No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Conflict
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author The Conflict
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-03-29 00:08   
Alright, the fans deserve an explination as to why there havent been any parts out as of late. Needless to say i have been really busy with irl matters...Work...Getting a loan from my bank to get my bloody car fixed...Things around home, tons of things. So i havent really had the time to do anything with the story as of yet, trying to let things settle down.

So i figured id give everyone a heads up, so no one has "withdrawl" symptoms like earlier in this stories lifetime. And that way no one mugs me on the lobby for lack of story part releases.

So once things settle down ill be getting back on track with things here.

-Ryan

Email UnknownWarrior
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-10 21:50   
For those of you who havent heard. Reason why I havent been working on this fan fic in such a long time is the flat out fact that ive transformed "The Conflict" into "Darkspace: Final Conflict", a full book. Thus far ive gotten down to six chapters fully written plus the Prologue. And since those of you out there that have been very big fans of this mini-fan fic, I'll offer up a small 'teaser' of what you can expect from the full book should it get published. And now for your reading pleasure, a FULL chapter from the book.

Unknown Chapter from Darkspace: Final Conflict

1100 Hours, July 30, 2130 (Military Calender)/
ICC Listening Outpost, Tau Ceti System
Undisclosed Location

Petty Officer Anderson sat there bored to death at his chair near the main computer. He had been spending endless hours with very little sleep constantly keeping watch on all major sensor probes and intra stellar communication. And it was seeming just like another average day with nothing going on. A few supply transports coming in from CD*36 with a lot of outgoing military traffic through the Luyten and Ross gates due to the recent general assembly.

Anderson's eyes were growing heavy, almost falling asleep several times, though he caught himself each time. Though this time he slowly began dozing off, oblivious to the fact that a Senior Chief was standing there behind him. Her voice damn near causing Anderson to have a heart attack.

“Get your lazy ass out of that chair Anderson!” The man jumped out of his seat and spun around, saluting the Senior Chief.

“My apologies Chief! Ive been on watch for around thirty hours now and have had no rest.” She shook he head and passed him, looking at the screen.

“And in that time have you bothered to check the logs on her, or have you even looked at the screen for anything suspicious?” Anderson looked over at the screen and saw what she was pointing at. Near the Xi Bootis gate ships were disappearing before reaching the gate. This began to worry him, but before he could reach the keys, the Chief was already typing in the commands to bring up the probes external cameras. Within seconds the screen switched to the probes camera view.

“My god...What the hell are those?!” The insectoid look of the ships passed by the probe. One of the fighter squadrons launched from under the two large forward protuding spikes. They themselves looked like spiders on the head, though bore the same four forwarding spikes like the ship they launched from. They spun around in a swarm for a few moments, then charged the probe. Flaming balls of psionic energy passed the probe, causing its electronics to be disrupted by static until a psi cannon hit the probe directly destroying it.

Anderson slumped back into his chair, shocked and stunned at what he saw. They had no clue what they just saw. Hell they didn't even know what they were looking at. Maybe it was another UGTO invasion, but those looked nothing like the ultra sleek UGTO ships, and they were more organic looking than gold plated armor. There were no lights either. Maybe another form of Gaifens? No they never attacked like that.

“Chief...What the hell are we going to do?” She looked at him, then with her hand smacked him across the face.

“What the bloody hell do you think were going to do? We're going to inform command thats what!” Then she began typing in the handshake protocol into the COM system. It took a few minutes, but was finally accepted by the command branch on Alantis. She then encrypted the message and sent the signal and the coordinates. With any luck, the ICC fleet there could mobilize and head to the Xi Bootis gate and hopefully prevent an invasion.

“And thats how you stop an-” A beam cut her off, slamming down from the ceiling. It instantly cut her in half as it slammed into the main computer. A lance of yellow energy cut through the main sections of the station. The klaxon's on the station sounding, the commanders voice heard over the alarms.

“This is the station commander, all personnel report to the escape pods immediately! I repeat, all personnel report to the escape pods'-” Static was heard, then screaming about being sucked into an endless vacuum. Anderson sat there, scared out of his wits.

The station soon enough began to list to one side. The same organic ships appeared out of their cloaking fields outside the stations weapons range. Small fighters launching from the same ship that was on the probes video camera. These small little fighters weaved through the Rail Gun fire from the station.

Psi Cannon blasts erupted from the front mandibles of the fighters, then missiles launched afterwards. Some of the fighters and missiles vaporized out of no where. While on the station pulses of red energy flared off. Small lances lasting only a split second fired. The stations pulse beams were still firing at fighters and missiles.

While the stations defenses were occupied with the fighters, another large vessel appeared near the station. ICC Supply Stations were massive attend looking objects with a large ring around its center. Three bubble like domes found on the ring in an equilateral triangle shape. The unknown vessel that appeared was much bigger than the ICC Station, and resembled more of a flower, though much deadlier. Four massive spikes towered over the top and bottom of the vessel. Within seconds of appearing, a massive energy orb formed at the center of the organic looking station. Then suddenly, a flash of light and heat formed around both stations engulfing them completely.

The flash could even be seen at Alantis, most of the people who noticed took it for nothing more than a star off somewhere that went nova. Which was far from the truth.

The light and heat soon subsided, the organic ships were still around, then slowly phased out of view completely. The ICC Station, a massive symbol of pride, nothing more than smoldering debris of its former glory. The massive Hive Station standing there in the wake of the destruction, only spinning to simulate gravity for what ever was housed inside. When the light finally faded completely, the station faded, until all that was left were just smoldering debris, floating through a seemingly empty and endless void.

Email UnknownWarrior
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-10 22:10   
Nice! Now I need to re-read it all... you suck

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-10 22:14   
grammar mistakes, and perhaps a little short for a full chapter, but otherwise i liked =)

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-10 22:47   
OMG nicccce XD

Email GothThug {C?}
UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-11 10:40   
Well Sarah id like to get the majority of the book done before i start going through spell and grammar checking. If i try correcting as I go, then it'll probably take me twice as long to get it done. But first I gotta be able to make sure I can get the entire book done. That aside its a short chapter due to the fact its just setting the scene like the one proceeding it. After this and the next chapter they get to a real length.

Email UnknownWarrior
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.020888 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR