No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +17.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 2 things
 Author 2 things
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-21 16:41   
1) is anything going to be done so you can see what level of weapon you have compared to what level you are mounting. I don't mean right clicking or anything just some kind of at glance system.

2) Don't take the following as whining or anything but i've seen alot of people who won't come into beta because they feel the users are not being listened to when it comes to ideas. If they suggest ideas they are quickly shot down by "the EAD isn't powerful enough" group. Everyone knows who these people are.

I just wanted to bring this to the admins attention that a little more attention to the normal (non-devs) users would be welcome if you want to make the new release welcoming to everyone rather then just a select few people which it seems to the general public that is happening.

I'm sure I will get attacked on this post soon by that group.

[ This Message was edited by: NiTrOn on 2005-04-21 16:57 ]

NiteHawk
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 16:57   
'TEIPE' group eh? There has to be pros and cons to things. If one thing is suggested then people must fight over it. It's how things are balanced. You don't have to get all mean here, I'm not here to attack you. No one is, and us 'vets' choose to play beta, because newbies wont. Hate to say it.

Hell, buddy, I'm Kluth. But I do think the EAD needs to be changed. Heh

And I think thats a okay idea, like for example... PSI CANNON - LEVEL 0 when you just hover over it... Just like when its in a starport, so you can tell whats what.

Though the starport should revert it to level 0 I'd say, just a example on how it should look.

[ This Message was edited by: NiteHawk on 2005-04-21 17:04 ]

Email NiteHawk
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-04-21 18:03   
Actually the "Ead isnt powerful enough group" is basing a lot of the steam on the release game...

Beta moves into a whole different direction... Gideon did a full work up of the ships with the aid of the several of the other Devs. Some ships that were lowered in their abilities, some raised...

The system was based on a slot weight scale for balance.

Each device has pros and cons, energy beams dont require reloading... Projectiles deal greater damage as they level up, and have farther range, but as they strength goes up, the ammount of ammo comes down, the fire rate slows, and speed of round slows so you can dodge them at distance.

The game has been moved back to a play style where battles are drawn out.

There was another proposal as to realigning the ships that Demorian worked very hard on... But I am somewhat concerned about, I will post it here for feedback and might enable it for this weekend... But need to decide tonight...

Email Tael
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-04-21 19:12   
Well I just wanted to let you know some people don't think there voices are being heard and there is too much about the beta they don't understand.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-21 20:58   
Quote:

On 2005-04-21 18:03, Tael wrote:
Each device has pros and cons, energy beams dont require reloading...

by that you mean they dont require any ammo other than the ship's energy or a high rate of fire? or something else? because they still get drained by elf...

Projectiles deal greater damage as they level up, and have farther range,

although if the ship is not a station and moving, not much chance of hitting at 1500+

but as they strength goes up, the ammount of ammo comes down, the fire rate slows, and speed of round slows so you can dodge them at distance.

whoops. didnt know that. guess it mostly invalidates my second bit above

/just saying

and come to think of it... i dont recall having seen apollo in beta (tho admittidly 4 hours isnt that much, and can be easily overlooked)

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Page created in 0.012708 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR