- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +23.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » The Universe Today » » DarkSpace Academy Weekly News
 Author DarkSpace Academy Weekly News
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-07 18:23   
The DarkSpace Academy is glad to announce the opening of their new News Division. We have recently gained access to the jumpgate communications transponders and will endeavour to bring you weekly updates to the events and goings on in our unique and troubled universe.
If you would like to submit reports to be included, then please contact one of our reporters.

Goto the website of Drafell
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-07 18:25   
DarkSpace Academy News - 5th April

5th April :-
The GTN has reformed after a long break. UGTO forces commence a large mobilisation of troops and ships. The ICC rebellion must be supressed.
Some K'luth inteference has been encountered but no significant engagements.

6th April :-
Today has seen some intense combat in the Epsilon Ind system. After a long struggle, the UGTO forces have forced the ICC to withdraw. K'luth action here has been noticeable. They have gained control over several key locations. UGTO will need to deal with this threat before they can move on.
An ICC heavy strike forced mounted an assault on the K'luth owned Lhaaoste cluster. Sensing an opportunity to cause massive damage to both factions, the resident UGTO forces rapidly dispatched several of thier elite commanders and decimated both of the enemy fleets. Shortly after, ICC attempted to capture Boonie II in the 61 Cyg A system, but again the rapid responses by UGTO elite squadrons successfully held back this advance.
There have been some light skirmishes between K'luth and UGTO in the Tripwik system. After a bitterly contested battle the K'luth were eventually expelled.

7th April :-
K'luth seem to have been quietly gathering thier forces and are advancing in the Epsilon Ind system. Due to engagements elsewhere the UGTO forces are slow to respond.
The bruised and battered fleet of the ICC forces gather at their last remaining deep-space facility. With no planets left, the ICC are forced to strike out for Kapteyn's Star, long a stronghold for the Confederation.
Starting at the depleted planet of Thypho, and moving to Gyes, the Confederation faced little resistance in the capture of the entire star system. However, repeated attempts at pushing outside the borders of Kapteyn's have been so far repelled.
They have been busy constructing new shipyards and assembling more vessels in an attempt to regain thier lost territories.
UGTO are holding thier own in the Epsilon Ind system and have even managed to capture back some key locations. The K'luth advance is stuttering and is slowly being repelled.
ICC renew attacks on 61 Cyg A, successfully capturing Lesser Boonie for a short period before losing it again to the UGTO security forces. A weak point is located in the UGTO defenses and ICC make a grab for Areal in Tau Ceti. This gives them an opportunity to establish a second base of operations.

*Weather Watch Alert!*
Heavy solar flare activity throughout these regions is making navigation extremely hazardous. We expect continuous flares over the coming weeks. Please be careful when navigating near planets or other solar bodies.

8th April :-
With a great deal of effort, the ICC have managed to gain a precarious toehold back in thier homeland of CD 36. Many brave souls have sacrificed thier lives to make this possible.
The K'luth have finally succeeded in securing Epsilon Ind and are now pushing into CD 36. Extremely heavy fighting is expected from all quarters.
UGTO Command allege that ICC spies sabotaged thier communications network, thus preventing them from responding in time to these recent incidents. An internal investigation has been launched.
K'luth are pushed back out of CD-36 and a furious battle begins to take shape in Delta Pavonis We have received a report from the GUTO high command..

Interview with Fleet Admiral Rock of the Galactic Navy:-
Quote:

UGTO had a foothold, being the Yan cluster (Yan, Quillian, Laban); K'luth had all the rest. We were basically at a standoff, with single ships sometimes venturing out and getting seriously damaged or destroyed. At the height of our strengths we had 3 stations around Quillian. Bombing runs were made several times, all to no avail. Then the K'luth started a maneuever we call the Tranny Rush, with about 6 AdvancedCarriers during it's peak moments, covered by a Peircer. When Quillian (the depot planet) fell, we had to fall back to Yan, before noticing the Siphon on my tail (I was in a commanding one of our 'shrooms) and my hull integrity dropped to near 50% or so from it's attacks. Pretty heavy damage.
We manage to wormhole out just before two Hive Motherships arrived so the main fleet is pretty safe, but it looks like we are going to lose Yan. We left some people still there trying to defend. The gave us the advantage of making the Hives still visible and preventing them from cloaking on us. you gotta hate them K'luth.
So the hives were visible, close together, and approching Yan. My wormhole had recharged meanwhile, so I go, "What the heck, lets try to suck those those Hives over here!" (we were in the maurbon cluster ).
Surprisingly, the unpredictable end of my wormhole spawned just right and it pulled them through to our cluster . We (me and Fleet Adm. Jack, both commanding 'shrooms) did some damage to one of them, the other one got stuck in the wormhole event horizon and jumped right back. At that point Jack's wormhole was recharged so he tried wormholing it into the sun, a damned dangerous thing if ye ask me, but alas, it missed.
About then, the remaining Hive wormholed out of there, and we had to report to the Sector Chancellors office for debreifing so I can't tell you about any further events.

9th April :-

NCX Charger communicates to all the free presses of the quadrant:

The ICC, fleet, having sucessfully defended our foothold in CD for more than a day and a half were finally pushed from our home system by the Imperials. After several days of intense fighting spreading across the entire home system, including many successful campaigns against EAD Command squads, the ICC were finally knocked off our feet when a large detachment of drone EADs were dispatched to our location. After an initial successful boarding and capturing of the first wave of drone ships with little loss of life, a second wave was dispatched. Our captured Elite Dreadnaught wing engaged the enemy fleet but the AI drone's proved to be ineffective pilots, as many were taken out by proximity explosions resulting in a chain reaction of destroyed ships.

Still shots from NCX-Charger's navigation & sensor feeds.

After a series of crushing defeats, our forces now dwindling, ICC High Command decided it was prudent to save as many lives as possible, and all ICC forces were recalled through the K'Luth held Epsilon Ind system back to our stronghold of Kapteyn's Star. As of yet we have had little contact with the enemy since our life saving maneouver. We can only hope for the best in regards to the hostages on the homeworld under the heel of the Imperial boot.

This has been Vice Admiral Coeus Darksoul of the Assault Cruiser NCX-Charger to all of the free presses in the quadrant. Voice your mind!

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-04-22 13:45 ]

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-22 13:34   
April 13th 2005 - Report received from WinterRose at the ICC News Network

News from the ICC front:- A bold attempt against the K'luth has been made. In a show of anger to the alien incursions on Human owned territory, predominantly towards the UGTO, ICC forces began a short campaign to force the K'luth to temporarily divert their attention on Sol.

Consisting of several of the experimental Jump Cruisers (rare ships equipped with the technological marvel of a cruiser mounted WormHole device) and outfitted with some light weaponry along with three of the feared Proton Cruise Missles, a successful foray into K'luth space was made.

These Jump Cruisers, Captained by 1st Rear Admiral Bash (ESF), Admiral WinterRose (MoD), and Mousey (ESF) were aided by ICC Fleet Admiral Roger (S.W.) and Ants123 (ESF).

Using unprecedented tactics of quick strikes utilizing the ultaminiturized wormhole drive technology they successfully entered K'luth occupied space and laid waste to entire populations of the vicious aliens. We hope that this will be a warning to the K'luth to end their aggression, and leave Human occupied space.

Page created in 0.010833 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR