No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +10.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » whats the point
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author whats the point
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-02-20 22:15   
having those constant switching from ugto to icc , icc to ugto just to be sure you on the side with most players on.

fyi what gives prestige and fun is fighting not just role over 2 kluth with 10 dreds or cap 10 systems (only one get the cap point per planet or bomb points) and with that many ships around one planet there is not even enough damage given out for a poor supply to get 1/2 point.

you guys want to fight , stay on your fraction and don’t jump ship just because it gets hard.

and frankly just up an fleet of 15 pit against 1 - 5 don’t sound like a big challenging thing , ever stopped to think why there are so many high prestige on kluth , we fight and we do it all the time, we have to

i would like to give ugto or Icc a swing again, just have a problem with they are about to lose their identity with many playing both sides same time and day.

get on with it i want to do battle not just run around dropping troops done that around 3000 times now.

this is not a whine just some words for thought.

i enjoy the challenge in fighting against all odds.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-20 22:26   
Oh my...

The only reason there are so many is because when ICC need help half of UGTO quit and go ICC to help them and vice versa.

I havnt had a PROPER battle with ICC since 1.481. Ragg I cant believe you just said this with the state the game is in and with K'Luth being so unballanced, AND with K'Luth having a HIGH percentage of the playerbase. Saying ICC and UGTO have more players is just pure lying. You have the majority of the playerbase BECAUSE of the lame antics and EASE of which it is to gain prestige, just the other day I was talking to a player who quit a UGTO fleet to go K'Luth, when I asked what was going on, a fleet member of his had replied that he wanted easy bombing points and easy combat points. I see it ALL the time, the only reason people want to go K'Luth is because its EASY prestige gain. People dont want to work for their points (well some), its comon nature, and I dont blame the new players for going on a side thats EASILY better than the other two. Players ALWAYS want to win, no matter HOW they do it. Be it 8 flux, 5 elf, whatever, the ease of the kill is WHY people are joining kluth, not because we want to jump ship, the majority of people are just sick of losing.

The fact is its hard even at 1-5 odds. You have little understanding on things OUR side of the field, its all well saying that "K'Luth aint uber this" and "ICC/UGTO are just crap". When we challange you to swap, you say "Nah, im K'Luth for life me". This isnt souly aimed at you though Ragg, as you have said you would "like" to try out ICC/UGTO (whether thats a bunch of crap I have no idea). I urge you to try out ICC and UGTO though, see how things our from our side of the fence.

Its not all fun and games for most of us like it is for you, you know.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-02-20 22:31 ]

Dane
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-20 23:55   
I assume the fact three of us S.W were playing UGTO while you wrote this had something to do with it. Just an fyi, we switched cause nothing was going on with ICC at the time - and sometimes it can be fun to play a different faction. People go Kluth just as much (if not more), so it's not like you're really disadvantaged in that respect.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-20 23:59   
Yeah, we were just having some fun.

That's what the game is about, isn't it?

Something people seem to be forgetting. Although the scrapping and general lameness kinda takes some of the fun out of it, it WAS amusing watching the poor Uggie bombers crash into the planets they were bombing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Unintentionally.

Email Bobamelius
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-21 00:06   
The main reason I switched to Kluth was that it seemed no matter what action was happening in the MV, it involved someone vs Kluth. I like being outgunned and out numbered, makes thegame worth playing.

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-21 00:13   
backslash listen

i have been playing ugto icc and kluth longer than most of you have been just one faction.

i was ugto when the Kluth was even more "uber" that they are now.

i was icc for a coupple of times to.

i have been playing DS for allmost 5 years soon.

i can see the weakneses in all fractions, dont misunderstand.

what i dont understand is just the constant fraction switching when i play a faction i play it for longer time and only switch if i think the playerbase is fine to do, so as long as there are as few active kluyth there is now im not switching.

remeber most of the time even if as you say we are more than you , we fight both icc and ugto same time , dont that count into the calculations that if you have 10 players you and fight constant on 2 fronts you mabye have 2 -5 in all for each ongoing battel .

would gladly switch but as long as ugto/icc is allmost as one its not my style.

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-21 00:17   
I suppose as the ringleader of the operation to lead a mission behind enemy lines, I should take responsibilty for our actions. I have always been against people switching factions, and think that once you create a profile and pick a faction, you are stuck with it. But politics aside, I first decided to go to UGTO for a bit to see what they were up to.

It was fun. I forgot what flying the other ships was like. And those poor UGTO, they cried about losing Sol after losing three planets in Alpha Centauri. Later, I decided to play K'luth, which I also haven't done in quite some time (before many of the current K'luth were even having nightmares of pots of boiling water...), and again, it was pretty fun. Neither I, nor Dane was spying on anyone, nor sabotaging anything. I found out where certain mod planets and SYs were, but I would never use that against the K'luth when I returned to ICC. That seems somewhat dishonorable, and cheap as well.

Tonight, same situation. After repelling the K'luth from Ross, myself, and two fleetmates decided that instead of logging or flying around capping planets that had no defenders (which seems to be all the rage these days), we would go help out the Uggies. And they surely needed help, capping planets. So again, nothing too wild.

Just so we all understand, this thread has sprung out of two incidents. And also, the one who started it has done the same, except moved his entire fleet at once. Its not so bad, it happens. Sorry to cause a fuss

Puppies gotta die, too.

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-21 03:37   
well i can understand a fleet that need a change

and i respect players and fleets that change but not when its done on hourly basis based on who many you can group up with.

the problem here not much of a fight when 10 icc join 30 ugto to fight 7 kluth and that was have happend

for real kluth are not so uber that you have to outnumber them with so many.

its poor understanding of their own skill and what the ships on the diffrent factions can do and im not talking about who can mount the most flux waves here .

on an side note cant get much pres out of fighting so few with so many (if you can call planet capping that )

Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-21 11:07   
lets just say why this topic came to be.

Blame that Enterprise person he jumps faction to faction more then people change there underwear.

But he is pretty even in his whining to his teammates on whatever the faction of the day may be.

[ This Message was edited by: Capt. Apollo on 2005-02-21 11:23 ]

Virus
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2005-02-21 11:15   
Its only a game live with it or leave!

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-21 20:51   
pretty much constant now well untill a fix comes in here im out

first fight 2 vs 30 icc then fight 2 vs 30 ugto that was just icc 1 hr ago.l

think it was something like this made the forced fraction player/limmit on senario servers some years ago.

now it needs to be done on the mv im sorry to say.

sorta gona be 30 - 40 ds players bombing planets from one side to the other with no one to fight then start over from the other side.

subs out so im i

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-21 21:01   
If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

In other words, if you don't like losing, don't play a game where it will happen.

Email Tbone
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-21 21:11   
Ring that cow bell!

Dane
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-21 21:21   
Quote:

On 2005-02-21 20:51, Ragglock wrote:
pretty much constant now well untill a fix comes in here im out

first fight 2 vs 30 icc then fight 2 vs 30 ugto that was just icc 1 hr ago.l

think it was something like this made the forced fraction player/limmit on senario servers some years ago.

now it needs to be done on the mv im sorry to say.

sorta gona be 30 - 40 ds players bombing planets from one side to the other with no one to fight then start over from the other side.

subs out so im i

I'd really be interested in where you got those numbers. During the battle in Cyg it was about 10 ICC vs 4 Kluth, haven't seen 30 ppl on one faction in the mv in months and months.

Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-21 21:42   
we need that many players to counter the new kluth tactic, sy spamming.

kluth fleet orbiting sy planet we move in start shooting up your ships, poof your gone into sy, back with another 100% hull ship we shoot that one up,poof again your back in sy, out with another 100% hull ship we shoot that up, and once again your back in sy, this carrys on and on and on.

we try to bomb the planet one of you sacrafices himself to take out the bombs rest are jumping in and out of sy,

here is something in the RoC i think more players should look at and play towards:

All Players should adhere to the Code of Sportsmanship.
As a game involving more than one Player, all Players should abide by this prime rule: Be honest and fair to one another at all times; win well and lose well; and always keep in mind that it IS just a game. Have fun and share it.

i think some players either have never read this section of the RoC or just plain forgot, it is just a game after all were here to have fun.

[ This Message was edited by: Cassius on 2005-02-21 21:46 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019415 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR