No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Who thinks some ingame footage would be cool?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Who thinks some ingame footage would be cool?
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-05-17 09:58   
ok... for the first battle scene. This battle will take place on Thursday between 8 and 10 pm my time which is Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5). Please try to be there I'd like to have the battle somwhere out in open space away from planets. Any ideas on a system would be greatly appreciated. Preferrably a system with good lighting so the screens are awesome looking Now, I will need all 3 factions cooperation on this. My idea is to have an UGTO and an ICC fleet meet head on and then the Kluth jump in and uncloak and start firing on both factions.

I don't want you all to kill each other... firing on each other is alright though because that is what this movie is all about.... the story behind DS and its PvP action. I will be filming this event so like I said before smile pretty for the camera I will be hopping around to all 3 factions during the battle to showcase the different ships. Also, I'm not trying to showcase the lag so please leave all the missiles and fighters at home LOL. Say, maybe limit the fighters/missile ships to one per fleet please? Remember please do not kill each other in this battle cause the next battle scene will be all out war with all 3 factions fighting one another and no limit on kills. But this one, if you get too damaged please jump out and get repaired

Also.... tonight and tomorrow I will be taking screenies of each factions fleet at their respected home planet. So please plan for this as well. Thanks If during all this we could pause normal MV activities that would be great During the battle since I know some people like to spoil other's fun.... I think it best if each faction leave 1 pilot in limbo so that if an enemy pilot does decide to try and bomb while the fight is in progress that pilot can protect against it. Well tell me what you all think Be back on later... right now it's time for me to go get some sleep hehe

Email Supertrooper
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-05-17 12:02   
Ok im guessing that by tonight you mean Tuesday May 17th,

I think getting your own server might be a good idea in the long run. On filming you might want to consider cutting down the area of the screen your going to use, getting rid of the chat logs. I forget what the command for turning off all the diamonds. Alt somthing..

Building a dedicated crew to help you out isnt a bad idea. a signup thread, and an Announcement thread in Diplomacy wouldnt be a bad way to cover all angles on this project.

I personally have thought about this alot, but my time and computer resources are limited. Trying to be a megalomaniac is a thankless line of work.

I like the whole RvB and think that a DS/RvB would be leaving some other comedy possibilitys out. AdultSwim's ATHF Mooninites ( Ignignot & Ur ) would be good. Campy StarTrek with a kirk like person. Futurama's not a bad place to dig for comedy. plus doing a parody of Star Trek wouldnt be a bad way to start off the first episode.

What is your target auidence going to be? One of the biggest reasons RvB is funny to me is that it reaches out and brings me in by showing me what I already know and puttting it in a funny way. Id say that if there is lag, film it and show it in a funny way, Tell the viewer that your experencing a Temporal distortion of Space and Time.. DS viewers are going to want to watch something that brings up the feelings they know and experence in this game, and leaving out the lag is a like seeing a 10$ bill on the ground and not picking it up bcus somebody wrote Dont touch on it. Show the Lag in a funny way when it happens. Spin Spin Spin not to mention a Monty Pithons aproach to Lag wouldnt be a bad idea.

DS is a great place to recreate alot of the Space Battles and STTNG weve always wanted to make fun of. but anyway If you need my help im in.

-Charz

Sweet Mary
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-17 12:50   
also... just a thought Supertrooper... but you may find that using the "observe" function and not actually entering the game may make it easier to film. as you can hop around the entire map from object to object. and like charz said, do it on your own map/server. this would be better, you can actually get location ad set up the scene, shout "CUT!" and tell them all how horrible they are at acting
Navigating the observe feature is a bit tricky, but it saves you from needing a ship and gets you every angle on every object. so you'd need multiple takes.

best thing would be to write a script and get your actors in place.

good luck

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-05-17 23:56   
maybe I'll try something different than I had planned. So instead of scripting it all out this movie will be shot with really no script. So that means I will be filming random battles in MV and stuff like that So here's a plee to the ICC out there... get in to the MV and get your names in this movie

Email Supertrooper
Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-05-18 01:28   
so what happend?

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-05-30 22:30   
ok been a bit since I gave any updates on this.... I have began work on part 1 of my darkspace movie. Part 1 is all about the ICC. It will feature battles with the UGTO whenever I find batles to film, bombing/capping runs on UGTO planets and hopefully a bit of a twist that I won't give away yet. You all will ave to wait till the movie comes out Parts 2 and 3 will follow.... basically each part is based on a particular faction. Part 2 will most likely be about the UGTO. And part 3 will be about the Kluth. Possibly a part 4 to come out whenever beta is released and the legion unleashed on the MV

Be very alert of your surroundings in the MV.... you never know when I'll be filming hehe Any and all pilots caught on film will be put in the credits of each movie. Any pilots that die in any of the battles filmed will be put in a special section dedicated especially to you all

Email Supertrooper
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-05-31 15:02   
Were the cameras rolling on that ECM attack? How could you forget Nim running into a bunch of mines each time and losing 3 modded dreds in a row .

Ow ya and it should be a training video about how NOT to use flux. Just jumping in and hitting the V key just doesn't seem to work too well .

Is the chat going to be in there as well? Then some of the jokes should be deleted or there should be a PG-13 rating, lol. Ever wonder what the faction says about you when you get pawned, well I guess you'll find out.

Disclaimer: All the above remarks are made for fun and no litigation should be pursued for slander, .

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-31 16:27   
No text, just voice I hope

I offer up the trained talent I've got for a crazy AC pilot

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-05-31 18:23   
sorry guys... this project has been cancelled due to me quitting the game. Thank your friendly neighborhood fluxer when you see them!!!!!

Email Supertrooper
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-31 18:24   
If you'll let me I'd like to continue it. Leme know. onesoul@dragonsbreath.tv

Sorry to see you go, I'd try to talk you out of it but I learned my lesson long ago. Godspeed

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-05-31 20:37   
He'll be back, they always are.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-05-31 22:04   
Yeah but I dun wanna wait, if hes already started filming & has a script... I wannt use it!

Custom
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 01:32   
Quote:

On 2005-05-31 20:37, Kratos wrote:
He'll be back, they always are.

It will be awhile.. he was pretty heated

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-06-01 04:33   
Supertrooper (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

o/

I win!

PoolPlayerOne
Cadet

Posted: 2005-06-01 04:45   
pwned hehe

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023301 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR