No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » item notation
 Author item notation
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-04-17 13:24   

1. level data appended to ships - in the target info box youd have
    [*MYTH*]Doran
    UGTO - Engineer - L3

with L# being the average level of all componets and devices on the ship. stock ships would be mostly L0 or L1, with the posibility of a dread or two and the ga stations being L2 stock. as higher level parts are fitted the overall ship level would increase, so you might have a L5 anti sensor scout, or a L7 assault dreadnaught or a L8 engeineer.

would also be a staff bonus, as it allows for seeing if a player is SY exploiting by pulling out a lot of stock transports or keeps dieing and pulling out the same modded cruiser.

2. rpg-esque item info - requires a shuffling of the stuff in the target info box, but...

• Standard Chemical Laser 22.3gu (item name, distance from center of player) - drop the distance, replace it with the item's level. keeps the level number up where it can be seen, regardless of large chunks of item description text
      Standard Chemical Laser 4

• Lore/Item Description, drop it altogether, move it to the website, stick it in the manual. replace with item data (even if its just arbitrary values, like doing *guessing* 2,000hp damage is a 4)

Damage: 9-2 +2/+2

min-max damage by range (cannons and most other non-laser weapons would be fairly symmetrical, like 4-4 or 5-4) {as an option, minimum damage regardless of armor/shield-maximum damage vs ships with armor/shields at 0%}
      +hull damage assuming armor/shield at 0%
      +armor/shield damage (might even throw in a hidden modifier to maker armor/sheilds weaker the lower the % falls)

so a gauss gun might be something like 5-4 +6/+0, midrange base damage value, with bit of damage falloff at range, good modifier for damage vs. hull but isnt going to dent armor or shields, even at high upgrade levels.

Damage: 9-2 +2/+2
      Range: 150 (in gu)
      Mount: Fore, Left
      Class: Standard Mount
      HP: 100% (individual device hp)

• for drives instead of damage you'd have info for [+/-] acceleration, [+/-] speed and [+/-] energy generation, reactors would be just [+/-] energy generation. armor/shields would have display values beam damage, cannons (include torps), and missile (include sabots)

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2005-04-17 13:31 ]

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-04-17 14:47   
Me likey...great ideas, especially the second one part 3 or so where it has the dmg thng