No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +23.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Post Phase 1 -1.483 test results
 Author Post Phase 1 -1.483 test results
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-25 13:11   
Stress test ran much better than I had anticipated and we have identified several points that need to be addressed, items that were not appearing in normal beta testing.

Points we are currently working on and hope to have resolved in short order:

• Shipyard Blockade code - propperly flagging/unflagging blockade status
  • Modding costs - Removing gadgets costing credits but not returning when reinstalling. Cost are only suppose to be calculated for the ship when you put it in the shipyard, gates, garage, or it is destroyed. If its value is lower than stock (ie gate stripping parts) you will loose the credits for those parts and incure resources lost again. Also a block will be places that if you are below 0 credits, you can not remove any objects from your ship, you can change out items, but not strip them.
  • Planet build diamonds not moving with planets moving in orbit in F3 view.
  • Elf animation not turning off when device is shut off.
  • Returning fighters not properly returning to bay counts.
  • Pres cap simular to rank limited servers for fighting AI's. The AI's are beening prepared to offer newer players another thing to do in the MV. Vets are vastly better and stronger than the AI's so its unsporting for them to fight them. Conversely, attacking AI's when your rank is to high (admiral to ga possibly) you loose points for unsportingly attacking the ai's. (last part not set in stone yet, just a consideration)
  • Switching display layout of gadgets so Name, Level, Slot, arcs are displayed before description.

Hopefully we will have these closed out in short order.

Email Tael
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-25 13:56   
Quote:

On 2005-04-25 13:11, Tael wrote:

• Modding costs - Removing gadgets costing credits but not returning when reinstalling. Cost are only suppose to be calculated for the ship when you put it in the shipyard, gates, garage, or it is destroyed. If its value is lower than stock (ie gate stripping parts) you will loose the credits for those parts and incure resources lost again. Also a block will be places that if you are below 0 credits, you can not remove any objects from your ship, you can change out items, but not strip them.

Hopefully we will have these closed out in short order.

lower value of the entire ship as a whole or individual parts? ie putting a few lower value items on a ship with some higher value items, and having a higher value over all- would not be hit with any credit loss or res lost?

and can a block be added so you dont go below 0 credits period? since that seems to have been causing problems for people (15 billion and cant buy nuthin')

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-25 16:23   
Quote:
Conversely, attacking AI's when your rank is to high (admiral to ga possibly) you loose points for unsportingly attacking the ai's. (last part not set in stone yet, just a consideration)

If we may vote, I'd say that that would be bad - if you happen to get caught in a "Gaifen Storm" or whatever, it wouldn't be very exciting to lose points defending yourself.
Though I agree that they shouldn't provide points to the vast majority of players.

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-25 16:33   
Gaifen storm?

For some reason, coming from shig, that sounds quite bad.....

hehe. Gaifen Army...as a playable side!

edit: also, does that mean a reset of the current map now that 'standard rules' are in effect? cause ugto don't even have any planets.

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (x2 Pistolet Makarov) on 2005-04-25 16:34 ]

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2005-04-25 16:42   
what about if high rank attack "low end" AI
then he simple loose nothing and gain nothing

(maximally it will change his kill / death counter

fair for all?

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-25 16:45   
There was a news article posted last night and the maps description changed back stating the rules were back into effect.

Maps were also reset last night. so anyone attacking the home clusters are going against the rules again.

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-25 17:35   
Tael, it might be a good idea turning off blockades for the time being to allow people to test.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-25 18:08   
Blockade code is high on the fix list, if anyone is found in the enemy home clusters they are subject to wipe of beta stats and a kick as before. Its posted in the news, in this thread, and on the maps themselves, so everyone has had 3 opportunities to know better.

Email Tael
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-25 19:36   
when I click on jupiter.palestar.com all of the UGTO planets are labeled BLUE instead of WHITE square'd

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-25 19:53   
erm the whole not being able to store ships larger than cruisers in gates thing, is that somehow part of the new sy/blockade code or the rank changes?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-26 01:42   
Fattie, that's just a problem with how the map is made, not a real bug.

Email Shigernafy
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-26 12:25   
Shipyard bug has been fixed

Email Tael
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-04-26 17:14   
If I understand the AI issue you are bring back AI ships or just Entities? I remeber way back when there were AI Transports and yes the killing of said ships for prestige was severly abused.

I beleive we could include AI ships once more. I have an idea for this. Though I am not a programmer I do have an idea how AI ships can become stronger and more effective.

When I was a Beta Tester for the MMOPG BattleTech we had a program which allowed AI Mechs to be used in the place of human players when they were not on-line. I suggest a variation of this AI routine.

Could the AI be made to have certain "knowledge" based on its rank? Let us say a AI Captain started of at Ensign. After doing actions that would normally advance a Human characters rank, the AI would gain rank thus making it "Smarter".

For an Ensign it would be 10% smart.... i.e. restricted movement (not turning or using speed to the best of its ability) not firing weapons as fast or as smartly as could be possible.

As the AI gains pres and rank it would become more... effecient and therfore piloting bigger and badder ships.

I am not sure if this could be emplimented but it was an idea I happened to have pop into my head late last night.

Maybe even and AI faction?

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Page created in 0.018741 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR