No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » To the Kluth...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author To the Kluth...
Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-27 13:24   
Ok I know there has been alot of flame threads concerning the kluth, and basically it seems the community is divided between being human and lobster. Humans say kluth are overpowered, overmanned and they flux alot.

Although ive only been in action for about 2 weeks and ive played ICC 95% of the time. (UGTO other 5%) Ive come to the conclusion that these statements are false.

Now I know that saying something nice about another person/people is becoming a taboo around here but I just want to say the kluth have handled the abuse quite well.

1st. In the time ive played only on 3 or 4 occasions did the kluth actually outnumber us.

2nd: Kluth overpowered? I honestly think theyve been nerfed incredablly since the 1.480 days. Back then you had to worry about the claws with Cl2ks 5 nuke mines and Ganglias with lots of cl2ks reloads and the works. It was hell to go up against kluth. Now it seems like flying a kluth ship is a death trap.

3rd. Kluth abuse flux? Perhaps a couple of them do, but I see a hell of alot more ICC abuseing multiple flux then kluth. Do kluth still flux me? Yes, every time I go into battle, however, I am only getting hit by 1 or 2 flux at the most. ICC mount more flux than Kluth do.

I know I just pissed alot of ICC and uggies off by saying these things, and sure I'm only on in the afternoon for about 4 hours, but in the short time ive played, ive rarely died to kluth (even with there flux) we almost always outnumber them, several of them die repeatedly and just keep coming back for more, If I lose a ship, I normally call it a day. Come to think of it in the past 2 weeks ive only died once to kluth gunfire, the rest was due to lag, pilot error, MadJohn wormholing my AD into the sun, and 1 bad experience with a gaifen.

My hats off to the kluth, theyve got some honorable players who have put up with far to much abuse, Mad John, TAXI, RonnSonn the SYN fleet, and many others. Infact the only kluth player I really have an issue with is Ragglock, he makes shipyard abuse look like an art form but then again somethings never change.

Am I changing to kluth? NO FRIGGIN WAY. I still hate them with a passion, I will shoot them every time I see them, I will never ally with them, and I despise everything they stand for. I will continue to do horrific, mutilating, experiments to Lobsters in my offtime (Its for science I swear!) I will continue my campaign against shutting down Red Lobster and more importantly I will still continue to pee in the ocean so they cant breath.

However, despite all the hate I DO respect them. My hats off to y'all.

Edit: Me and my big mouth, just got killed by a fleet of 8+ Kluth. Nonetheless they took my AD and I got 5 of there boys so it was an even trade as far as I'm concerned. Good Job!

More Edit: I just got ownd by the biggest baddest Lobster of all, Im not quite sure of the identity of this Elite Kluth warrior, but I know a better pilot when I see it. The Vampire Pandora whooped the crud out of me.... I now realize that I can no longer proclaim myself as top dawg of DarkSpace. Ive never seen a station dodge torps like that, that is, until I saw Vampire Pandora fly it. The Kluth Evolution has begun....

[small][ This Message was edited by: Rogue Spear on 2005-04-27 14:29 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Rogue Spear on 2005-04-28 19:30 ]

Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-27 13:50   
thx

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-04-27 14:05   
im sorry to say that many kluth now feel they so cornerd but overwhelming numbers than they startet to mount the multi flux boats again.

for an long period many flew only with one or none at all
resent player ballance blowout to ugto side have change that.

even yours trully have ships now with more than one flux wave an reaction on al lthe whining over just having a flux beam for my part.

im just sorry to say that with new version i fear than kluth is more downgraded to a point where they cant stand their ground at all , but time will tell when we all drop into the next versions brand new ships gona be interesting no matter what .

as for sy abuse hehe well

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-27 14:58   
I'm wordless...such a nice speech.

[ This Message was edited by: The Dlunk Rampire(aka JRE) on 2005-04-27 14:59 ]

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-27 15:44   
The speech was so stunning that all the words you have accumulated are gone?

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-27 15:51   
Something like that? Those BK commercials are so retarded.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-27 16:26   
Quote:

On 2005-04-27 13:24, Rogue Spear wrote:
Ok I know there has been alot of flame threads concerning the kluth, and basically it seems the community is divided between being human and lobster. Humans say kluth are overpowered, overmanned and they flux alot.

Nope, they're not overpowered, but I'll get to that later.

Quote:
Now I know that saying something nice about another person/people is becoming a taboo around here but I just want to say the kluth have handled the abuse quite well.

A lot of people might want to disagree here; but before they do, know this: Rogue is right. As a whole, the K'luth's regular playerbase HAS handled things extremely well... most K'luth, in fact, don't say much of anything on the forums in this regard. It's just that a certain few individuals have taken it upon themselves to become some of the most hostile people in DS because of the (only partially) undeserved rants and complaints about the K'luth.

Quote:
1st. In the time ive played only on 3 or 4 occasions did the kluth actually outnumber us.

The tides of the playerbase change periodically; a while back K'luth had crazy numbers of people on, now UGTO seems to be steamrolling everything... ICC will have their day too, hopefully soon, because I haven't gottan to fight a real battle with the ICC in weeks.

Quote:
2nd: Kluth overpowered? I honestly think theyve been nerfed incredablly since the 1.480 days. Back then you had to worry about the claws with Cl2ks 5 nuke mines and Ganglias with lots of cl2ks reloads and the works. It was hell to go up against kluth. Now it seems like flying a kluth ship is a death trap.

Exactly. The K'luth aren't overpowered at all, they're actuallyunderpowered. I had a lot of fun fighting K'luth back in 1480. They were more dangerous and could kill you fast. Now, however, they HAVE to use either raw numbers, flux, ELF, or some outstanding tactics to have much of a chance of winning.

Quote:
3rd. Kluth abuse flux? Perhaps a couple of them do, but I see a hell of alot more ICC abuseing multiple flux then kluth. Do kluth still flux me? Yes, every time I go into battle, however, I am only getting hit by 1 or 2 flux at the most. ICC mount more flux than Kluth do.

Yeah, you're right here. ICC do use a lot more flux than K'luth; but K'luth still do use flux. I have a problem with ICC or K'luth being able to use flux personally; it was intended to be an UGTO-only weapon. But aside from that, the ICC does have some people that have become quite infamous for their flux abuse, and while the K'luth might not use it THAT much, it's still rather annoying to get fluxed by someone who by all right shouldn't be able to use it.

Quote:
I know I just pissed alot of ICC and uggies off by saying these things, and sure I'm only on in the afternoon for about 4 hours, but in the short time ive played, ive rarely died to kluth (even with there flux) we almost always outnumber them, several of them die repeatedly and just keep coming back for more, If I lose a ship, I normally call it a day. Come to think of it in the past 2 weeks ive only died once to kluth gunfire, the rest was due to lag, pilot error, MadJohn wormholing my AD into the sun, and 1 bad experience with a gaifen.

I don't mind them dying repeatedly and coming back for more, except when they're dying repeatedly tranny rushing you and then exit the game and come back with the exact same ship and do it again. And again. And again.

Quote:
My hats off to the kluth, theyve got some honorable players who have put up with far to much abuse, Mad John, TAXI, RonnSonn the SYN fleet, and many others. Infact the only kluth player I really have an issue with is Ragglock, he makes shipyard abuse look like an art form but then again somethings never change.

I disagree with the RonSonn part, but whatever.

Email Bobamelius
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-27 16:39   
I like to face the K'luth..I got tired of shooting ICC when K'luth wherent doing much..Keep up the work K'luth, give us something to fight for..and to ICC..Dont let us finish of the K'luth..Fight us for their territory, Come on..We dare you.

Oh yeah, I have no problems with any K'luth player..except Nitron/Apollo...He runs his mouth to much..I take my joy in killing him though..

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-27 16:51   
I just hate the players who do things to annoy others, like mass flux/elf mounting...

No good comes from it appart from unfair advantages and making other people angry. Its not how the games meant to be played, so I dont support it (sportsmanship).

-Stormryder-
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-27 17:32   
I really agree with everything Rogue Spear says, I've never fluxed before in my entire DS career except once when a huge number of ICC did it to me and my fellow bugs. Why people bicker about ELF's gets me really... I use it the way its meant to be used and thats to suck energy dry of someones ship, and if I mass mount it so be it, called tactics. UGTO and ICC has other types of weapons that can compensate for ELF's.

Email -Stormryder-   Goto the website of -Stormryder-
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-27 19:08   
Actualy, UGTO is screwed if you ELF the, it goes through armour. I dont know why im saying this, but, the only UGTO ship that can withstand two or more elf being thrown at it (because two elf to any other UGTO ship, cripples it), is the battle dread, and thats only if you have AME drives and two/three reactors, it cripples the EAD because of its high energy weapons, hence if you elf it, the 4 CL2k's, 4 CL550's and torps all reset and zap more energy away.

I'll try to explain this now, whilst im on the topic, im not going to name any names, im just going to explain why there are more UGTO whining than ICC and/or kluth.

I will go through how each of these uber weapons effects each faction, and why it effects UGTO slightly, or hugely worse than other factions.

Elf V ICC

Whilst Elf was the favoured weapon back in the day to take down ICC shields because they seemed to do more damage and zap energy from the shields. I dont know if it still zaps energy from the shielding, but its one of the reasons why ICC are so strong against initial first strike elf attacks. Their shielding can rotate and pretty much stop any unwanted Elf (or non elf) attacks. This makes them the stronger of all three factions against Elf (as kluth would be in the same position as UGTO if we could mount elf).

Elf V UGTO

I already explained this up there, but just incase you want more...i'll say it again. UGTO armour doesnt protect against Elf. Elf goes straight through it and zaps away at the energy. The problem being, that any ship smaller than a dread, is going to get their energy zeroed in seconds if more than one elf is used. It may not take away ALL energy on the strike, but the weapons reloading leaves the ship with very little or zero energy afterwards, which is why its so devistating against the EAD (for reasons said above). Ofcourse, we have some energy if we are still or moving slowly, but the main advantage of UGTO, is their speed, so...null point really.

Elf also does systems damage, so if ICC or UGTO are hit on a section of bare hull, their systems drop rather quickly.

Onto Flux...

Flux V ICC

Pretty much the same story with Elf, whilst mass, mass mouting of the weapon will break ICC as with most factions, a simple duel mount of flux, should not break the shield as 1% shielding protects against the blast. If however, they do get fluxed, they are sitting in the same boat as UGTO...

Flux V UGTO

UGTO are pretty much screwed from the star, you alpha to get rid of the first armour plates (which on anything other than the EAD, is not hard to get through). After that, the systems take damage, and you HAVE to get out. Theres no waiting to repair a few systems, all systems to 0%, you are forced to withdraw. It takes a long time to repair, you have hull, armour and systems, all to repair, and the likely hood is that there are a lot more UGTO queing up for the depots like you. Hence a very long wait ahead.

Flux v K'luth

Flux has always been weaker against kluth due to their AHR, which is a massive advantage to kluth v UGTO, as UGTO have (or are supposed to have (flux beam for instance)) system damaging weapons. A kluth player who is fluxed, only has to wait (I think its 2-3% to all systems a second so...) 33~ seconds to wait for all systems to be repair and up and running, back in the fight WITHOUT the help of a depot. This does not take into acount that the first slot also has a 2-3% system repaired a second. Hence you can see the advantage of AHR. They are also the only faction to be able to mount flux beams at the moment.

After reading this I hope you can see why Kluth have the largest advantage and UGTO/ICC have been given the other end of the stick.

Whereas this is pretty much Null/Void and fixed in beta (which I personaly cant wait for, if you havnt got it already, go check it out). I thought it would help those who cant see where UGTO/ICC are coming from.

Back onto topic...I applaud the kluth who play fairly, they know who they are, and I respect them for that.

-Jack

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-04-27 21:14   
Hmmm interesting in that I have played Kluth a few times now to battle UGTO in MV and find much of what is said false. I too believed in ubber Kluth but no longer. Except for a couple areas Kluth have a hard time.

As Kluth I have the hardest time getting a kill, the firepower that I'm used to just isn't there. You must work in numbers, hence the Wolf pack being used so often. If you go 1 on 1 with Kluth and your bigger than an engineer, you have soooo many opportunites to get out and not be killed. That is not the case when I'm flying my Hvy Cruiser .

Kluth are having a hard time, like any faction does when being attacked by overwhelming numbers. I've seen similar things happen in Icc, and also for a short while as Ugto.

One thing is for sure though, if one faction has more than 3 to 1 odds, it just doesn't make sense to fight. Maybe defend a cluster but most do not want to die. Once you lose your modded ship you may say WTF and just SY abuse. I hate it when that happens but I now see why. If your one of the few of the faction on then you may have no choice. That said I do not SY abuse, almost all will agree with that. I die when I normally get tired (on a few hours, or had a hard day) and so almost always log and call it a night.

Anyways I just wanted to get out the word that I no longer think Kluth are ubber. The faction that has 20+ people on and still outnumbers the other two factions is UBBER!

Anymore talk is blah blah blah.

Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2005-04-27 21:48   
Icc have blinking lights....I dont think thats fair at all...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-27 21:55   
Quote:

On 2005-04-27 21:48, The Vampire Pandora wrote:
Icc have blinking lights....I dont think thats fair at all...

^ She has a point....

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-27 22:07   
In response to BackSlash's post:

ELF vs ICC:

ELF beams drain the shields (Which have less hit points than armor already), and reset the weapons. This forces you reorient your shields, making your overall shielding even weaker. Also, shields normally disappear after A) getting hit with one or two alphas, or B) being hit with a few ELF beams.

Flux vs ICC:

When fluxing someone who has no armor or shield damage, we can all agree that system damage is not a prolem, correct? So the need is to get the enemies shields/armor down, and then flux them. Or, you could go the noob route, and flux the armor, and this is where the difference between the factions comes: Armor, with its more Hit Points, is better than shields because it can withstand flux better. The advantage of shields (The ability to rotate them) is nullified because flux works in an instant flash.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.041325 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR