No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +17.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Phase 1 - Stress Test notes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Phase 1 - Stress Test notes
Yitram
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-23 17:46   
On the UGTO BD, both of the IT missile slots are Fore, Left, one of those needs to be a Fore, Right.

Email Yitram
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-23 18:13   
In engineering screen (F3) the diamond are not correctly aligned over the planet and are actually slighty skewed to the side. Makes building planets hard.

Goto the website of Drafell
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2005-04-23 19:44   
At present, it is *very* difficult to mod a ship, even without counting the inability to build/upgrade items to higher levels.

The only time you can tell what slot type a weapon has is when it is installed on your ship.

The only times you can tell what level a weapon has is when it is installed, or when it is in the Starport.

You get ZERO information about items in your storage, or the slot types when you try to install one.

Say I'm trying to modify an ICC Combat Dread. I want to replace a few Level 0 Railguns with some Level 4 Railguns I bought from a starport. I have the lvl 4's in my cargo, and the lvl 0's are still installed.

I can right-click on the Level 4 guns, but when it shows the available slots to install them, I have no idea if I'm replacing a Level 0, a Level 4, or a Level 8 railgun. And once I've replaced one, I have no idea which of the items in my cargo are Level 4 and which aren't.

In addition, some of the text blurbs on various items are so large they push the Slot Type and Level off the screen (namely Heavy Beams, IT Missiles, etc).

Modding a ship would be infinitely easier if we could see info on weapons in cargo, and if their descriptions didn't get pushed off.

Email Jim Starluck
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-23 22:37   
Fighters (I only saw ICC and UGTO fighters) that fire their missles have a VERY large engine glow a couple of seconds after firing their missles

also the UGTO missle cruiser is retarded

5 fore missles

10 left/right

and 7 aft

what, do I have to spin in place to fire all my missles?!Start discoing to launch my IT's?!?!

their should be a TON of missles fore, and 1 or two left or right, and NONE aft!

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-24 02:44   
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 17:46, Yitram wrote:
On the UGTO BD, both of the IT missile slots are Fore, Left, one of those needs to be a Fore, Right.

Fixed

Email Tael
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-24 02:45   
Quote:

On 2005-04-23 19:44, Jim Starluck wrote:
At present, it is *very* difficult to mod a ship, even without counting the inability to build/upgrade items to higher levels.

The only time you can tell what slot type a weapon has is when it is installed on your ship.

The only times you can tell what level a weapon has is when it is installed, or when it is in the Starport.

You get ZERO information about items in your storage, or the slot types when you try to install one.

Say I'm trying to modify an ICC Combat Dread. I want to replace a few Level 0 Railguns with some Level 4 Railguns I bought from a starport. I have the lvl 4's in my cargo, and the lvl 0's are still installed.

I can right-click on the Level 4 guns, but when it shows the available slots to install them, I have no idea if I'm replacing a Level 0, a Level 4, or a Level 8 railgun. And once I've replaced one, I have no idea which of the items in my cargo are Level 4 and which aren't.

In addition, some of the text blurbs on various items are so large they push the Slot Type and Level off the screen (namely Heavy Beams, IT Missiles, etc).

Modding a ship would be infinitely easier if we could see info on weapons in cargo, and if their descriptions didn't get pushed off.

Device modding interface not implemented yet

Email Tael
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-24 03:12   
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 02:45, Tael wrote:
Device modding interface not implemented yet

And it never will be! Bwa hahahaha!

Email Shigernafy
RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-24 03:49   
Planets are not coming off blockade after enemy ships have left, making it imposable to use the shipyards
tried constructing a shipyard on a non shipyard planet, could not use the new shipyard as that planet had been under blockade at some time before construction of the shipyard.

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2005-04-24 04:05   
not sure if anyone hit this before ... when building up planet as engy in F3 very often happened to me that buildings were appearing random (not at planet destination i selected) ...

also i want to point out it's quite HARD to differ in f3 mode which dimamond is "front" side and which "backward" side of planet ... (see thru) ...

tested both on LCD and CRT monitor to be sure it's not just my eyes lol ...

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-24 07:23   
Neutron Bombs do absolutley no damage at all. Great if you want to create a firework display in the atmosphere of a friendly planet, but not good if you are trying to bomb places.

Goto the website of Drafell
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-24 12:09   
A blockaded planet shouldnt be able to take IN ships, spawning thems a different matter (maybe a 50% reluctance to let you pilot one?). Makes a lot more sense to stop the SY abuse (like lone said in the other thread).

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-04-24 12:55 ]

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-04-24 12:58   
at 1156 mst i tryed to play and found out htat i was unabel to undock from a shipyard as it was saying it was under a blockade and then was NO ships around the said planet. I then got a hisp from the gate and then moved to the same shipyard planet and then tryed to undock it. I got the same thing as i was unable to undock.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-24 13:31   
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 07:23, Drafell wrote:
Neutron Bombs do absolutley no damage at all. Great if you want to create a firework display in the atmosphere of a friendly planet, but not good if you are trying to bomb places.

neutron only kill pop

Email Tael
hlavac
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-24 14:32   
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 03:49, ragAnok wrote:
Planets are not coming off blockade after enemy ships have left, making it imposable to use the shipyards

This one is quite annoying, unable to play seriously on beta. No shipyard can be used anymore.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-24 14:45   
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 13:31, Tael wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-04-24 07:23, Drafell wrote:

neutron only kill pop

Neutron doesnt do ANYTHING.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023585 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR