No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » SCRAPPING DURING INVASION
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author SCRAPPING DURING INVASION
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-25 19:02   
Cobbing has a rule because its an exploit and has been corrected in beta. So a code fix has been made for it, until the patch there is a rule. Period.

Scrapping is two fold, if you are logging onto an opposing faction to scrap so you or your friends can capture those planets, that falls under sabotauge/griefing and thus is covered under the rules and punishable. If you are about to loose a planet with key tactical facilities to the enemy and know you can not save it, then its tactically viable and legal to scrap the structures to deny their use by the enemy before they capture the planet. Many retreating armys will destroy facilities and equipment to keep them from falling into enemy hands.

These are the rules, they are enforced as such and we won't debate them anymore.

Email Tael
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-25 19:33   
Quote:

On 2005-02-25 19:02, Tael wrote:
These are the rules, they are enforced as such and we won't debate them anymore.

so why isn't this thread locked yet?....

Antoni
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-25 20:27   
There is more politics here than the United Nations.

It takes NO skill to torch, but it takes skill to keep or take it back.

Steamrunner
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-25 20:48   
I think insults should be done in the MV, via ship to ship or other similar means, not as much in here where it will escalate into BS.

I don't know what COBing is, and probably don't do it myself. As for scrapping, I do adopt the scorched earth method. I will do it when the other faction has a huge upper hand and doesn't let me establish myself and comes to take the planet I just started building (only happened in newbie server once). However, in an attempt to be fair, I scrap targets of only military importance if in the MV and about to lose a planet, like the SY (would be an idiot not to) Def bases, Fighter bases, Research, Depots, Shield, and maybe sensor bases or factories (shouldn't leave them on the front line permanenetly) and a few of the Generators if a high tech level so the planet will be easier to retake if I am in a position to do so and have no Bio bomb mods. To make it fairer, I do it only if I am personally defending the planet, in close proximity, or am already making my way to it to aid in its defense. I do not remotely scrap in a battle situation, as that is unsportsmanlike.

Why am I posting this here? To give those who aren't sure what might be a good middle ground to take ethically & practically some advice, and firmly declare as a proud ICC underdog player that I try to be as fair as possible.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-25 20:48   
Yes, lets introduce even MORE rules that are subjective and require a constant mod presence at any point of play. Great idea.

Besides the fact that CoB is caused due to a game bug and scrapping is an intended feature, the ability to scrap your planets is a viable tactic. You lose prestige for doing it, but you lessen the strategic value of the planet the enemy is about to gain. This slows their attack, and makes their gains less worthwile. It will also often divert one of their players into an engineer in order to correct the problem - providing you one fewer enemy to deal with.
Seems like a strategic issue to me - you just don't like the enemy's strategy.

---------------------------

I got half way down the first page and pretty much decided to lock this post, but I really don't like overregulation of theoretically mature people. Thus, I'll leave it up at least for a while; please don't devolve into flames.

Email Shigernafy
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-25 20:52   
Quote:

theoretically mature people

ERROR ERROR ERROR!

STATEMENT = FALSE

Goto the website of Novacat
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-25 21:00   

boy am i gonna get alotta milage out of my BIG BEBE

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2005-02-25 21:05 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-25 21:50   
"Theoretically" being the operative word here...

And it's bebe grande, Az.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-02-25 21:55 ]

Email Bobamelius
Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-25 22:50   
I just wanted to say HI!

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-02-26 05:22   
I found myself nearly alone (couple noobs with me) in a system under Kluth attack by numerous players.

I got in my light modded trani (you guys have seen it more than once and did a good job holding them off (dropping inf like a madman) but soon realized that I was losing the inf transfer battle.

As much as I hated doing it I saw no alternative but to scrape as many planets as I could and try to protect our last SY (hoping that more Icc would come).

I also hate to say that it worked well. The Kluth got slowed down (no close depots or inf from racks) enough so that when they tried to take the SY more defenders showed up.

Also when we counter attacked the planets the Kluth took were easily taken back (since they had been recently rebuilt, partially).

But I do believe in Honor and try to live by that. Overall I think that not scrapping pays off more for the individual player long term.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-02-26 05:48   
lets face it

Kluth have no houner

They hide behind that bush and jump out to just eat your young ones

and then hide again.

the faction is an alien race not ruled by human standards

AND IT WAS MADE THAT WAY

it should be diffrent to play and should use diffrent tactics than playing ugto or icc.

as for 'Scorched Earth' well chessy or not it works under some circumstances .

thats why allways bring an build with your surplys when you invade deep inside kluth home systems.

btw. anyone not taking down important buildings,
that take time to rebuild for an invading force, from an planet just about to be taken, with no chance saving, make a big mistake.

and if fast enugh if you remove that dictor you might even make it out when it caps

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-02-26 07:20   
btw some notet that they where '"watching" my build count

that will not do you much good

and will not show how much i scrap on invaded planets becaus

i do a lot of rebuilding and what i call crash building

and i dont sit around planets i rebuild (fix) to recive my rebuoild point when i mabye have 5- 10 on the list that need a fix.

i need to do that for the following reasons

planets that is bad build needs redesign.

planets not finnished with the recharch no def and clearly easy target for any enemy seeing it.

planets that have been resently caped but not ajustet to kluth build scheam (no 10 x sensors no 15 depots etc...)

lower tech lvl for some sy rebuilding for, barracks depots defence, in systems with multiple shipyards, to serve as back up login sy.

this lowers my build count with about 30 - 50 for each day i play

+

ofcause i do the scraping

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-27 03:36   
Quote:

On 2005-02-25 18:58, Armand wrote:
truth is in real life the planets would be scraped if they could be so they couldnt be used against you, sorry but if you dont think so your not the rite person to lead in a war
not saying I like it......

Yep, Armand said it best. If I was a REAL fleet admiral in RL, i would order some bio weapon to be used to make a planet uninhabitable say it were about to be captured by the enemy. It's been done since the dawn of time and will continue to be done. When the Romans captured Carthage, and then had to leave, they sowed salt into the soil so nothing would grow there for 20 years. Mean bastards, weren't they? Actually no, quite clever.

I've done it at least 100 times, back when i was playing nights and was playing 10 k'luth to me and MAYBE 1 other player. If i didn't slow em down with that tactic, they would sweet through an entire system within an hour or 2. So you'll never see me telling anyone it's the wrong thing to do. If it were against the RoC, that would be another issue. But it's not, so whether frowned upon or not, it's gonna happen.

Nub Out

[ This Message was edited by: -=~NubMarine~=- on 2005-02-27 03:37 ]

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-27 05:09   
why even go as far as saying "when kluth is involved"?
as far as i see it..every damn faction does it

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Finality@HGX
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-27 14:05   
my name is dumbo

Email Finality@HGX   Goto the website of Finality@HGX
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.040313 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR