No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » SCRAPPING DURING INVASION
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author SCRAPPING DURING INVASION
Antoni
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-25 17:00   
why is there a rule on COBBING???

why is there not a rule in SCRAPPING during invasion?

Why do admins selectively choose their cause?

which one of these points is an immoral act?

Be warned ALL PLANETS when KLUTH are involved will be SCRAPPED since there is no RULE, seems to me rules can only be verbal and not programable

Cheers...

p.s. big deal if i lose building points.. i lost enough points here for *cough* cobbing to not give a damn anymore......

flamers need not apply...

and maybe i should also ask only constructive responses

sorry I cant do any scrapping its just really bad sportsmanship

[small][ This Message was edited by: Antoni on 2005-02-25 17:20 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Antoni on 2005-02-25 18:27 ]

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-25 17:17   
Ok you flap your arms and scrap all you want. We tend to mirv the planets anyways to get rid of the human infection.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-25 17:39   
I have to agree on this one, it just defies the just and fair play of DS even more.

As of late, ive noticed something about capping Kluth planets : If you bomb their inf, and have landed your troops and are about to cap chances are, each and every last building will be scrapped before its capped. I can recount over 2 dozen planets in which have been scrapped whenever your about to capture them.

Moreover, I noticed these scrappings occur most often when Ragglock happens to be in the vicinity, or even ingame. As I monitor his profile from time to time, I see his building plummet, and only lose like 30 pres from a planet. Which, on Kluth, is nothing. When hes not apparently there, captureing planets goes about its normal business..well..most of the time .

I ought to point this out more, and I cant seem to reinforce it enough:

Kluth, are in essence, the cheap faction. Period. I cant rack up the number of things the Kluth have resorted to since 1.480, and even before then. You all remember them...remember CL2ks? The ECM Fortings? The Barracks rotation (though we all did this at some point...)

Heh, now, ELF boats, Flux boats...the Adv. Carrier rushing....heck, I often see SY abuse on the Kluth than I see on UGTO and ICC combined. And they get away with it. Im not going to flame, im point it out.

And now, I shall say, they have gone to the next extreme of scrapping the few planet we can actually capture when playing. This, IMO, has gone beyond the limits of what is right in DS, and it should not be tolerated. But it is, because theres no RoC rule for it, all there is, is a nice lame thing...

Quote:

3.1.10 Cheating, Metagaming, and Other Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Using "shortcuts" and game "quirks" to gain unfair advantage is frowned upon.

While not technically against the rules, such actions nevertheless are unsportsmanlike and unfair to other participants who are playing fair and not using them. Generally, repeated and blatant offenders may draw warnings (as well as more severe actions) [/i[ from game officials. Examples of such behavior: disconnecting from the game to avoid battle or other loss of prestige; mounting an offensive on the area surrounding the enemy spawn point in Scenario Game Instances ("gate-camping").

Of course its [i]not against the RoC, so of course, it can be done!

And we all wonder why Kluth has more players than other faction (Kluth can try and challenge this; I know for a fact, that more than 70% of the playerbase resides in Kluth, and there is at least 10-15 people of that base on at any given time, as opposed to ICC and UGTO usual 5-8 people.)

This is because they have the advantage, not merely because they have ships, but because they are piloted by the cheapest, most griefing people on the face of the Earth. Granted, few Kluth players actually play on the level of fairness that is expected of DS. (Examples : Rock, Tops) But most often, thats not enough to stop the lameness.

Kluth, you can also say you dont have powerful ships..heh. Well, fine say it. You know its a load of bull, and you try to illusion it with the pretence that "our cloak suks" and "it takes too much nrgy."..which in fact, is not true.

In fact, I played KLuth for a short snippet perhaps a month ago, to see what its like, and I was appalled by the shear power of the Claw itself. I was able to take down multiple dreads with ease. Energy is never a problem, with 2-3 ELF, Energy is always in the 30s. Try to challenge it if you will, this is first hand experiance.

Underpowered you say? Often enough, you guys DONT use AM torpedoes, instead F Torps, and more often, you perfer to use ELF and Flux cannons rather than Disruptors, not only more of an advantage, but less energy as well!

Another point : What good is cloak going to be during an all out fleet war? If you expect it to keep you hidden while your unloading alpha after alpha, well, that defies the purpose of the game more. As an additional note, with 2 ECMs in the area, I could fire a few torps at a time and manage to stay cloaked while doing quite a bit of dmg. Another supposed weakness that has been rooted out.

KLuth, are uber. They have been the past what, going onj 2 YEARS, they have had some sort of advantage over other factions, in fact, I feel it has been this way ever since the Kluth were given Armor, which was likely the biggest mistake ever made to that faction.

Is this a rant? Hell yes, I dont particularly enjoy the cheapness that other players inflict on others, and how they continue to find new ways of cheapness even when they already have a considerable advantage, and I say, Shame on those who monopolize and promote the advantages the Kluth already have. Only someone who truely was a coward would not accept responsibilty for actions such as this, and I say, shame on them as well.

If your going to be wrong, and cheap, then at least have the decency to admit these allegations, rather than lie, right in the open after we watch you do it.

I know what im going to hear here too, "Its just a game dude." and "Live with it." along with things like "*I* dont do this, so why are you blaming me?" as well as people who I know who do this and lie about it. I also expect to see tall tale things such as "We play the game however we can to win" which I happen to see most times.

In summary, I have in fact proven that Kluth are cheap, and actively try to find new ways of cheapness. Not only I have witness to these things, but many MANY other people as well. This is why I say:

Thank god when 1.483 comes out, and Kluth will be restored to what they SHOULD be.

-Ent

IronDuke
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-25 17:41   

Easy solution.

MIRV all the kluth planets to the floor. Kluth are not entitled to human rights.

Dane
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-25 17:50   
I agree, I do see more scrapping of planets when capping from Kluth more than anyone else. Don't think it's Kluth as a whole though, it's one or two players doing it all pretty much.

[ This Message was edited by: Dane on 2005-02-25 17:53 ]

Scythe
Commander

Posted: 2005-02-25 17:59   
The reason why there is a rule against CoB'ing and not against scrapping is simple.

When scrapping you lose prestige for each and every building you scrap. For example, if someone scraps 32 buildings they will lose 32 construction prestige in the current system. However, in the beta system it will cost much much more to scrap 32 buildings depending on the level of the building.

When CoB'ing there is no way to lose prestige you are only able to gain it.

This is why there is a rule against CoB'ing and not against scrapping planets. Also keep in mind that 'Scorched Earth' is a valid military tactic designed to slow down the enemy's advance into your territory as they have to stop and rebuild before they can continue.

-Scythe

Darkspace Developer

Commander - Line Station Excalibur

Captain - Assault Dreadnaught Australis

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:18   
You kiddies want some cheese with your whine?

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:21   
Valid military tactic, yes. I don't complain about it too much, but it is annoying as heck.

Email Bobamelius
IronDuke
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:40   
Quote:

On 2005-02-25 18:18, Capt. Apollo wrote:
whine?

A classic predicable response from griefer/exploitor.

When will palestar realise that it is fools like this driving away the player base?

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:45   
The same time they realize whiney people like yourself makes players leave too.

Antoni
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:47   
Scythe
I dont think u really understand the "essence" the question

""""Which one of these points is an immoral act?""""""

Btw u forgot "Admins selectively choose their cause" question.

'Scorched Earth' is a valid military tactic

It maybe a tactic but not a very bright one.
I think it was Ronald Reagon US president who wanted to build a
neutron bomb. which apparently only vapourizes people and leave the building intact.

Reaganomicks :kill now save later....

Antoni
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:50   
Scythe
I dont think u really understand the "essence" of the question

""""Which one of these points is an immoral act?""""""

Btw u forgot "Admins selectively choose their cause" question.

'Scorched Earth' is a valid military tactic

It maybe a tactic but not a very bright one.
I think it was Ronald Reagon US president who wanted to build a
neutron bomb. which apparently only vapourizes people and leave the building intact.

Reaganomicks :kill now save later....

I shut down the planets...
slow them down

IronDuke
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:51   
Quote:

On 2005-02-25 18:45, Capt. Apollo wrote:
The same time they realize whiney people like yourself makes players leave too.

Is that the best put down you can manage?

Well I guess it would be to much to expect some orginality from somebody who take his handle from a TV character.

Icefox
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:56   
I'd also like to note that CoBing is something that the devs did not intend to be possible. Scrapping is something that they DID intend to be possible.

I tend to agree that K'Luth are overpowered. However, since I haven't been around much of late, I cannot agree or disagree with claims that the K'Luth tend to be "cheap." I would, however, caution your generalization of an entire group of people. I suspect any problem with unsportsmanly behavior resides in the rather lame grip of a few individuals. A few bad apples does tend to spoil the bunch.

What I am personally tired of is people using unsportsmanly behavior and tactics as an excuse to carry out more of the same themselves. Two wrongs do not make a right, and it would be nice if people learned that.

I think someone made an excellent point about "scorched earth." Hell, I rather like the idea. However, the penalty for scrapping needs to be far more painful. From the sounds of it, in Beta, it is.

And would you two please silence yourselves? The only thing driving a playerbase away from this game is the fact that the game itself is in need of improvement. Lets help Beta be one hell of a nice release, and get it out soon.

[ This Message was edited by: Icefox on 2005-02-25 18:59 ]

Armand
Chief Marshal
Synchronicity

Posted: 2005-02-25 18:58   
truth is in real life the planets would be scraped if they could be so they couldnt be used against you, sorry but if you dont think so your not the rite person to lead in a war
not saying I like it......

Email Armand
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024123 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR