how i don't like Counter Strike.

also, it's not a hobby, it's a job requirement.

the accyracy ins't the issue, although now that i think of it the shotguns do have a rather pathetic spread.

anyway, i did say that i like playing it, didn't i?

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-05-03 09:35 ]

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 09:46   
Quote:

On 2005-05-03 09:33, Captain_Savage wrote:

also, it's not a hobby, it's a job requirement.

Let me guess.. you work for the post office?

all bad joking aside what do you do?

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 10:33   
Im gonna hazard a guess and say infantry.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:11   
Maybe hes from Texas.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:48   
Savage, you make a mod...

When it becomes the most played online game in the world...I will apollogise...but untill then...

LOL@JOO!

Your critising TWO peoples work...TWO...they did it without help, with references just from the internet, they did their best to get gun sounds (because...duh...they cant just go "Yo dude! gimme a glock I wanna see what it sounds like!").

If you want a realistic counter strike, play source, its pretty much as realistic as a FPS gets...

Your names are screwed up because you baught played the retail version, not the MOD. For legal issues, the retail package CANNOT contain the real gun names. If you really want, contact me and I can forward you the legal info (im not posting it here as it would spam several pages).

Oh btw...

You play too much counterstrike when you try jumping off a cliff into a 2 cm deep puddle .

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2005-05-03 11:50 ]

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:02   
i never said i didn't like it, i just said that there are inaccuracies that nag at me.

also, for the record, i'm training to be a gunsmith.

i'd like to see the laws pertaining to the screwed up names, as it seems rather odd. that does explain quite alot.

[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Savage on 2005-05-03 12:05 ]

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-03 12:29   
just admit cappin savage that CS isnt as unrealstic as uthink.. the blood and gore are 50-50 the gun sounds are realistic as well as the magazines diff gun takes diff magazines and thats accurate.. also the FPS (frames per second) is very high in this to create a realsitic accurate shooting. So really its not like UT2k4 where just about everything is fiction... but with UT2k4 its also unskillfull.. eah sure i can kill about 50 folk shooting rockets everywere and hopping in the biggest badass tank.. but CS is a skillfull game and to kill someone that is expeirenced u need to have skill.. thats why CS is no.1 ranked for tournaments.. its also had the biggest amounf of prize money one the team 3DO one it last year at the world cybergames with a nice amount of $350,000 dollars.. which is really nice.. so come on this is just about the most realistic shooter u can get... NOW BACK TO THE FREEKIN SUBJECT who liked my jokes?? (top post)

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 13:31   
i like the jokes, and the realism isn't the problem, i see no problems with the game at all. i just said that it's inaccuracies nag at me.

also, my idea of a bad game is one that doesn't make it into my list of "best games of all time evar."

give one oppinion and people crucify you...

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-03 13:54   
sorry w elove you really.. lol

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-03 14:06   
lies!

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-05-03 14:22   
*smiles* I had the thoughts of one time of saying 'You know you play Darkspace too much when...' topics...but never got around to it.

I may dig up the whole notepad of it I made, and post it. ^^

-Ent

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-03 14:49   
Rogue stole my picture of my trip to mexico, the one I'm wearing the sombrero and drinking a bear, I didn't shave that day, hich is why I look all fuzzy

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023368 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR