No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Demorians New ship requirements...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Demorians New ship requirements...
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:45   
I like it...........however.

With the exception of:

All factions:
Light Transport : Midshipman, Bronze Navigation

UGTO:
Battle Cruiser : 1st Rear Admiral
Bomber Cruiser : 1st Rear Admiral no badge?

I don't think there should be a Badge requirement for a Light Tranny.

How about Battle Crusier: 2nd Rear Admiral (with a few Silver badges or something)?

And I'd leave on the Gold Bomber Badge requirement for the Bomber Crusier. (or at LEAST SOME bomb badge requirment)

Other than those minor points (or even including them) I think it's a good idea.

Great Job Demorian.

Antdizzle

Posted: 2005-04-21 19:26   
Well, since there is no flaming, I will say that it is acceptable. Doesn't really concern me because I will have access to the same ships. So, I think it is a good idea, and it should be implemented so those n00bs can't get larger ships.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-21 19:34   
Some further thoughts on this...
We have to consider how this will impact those who are new to the game or those who are unsubscribed.
Also does this new balance truely reflect the beta ships? Or is it based on the release profile?

If these changes are made then we will have to rethink the way newbie server works as it will be very restrictive. Players wont be happy if they only get to use the 5 ships per faction and it will severely impact the introductiry experience for new community members.
On the plus side there is more of a reward for ranks but it does however de-emphasis the requiremnt to achieve badges for certain ship classes.

Will the 'unsubscribed' status be changed to that you can gain ranks up to the server cap but then no more unless you pay? I think this might be a workable option.

As a preliminary model then the new list seems to work, but it will definately need a lot of fine tuning for it to fit in the with new beta dynamics. I can't see the new distribution as a workable candidate for release without some extensive testing and possibly remodelling.

I vote yes for inlcuding it in the stress test. But this will definately need a lot of careful examination by the players and community to see how it affects the end-user.

Goto the website of Drafell
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-04-21 19:41   
No. (Well, yes to most, no to some.)

Here goes:

ICC:

• Hvy Transport-2nd Lieutenant, Bronze Transport --Why not bump up the requirement to Silver Transport?
  • Engineer 2 : 2nd Lieutenant, Bronze Engineer--Engineer 3 : 1st Lieutenant, Bronze Engineer--Why are they only seperated by one rank? How about Silver engineer for Engie 3?
  • Missile Cruiser and Assault Cruiser (the backbone of the ICC fleets) both require Silver Combat, while being seperated by two ranks (2RA and VA). Make AC require Gold Combat.
  • Interdictor is a support ship, and a potent one. Make it require something.
  • Command Carrier doesnt have a drone slot anymore, does it? Does it need to require Gold Support?

UGTO
  • Not jst UGTO, actually, but all factions. The Assault Dessie, as an example, requires Silver Combat, which is 500 points. With the way armor is now, that will take awhile, turning off new users. Drop it down?
  • According to combat efficiency in Beta, switch requirements of EAD and Battle Dread. Sorry, thats what it looks like....

[ This Message was edited by: AdmBito on 2005-04-21 19:44 ]

Puppies gotta die, too.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-04-21 20:05   
Well to be all honest and such, i do like the ideas about everything on here. Except for the supply. At least give the lower ranking people the Lvl1 supply at Ensign or something so they can gain pres a little easier and get them a little more comfortable with being in bigger battles.

Email UnknownWarrior
JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 20:08   
Looks good but aren't stations supposed to be GA? Thats more thier place than FA.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-04-21 20:36   
on futher thinking about entry eng:

all fractions should have an enginer allready at Mids / entry lvl

think its important they learn building first of all things

its also the most way to earn prestige in the start

you could make it harder to get the next class of enginers lower spec for the first one

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 20:37   
Quote:

On 2005-04-21 18:23, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
possibility to drop the lower-req supply ship down a few ranks, to midshipman or ensign, it would give the lower rankers something to do that is easy and allows them to learn more.

Quote:

On 2005-04-21 19:34, Drafell wrote:
Some further thoughts on this...
We have to consider how this will impact those who are new to the game or those who are unsubscribed.

ditto to those points

im pretty biased here but i do feel the need to point out that A: not all midshipmen are noobs and subsequently B: some midshipmen do know how to build. as such id (still biased) like to see a midshipman-ranked engie, and wouldnt mind a supply down there as well

other than that (and some minor tweaks about badge requirements already mentioned),

signed, yes

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 21:59   
I would have to say unsubscribed players need an engi. Newbie server is mean to be for the unsubbed, but, the most important part of newbie is building. It just seems unsubbed have had options removed for the sake of players abusing it, at a cost to new players.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-21 23:01   
The harder you make the "learning curve" the hard it will be to get new players, I say keep the system you are using now.

[ This Message was edited by: VAdm.Sops on 2005-04-21 23:03 ]

WinterRose
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 02:23   
Yes. I agree.

I've honostly worked hard to get to Admiral. Ever since I got my first dread, I looked at the assault dreads with wonderment, I wanted them so darn bad.

I don't see myself easily getting Fleet Admiral any-time soon, and I think it's downright unfair to take it away from people. I don't play a WHOLE lot, nor do I tend to be a good enough player to use every tiny advantage to get all types of prestigue and make the next rank a trivial thing.

I don't know. I will be very very very upset if the dreads are moved up like that. It's simply telling me that being a admiral is nothing. Already all the players that have spent far more time, have gone through all the thick and thins, the easy ways to gain prestigue before they were taken out or made illegal, such and such.

Honostly, please rethink this, or drop the assault dreads down the line back to Admiral and give them a few more badges required. Like Gold Trannport or whatnot.

Email WinterRose
Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 02:50   
I lose all my access to dreads....But what the hey will be good to see less dreads, making them a bit more feared and more interesting. If I see a ship not too often makes it more interesting to fight...

And it also might make me get off my ass and actually play and gain prestige...

[Edit] I can't believe I forgot to actually say I support it......go for it, I love it.

[ This Message was edited by: Placebo on 2005-04-22 07:47 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-22 04:04   
I am but a Vice Admiral, and thus will lose access to a number of ships, but I fully support this.

yes, some dreads will not be available for me when I rank up, but I'm fine with that. I think its good for the game as a whole, and I'm willing to give up my personal benefit for that reason.

Email Shigernafy
Excalibur
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-04-22 07:17   
Yes - in a big way i think this would be a great change to the game. sure enough some people will disagree and be annoyed that they might loose access to some ships but you cant please everyone. I also think it will be nice to see alot more of the smaller ships wizzing around those fewer dreads that will be about

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-22 10:31   
Quote:

On 2005-04-22 02:23, WinterRose wrote:
Already all the players that have spent far more time, have gone through all the thick and thins, the easy ways to gain prestigue before they were taken out or made illegal, such and such.

Actualy before 1.481, prestige wasnt so easy to get. KC had 20000 bombing points, and that was considered UNTOUCHABLE by some of the most elite players in the game. Now its a common thing....

Where I would agree, if I didnt have FA, I'd be a little upset, but think about it the other way. Your gaining better ships, and it will give you time to learn the game, and by the time thats done, you'll have FA.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027002 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR