No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +12.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » whats the point
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author whats the point
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-02-22 14:00   
sy spamming dont start that here its not about how you switch ships or spawn them, keep on the subject of faction switching.

as for the numbers 30 to 2 well based on the number of online players - number of kluth and since i have a hard time to tell icc players from ugto i can mess that part up sorry bout that

and this is not about losing frankly i dont see any defeat as an loss just a minor set back in grander scheame we just find another way or tactic to gain an advantag ajust .

i just want there to be an limmit on how much players can change faction in one day thats all.

and since its not done automatic, like it can be done on senario servers it should be in a form of rules on it.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-22 14:07   
I've never, ever seen 30 vs. 2. Ever.

And if it were so, the people I switched with and myself likely would go to the losing side, regardless of who it were. Don't bring up this crap about "poor K'luth, they faction hop to outnumber us." That's very childish on your part. Your bunker mentality will just make you paranoid. We were just having fun, and in fact were K'luth earlier, when it was 5-7 K'luth vs. 2 UGTO.

Annnnd...if you wish to start having things evened out on player base, look at what you are evening. Maybe on pure numbers, K'luth don't have as many players as the other two factions combined. Duh. This is as it should be, in a perfect world. However, if you count the ranks, prestige, and average number of players online at a time, K'luth might come close to rivaling the others 2:1.

Stop complaining. The point is to win, and if you complain everytime you lose, then you need a game where there are no human players. I'm sure DarkSpace Single Player will be out in Two Weeks™.

Bito

[ This Message was edited by: AdmBito on 2005-02-22 14:16 ]

Puppies gotta die, too.

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-22 14:16   
i wonder howcome you so defencive on this subject

i dident say we should kill your dog and eat it for lunch

no reason to insult me are there

keep the discussion civel without personal attacks would be nice

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-22 14:18   
Quote:

On 2005-02-22 14:16, Ragglock wrote:
i wonder howcome you so defencive on this subject

i dident say we should kill your dog and eat it for lunch

no reason to insult me are there

keep the discussion civel without personal attacks would be nice

Sorry. (Like the response time?)

Puppies gotta die, too.

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-02-22 14:59   
I've had the opportunity to watch some of this so-called SY Abuse.
Just because somebody says it is, doesn't make it abuse. Respawning ships is the intended function of Shipyards.

You, as a player, are never obligated to allow another faction member to destroy your ship. The K'Luth I watched (closely) were rather good sports attempting to maintain their ship even with damage...can't tell you how many times Knight_Arthur jumped back to Re to repair...(and sometimes to impact the planet!) in a damaged ship instead of respawning.

Respawning a fresh ship once or twice is not abuse. A long term pattern might be...spawning an unmodified Hive (for example) letting it go to <30% then respawning a fresh Hive is worth a warning, at least. Don't be afraid to respawn sometimes -- the Mods enforcing the rules are human, willing to err on the side of caution, and most importantly...play the game under the same rules. Sometimes you just have to respawn.

What gets ugly sometimes are the accusations that spring up cross-faction (that's /y chat) - please keep it civil.

Nax

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-22 15:31   
[quote]
On 2005-02-22 14:07, AdmBito wrote:
I've never, ever seen 30 vs. 2. Ever.

And if it were so, the people I switched with and myself likely would go to the losing side, regardless of who it were. Don't bring up this crap about "poor K'luth, they faction hop to outnumber us." That's very childish on your part. Your bunker mentality will just make you paranoid. We were just having fun, and in fact were K'luth earlier, when it was 5-7 K'luth vs. 2 UGTO.

My issue is when it's is 3 vs 10 + (which when I was on last night it was), and players still feel the need to mass flux. I was in Ross maybe 20 mins yesterday, and got fluxxed non stop. So it became at least 2 vs 10+, because I got fed up and left.

[quote]
Annnnd...if you wish to start having things evened out on player base, look at what you are evening. Maybe on pure numbers, K'luth don't have as many players as the other two factions combined. Duh. This is as it should be, in a perfect world. However, if you count the ranks, prestige, and average number of players online at a time, K'luth might come close to rivaling the others 2:1.

Sorry, but from what I see on AVERAGE, if there are 30 people on, you get maybe 4-5 K'luth out of there. Sure we have times when there are alot on. But it is in VERY sparse spurts. Chances are, anyone fighting a K'luth tonight, probably fought that same K'luth yesterday, and probably won't see another name he don't see often. We have a BASE player base of maybe 10 people TOTAL> those people are on at least 2 hours. The others are all hit or miss.

Quote:

Stop complaining. The point is to win, and if you complain everytime you lose, then you need a game where there are no human players. I'm sure DarkSpace Single Player will be out in Two Weeks™.
[ This Message was edited by: AdmBito on 2005-02-22 14:16 ]

Sure the point is to win, but it's also to have fun. I don't pay my sub every month to have battles like last night's. Once again, getting loudmouth yells and personal tells, again with the flux en masse. I can deal with 10 vs 3. Hell, far as I'm concerned you are outnumbered. But when I don't even GET a volley off because 2 MD's come in and hit V, and on every move it's just flux here, flux there....it's redundant. Darkspace has become a pathetically single faceted game of system damage. If I get your systems better and fast, you die. If not I do. While I can see the purpose in real life combat, well this ain't real life and it just plain AIN"T worth payin' for. Now, if there WERE a DSSP, that would be fine. But when I'm also paying to have fun? Hmmmmmmmm.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2005-02-22 15:33 ]

[small][ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2005-02-22 15:35 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2005-02-22 15:36 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-22 15:34   
This is all about winning and losing. Ragg, if you are telling yourself different, you are deluding yourself.

Email Tbone
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-22 16:05   
Az, everything you are saying...It's like looking in a mirror.

*ICC has a base of the loyal players (Cassius, Antoni, mousey, etc...)

*ICC gets fluxed too. Except we dont have autorepair, so it doesnt take a flux MD to knock us out of the battle.

*And we hear the silly /y and /t as well, though not near as much.

So while this is about winning, losing, and everything else, it is, as you said, a game. Perhaps we all ought to focus more on fun, rather than stats. They're a bit of a waste of time.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Fatal Arkarian
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-22 16:22   
*watches the embers grow as a flame topic begins to light*

anywho, I personally disagree with faction swapping. I have always played icc, every since I got some weird email about this game thingy.....
allthough this is about winning and losing, dont neccessarily attach happiness to winning. I find its just as fun being on the outnumbered side. I've been in several situations where is was me, probably mousey, and maybe a 1 more, holding off 4 dreadnoughts. so?? when you kick their slimey asses it makes victory more sweet. and if you dont, the so what. there will be another day.
maybe seeing my faction hammered into the ground twice in two weeks has immunised me against the effects of moping. maybe not.. try it sometime.

that my ha'penny 'orth. have fun. dont get shot. too much. maybe.

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-22 16:47   
How can someone spam a SY. Spamming is unwanted email/messages etc...

You people labelled stuff spam too often around here.

You can't spam a SY.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-22 18:47   
Apollo... SY spamming is a term that (whoever posted it) used in reference to people jumping in and out of SYs constantly. You know; get damaged, run to SY, get out a fresh ship. Highly annoying, though not illegal except in extreme cases (taking out one stock Hive after another, for example)

As for the whole flux war thing, there is no point in pointing fingers back and forth. Whoever started it doesn't matter; one side starts using a lot of flux and the opposing side retaliates by mounting craploads of flux on their ships. Then when the original side suffers a bout of sportsmanship and starts using normally configured vessels, the second side is still flux-happy making the first guys mad again, and thus the cycle continues.

All in all I think flux boats (And ELF boats, and especially Flux and ELF boats) are a show of poor sportsmanship. Granted, I do mount Flux on my ships, my AD for example having 2. I think that's a good number, one or two fluxes can be used strategically to significantly hinder the enemy without being overkill (read: Flux MDs).

Mass fluxes are lame. Mass ELF beams are lame. Overuse of SYs is lame. Tranny rushes right after a server reset are lame. There's a lot of things in this game that can be considered lame or unsportsmanlike depending on your perspective, but people will still do all of these things, especially if they're at the disadvantage for the moment.

Players want to win, that's why these things keep happening. It's pretty much inevitable. The only real solution would be for Faustus to encode a hotfix that limits these items or in some other way solves these problems, but, obviously, Beta is the overriding factor and demands programming attention more than the current Release. Don't get me wrong, I personally think a hotfix would be nice, but I know the chances of it happening are remote in the extreme. If only Palestar had more money and personnel...

Anyway, just try and have fun with the game. If the game ceases to be fun, due to being sorely outnumbered or fluxed to death or whatever, just stop playing. Quit for a while, go play something else, be it for an hour, a day, a week or a month. Whatever cools your nerves and makes you once again realize that the only point of this game is to provide fun and entertainment.

Happy gaming.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2005-02-22 18:49 ]

Email Bobamelius
Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-23 02:57   
nice points

but this post turned out to be about everything else but what startet it

so what about that G.B reelection for us president

never mind

i will think about these things next time i have 3 ugto suppys all firing elf up myrear while i getting shoot at by other 6 ugto dreds

SAY NO TO FACTION SWITCHING

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-02-23 05:40   
Faction hopping: For some reason its easier for ICC or UGTO to switch, I think possibly due to many not likeing the bugs. I've gone over to UGTO in the past primarily because nobody is on ICC or nobody worth playing with (at least with a couple vets you can try and cap planets).

Noobs hopping: Players that go over to Kluth for just the prestige are so obvious and easy to pawn on; I don't see how they gain much by doing so. The veteran Kluth players I have respect for and its a challenge to go up against them; but the ones that just got their Dred drivers license are really easy to spot.

SY Abuse: The SY is doing the KLuth a lot of harm. The SY acts as a force multiplier and so as a faction tries to overcome the benifits of the SY, they must use more players to do so. Think about it, how can a fleet cope with unlimited undamaged ships? By having a lot of sup ships and enough firepower to send the SY abuse fleet scurring back.

I saw a single UGTO use a SY over and over the other night, but he died each time. That is not SY abuse, so just die and there will be no one arguing SY abuse.

Flux!: Ya I've got one sometimes. And its funny cause there are like these flux draws from the old west that go on. Who is gonna flux first and at what distance; how much damage before I unleash my flux?
I imagine myself as Clint Eastwood in a Spagetti Western, Waaa Waaa Waaa.
"Go ahead, make my day." Wooops different era.

I originaly put flux on as a defensive weapon. So that if someone got on my ass in my slow dred I could hit them with something to knock out their weapon systems.
Use of it now is primarily to try and prevent people from getting away, a poor man's version of the interdictor. Sometimes it works and I get a kill, most times they still get away (jump out).

About that joke:

"Blame that Enterprise person he jumps faction to faction more then people change there underwear. "

I'd only add (or mod). ..."faction more then people change there underwear. That have nervous bowls syndrome."

Raggs quote: "Kill dog and eat it for lunch."

That better not happen!

Wow this post is what happens when you have too much caffine.

$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-06 15:50   
These are known issues and are being addressed. No need to start a flame war. Although I must say that this thread has been very calm, it can only go downhill from here. G'Night

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.025180 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR