No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » BETA:New ICC Carrier Cruiser!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author BETA:New ICC Carrier Cruiser!
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-21 13:57   
You put a few dozen mortars on the top deck and line the sides with 1" thick plating along with reactive armor & have afew 50 cals poking out the sides of that bus, the tank crew will be too confused to shoot it before the mortar rounds pumble them

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Lupino
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-27 09:50   
Quote:

On 2005-05-21 13:23, Banshee wrote:
Alien just made a valid argument.. no amount of technology could make a 1960 Double decker bus stand up to a Modern Main battle tank.

"RAM IT!" "His turrets traversing!!" *BOOM* Dead bus

Well, I suppose if you gave the bus some Reactive shielding it would last longer. Besides, that's what the Mon Calamari did in Star Wars (those fish-looking guys in RotJ with the big cruisers) and they did just fine

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-27 10:53   
Quote:

On 2005-05-21 09:25, Alien Mastermind wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-04-20 00:40, Mithrandir wrote:
My girlfriends keep telling me that, then they dump me.

LOL

Um... if you people say the ICC ships are just old uggies, then how do you expect them to compete in this war? This doesn't make any sense to me. How the hell are old civilian transport ships supposed to be able to fight new, specifically designed ships that are meant for war? This whole idea seems pretty ridiculous to me.

[ This Message was edited by: Alien Mastermind on 2005-05-21 09:32 ]

the trick is to only engage the enemy on your terms, not theirs. keep them at a disadvantage, and you stand a better chance at winning. i mean, the flying tigers were given old P40s to fight the A6Ms of the Japanese navy, and they did very well. then you had the old Guman F4F Wildcats, and they did well enough until they could get a hold of the F6Fs.

the fact is, it's not how new something is, it's how effective it is in it's given role. for example, to my knowledge they still haven't retired the F14s, because they'reexcellent interceptors, the Marines still fly the AH-1 Cobra because it's capable of doing things that the AH64 can't, and the F104 starfighter is still the best high altitude fighter ever made.

Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-27 11:45   
Quote:

On 2005-04-19 22:39, JackSwift wrote:
Something tells me Backslash needs to stop playing with Rubber Duckies...

lol, i agree

and to that I'll add.... next time you decide to screenie your ENTIRE desktop Jack.. plz be ever so kind to crop the important portion. I may not be on dial-up or running a low screen resolution but others are

And.. well been said before but yeah.. she's a heifer of a ship.

Wasn't aware of the "modified from discarded UGTO and civilian" ship design of the ICC fleet, but I like the plot to that. You could also say, with the current piloting skills of the ICC fleet, that they are exs cons and high school drop outs

errr... EDIT!! seems with the the reformation of DarkSpace's largest UGTO clan... ICC has been gaining ground in MV O.o

GO ICC!!!! w000000t!!!! show em GTN boys what you're made of

oh and ... + 1

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-05-27 17:10   
americans were still using world war 1 rifles when they invaded iwo jima i beleive. i beleive it should be noted that they won.

Vietnam would be another example. actually a very good one. bikes and old women brought in supplies better then the most modern helicoptors could.

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-27 20:46   
Quote:

On 2005-05-27 17:10, Lark Of Eternity {Absolut} wrote:
americans were still using world war 1 rifles when they invaded iwo jima i beleive. i beleive it should be noted that they won.

Vietnam would be another example. actually a very good one. bikes and old women brought in supplies better then the most modern helicoptors could.

the Marines had M1 Garands, M1 carbines, various models of flame throwers, and the Marine Aribourne boys might've still had their Johnson semiauto rifles(which were actually better than the Garand in several respects), and mabe a handful of Reising SMGs(although they were very tempermental and prone to jam)

however, the defenders of the Philipines held out for the better part of the war with pre-ww2 weaponry, i.e.- M1908 springfield rifles. infact, they also had a limited supply of ammunition, and actually reloaded the spent cases. in addition, i belive the planes they had were flown by airmen out of necessity as they had no qualified pilots who were officers.

-Viper-
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-05-28 09:45   
ICC really do like their..... odd looking ships

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-05-28 12:14   
I realy appreciate all the work put in..... but thats one ship I will NEVER fly...
Demorian is right... they might be older converted UGTO ship this thing is just HIDEOUS...

Also to quote another player
Quote:

I Dub Thee "Guppy"

I realy points out how this looks... it aint threatening at all

Please dont let this bugger be the final model i love carrier

- Axi

Captain_Savage
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-28 12:49   
Quote:

On 2005-05-28 12:14, Axianda *XO* wrote:
I realy appreciate all the work put in..... but thats one ship I will NEVER fly...
Demorian is right... they might be older converted UGTO ship this thing is just HIDEOUS...

Also to quote another player
Quote:

I Dub Thee "Guppy"

I realy points out how this looks... it aint threatening at all

Please dont let this bugger be the final model i love carrier

sure it's ugly, but...

PoolPlayerOne
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 15:22   
alright i confess im Ashrak and you guys need some serious help with that thing no seriously im COMPLETELY serious if you want good ship designs for free you should ask arround some modding communities they have a LOT of stuff that does not go into use which they would probobly share with you 1 of those is Hard light productions on 3dap (same place where darkspace connection is hosted) F should sign up and ask arround i for one know theres about 30 - 40 people who have nothing creative to do and im pretty shure they would make you ICC UGTO and kluth style ships all day long and pretty ones too

so if you want you can ban me for this advice but please god dont make ships like that ... they just kill braincells

$hadow
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 17:46   
Quote:

On 2005-04-19 22:34, Feralwulf wrote:
I Dub Thee "Guppy"

Lmao...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.018200 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR