No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lag Deaths
 Author Lag Deaths
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-22 11:14   
OK, I know we are supposed to just accept or even embrace lag. It is what bids us all together, feel the lag flowing through you, use the Lag Luke, etc........

But man, in two weeks I have suffered an inordiante number of lag deaths. Usually in the form of jammed rudder control preventing me from turning at a crucial moment. My favorite is when you pass through the planet you are bombing, and think "OK maybe the turn registered but my graphics displayed me going through the planet. After all, it was 10 seconds ago that I should have died from the collision and I am still here, sweet." Then "BOOM!!".

Another less but still annoying lag event is right when you are about to make the crippling alpha strike and lag froze controls force you to stear off target!!! God that is irritating.

No point to this post other than to vent. In all my time in DS I have been gracious enough not to EVER complain, but I am just irritated. Perhaps I have complained and lag has prevented it from showing up until now.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-22 14:40   
Quote:
Another less but still annoying lag event is right when you are about to make the crippling alpha strike and lag froze controls force you to stear off target!!! God that is irritating.

That annoys me more then anything else, I'll jump a destroyer (perfectly, I might add), hit Space, and... and... fire five seconds later. But up to this point I've only had... four or five deaths by lagging into planets.

Email Tbone
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-03-22 15:09   
Oh yeah? Look at MY planet collsions!!!

Sadly, only about 25 are due to lag.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-22 16:38   
I've had one lag death, 45 white line planet deaths, 10 noob planet deaths...and the rest are me driving into a planet for fun or shift-jing to deny another person a kill (which I don't do anymore)...as you can see lag rarely effects me when it comes to planets, what really annoys me is that lag where you're just about to finish the enemy when you freeze up...and by the time you unfreeze he's long since shift-j'd away...