No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Do you dislike the beta so much that you will unsubscribe when it is released?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Do you dislike the beta so much that you will unsubscribe when it is released?
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-22 10:33   
Just like the subject says.
Do you dislike the beta so much that you will unsubscribe when it is released?

YES

Because the whining about the kluth being too powerful is already started. "OMG the kluth can't be seen enough while cloaked so lets make it that they can't cloak close to planets or other ships."

*sigh*

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-22 10:38   
Interesting, where did we say thats what we were doing... its called a Discussion. Ie, brainstorming...

People were throwing out ideas, nowhere did anyone say thats what we are going to do...

Another case of speculation gone ary...

Email Tael
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 10:54   
I myself just d/l beta last night and have yet to really play it; but I do intend to over the weekend.

The beta looks interesting, whether or not I'll like the changes is hard to say, but it looks lke there is more stuff and more to me usually means better. I am hoping that some of the smaller ships have been made more useful in combat.

But, for me, they would have to frack the game up pretty badly before I would unsubscribe. So long as there is prey in the MV for me to hunt, I shall remain.

The biggest thing I have looked for in DS is the addtion of new ship technologies that would allow us better customize our ships. Like in MechWarrior. It would be sweet if 10 EAD's could have 10 different loadouts that were actually useful. As is now, each ship has basicly 1 or 2 effective loadouts.

[ This Message was edited by: [Space] on 2005-04-22 11:09 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-22 12:29   
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 10:33, NiTrOn wrote:
Because the whining about the kluth being too powerful is already started. "OMG the kluth can't be seen enough while cloaked so lets make it that they can't cloak close to planets or other ships."

*sigh*

Kluth always cloaking..I dont have a problem with...its the problems that can occur when the trannys come out and want to close drop. Nothing can stop them, so something has to be done to stop that.

So we players throw a few idea's out. In all honest, cloak not working 500 gu from a planet isnt death to all kluth, oh noes....Hell, it might not even be like that, they might make it so you need to uncloak for atleast 10 seconds before dropping infantry or something...who knows....

But making asumptions when you havnt played beta much, is not a good idea. Kluth have enough firepower to hold their own for the amount of time it takes to get from 500gu to a planet and back (considering the planet is 100gu wide (give or take). Trannys can rush in because they are quick and dodge fire.

I mean...really, if you actualy sit down and think about it, its not deadly atall...or a big nerf. Its just making the game fair for everyone. Hell...we can be seen at 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000~ gu's from a planet....

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-04-22 12:31 ]

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-22 12:45   
i have no problem with the having to uncloak in order to drop troops and fight, it kindof reminds me of the klingons. only with four arms and ugly ships.

having to uncloak close to a planet is stupid, and this is coming from someone who hates the bugs with a passion. it negates the whole purpose of a cloak.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-22 12:53   
The cloaks purpose is for stealth and evade...

Its not to attack unseen, but to be able to sneak up on your target and unveil at the last second before you attack, then slowly slip back into hiding...

Email Tael
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 13:09   
I, for one, love beta and can't wait for it to be released. I have but one thing I dont like about it and it is that darn wait for the ship selection I get when I first log into beta........

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-22 13:50   
Ok then, let kluth get 8 carriers and drop onto an enemy planet, nothing you can do to stop them from waltzing into enemy teritory and capping any planet they want.

Like Tael said, its just an idea that was thrown around on the beta discusion forums, as something needs to be done to stop this scenario from happening.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-22 14:05   
No, I won't 'cause maybe it will weed out ... certain personalities from an otherwise positive community.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-22 14:06   
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 12:53, Tael wrote:

Its not to attack unseen, but to be able to sneak up on your target and unveil at the last second before you attack, then slowly slip back into hiding...

Yes I agree with this but if you are going to start saying we can't cloaked near planets or ships it kinda defeats the purpose of a cloak.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 14:52   
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 14:06, NiTrOn wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 12:53, Tael wrote:

Yes I agree with this but if you are going to start saying we can't cloaked near planets or ships it kinda defeats the purpose of a cloak.

You can cloak near planets and ships. You just can't attack those planets and ships while cloaked. Open your brain.

Email Tbone
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-22 14:55   
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 14:06, NiTrOn wrote:

Rflol, now just where did i say you cant cloak near ships?

You sir, are sadly mistaken. That was never stated anywhere...

The only thing considered was a possible 500gu exclusion around planets thus making it a fairer trade off for sprinting the last 10 seconds to target...

Did you know that shields use to stop you from landing Inf? What if we reenabled that instead of a 500gu exclusion around planets caused by the gravitational flux caused by a large mass object?

Anyways, instead of making up fictitious comments, why not stick to the facts... You are basing your whole point around a falsely conceived perception of a thread and then seeking to disseminate grossly inaccurate information in support of your flawed conclusion.

Email Tael
Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 15:02   
But uh, they cant bomb if there cloaked in beta. Also, there is always a way to against it, ICC can pulse/ram the bombs. UGTO can flux the inf/ram bombs.

Again, this is beta. Wait it out and continue to test to develope more options as they come.

And lastly you cant complain about being able to stop them if your not there to defend the planet. Almost all the planets have or should have sensors anyway, its really a matter of you being there to defend it.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 15:17   
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 15:02, Ospolos {Plimkosherai} wrote:
And lastly you cant complain about being able to stop them if your not there to defend the planet. Almost all the planets have or should have sensors anyway, its really a matter of you being there to defend it.

Talking about beta here (why is it in release forums? I dunno). Sensors don't affect K'luth.

Email Tbone
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-04-22 16:28   
Actually, I think sensors do affect cloak. THe K'luth cloak needs to compensate for incoming ECCM, and it's not instant, so enough ECCM will cause a ship to be uncloaked for a little, until the cloak compensates. Also, K'luth can't jump while cloaked.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021369 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR