No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » modding
 Author modding
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-13 20:09   
I really hope that you guys are not really going to release the new weapon build times. Who wants to log onto a server and sit there for an hour and a half modding before they can go help their team fight? The times are way too long. How about cutting them in half?

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-13 20:31   
I think the point is bandit is for you to have the parts in you garage, or if you are low on parts is to set them up to build before you head into combat and when you get a chance you can go back and buy them.

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-13 21:03   
Yup these are the times, the trade off is upgrades are instant.

Also, ports wont shed unused items so quickly, threshhold numbers will be implemented.

If a particular planet runs out of CL Heavy's then you are out of luck until someone makes more.

You need to manage your modding planets and plan for your factions needs.

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-02-13 21:04 ]

Email Tael
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-14 00:34   
Quote:

On 2005-02-13 21:03, Tael wrote:
Yup these are the times, the trade off is upgrades are instant.

Also, ports wont shed unused items so quickly, threshhold numbers will be implemented.

If a particular planet runs out of CL Heavy's then you are out of luck until someone makes more.

You need to manage your modding planets and plan for your factions needs.

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-02-13 21:04 ]

erm...

Basicly, whats wrong with short buildtimes?

You are just placing an artifical speedbump on the players road to fun, trying to add somethibg like "part managing" where noone wants (or needs) it.

How i hate such useless "features".

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-14 00:39   
It ties into other things we have slotted for the future, and there are those that do want it. And its the way we are going...

Email Tael
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-14 00:48   
you mean there wil lbe EVENEN MORE time sinks?

DS is fun because of the "instant" action type of gameplay it had pre SY and still has to an extent.

Grabbig a ship, quickly mod in good stuff, go have FUN.

PLAYING the game (more or less destroying thigns) = Fun

WAITING for the game = no Fun.

If we wantet a time sink Game, we'd play Eve and suck Ore out of badly bumpmappd Rocks.

OF course there are people who like that stuff, there akso are ppl who likes whips and chains and darkrooms...

Time sinks = BIG NO! NO!

Keep em low, they never enhanced any gameplay i have seen.

[ This Message was edited by: Daimen -{Rear Guard}- on 2005-02-14 00:50 ]

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-14 03:00   
Hmmm, guess I better get another computer specifically so I can be logged in for hours waiting for mods......that way I can play "another" game while I wait.

Lrauka
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-14 12:04   
Was wondering if the way stock in the garage is handled will be changed.

At the moment, if i have 6 Am Torps in my garage, for example, they dont stack as 1 with (6) on it. They sit in there as 6 diffrent items. With having to keep my garage stocked well in the next version, I'll be able to fit in enough parts to mod 2 maybe 3 ships.

Should be enough, but if you factor in the various types of mods, (ecm frigs, eccm frigs, bombers, combats, engineers with reloads, etc) it severly limits the types of ships I can quickly prepare.

Could this be changed so if I have more then one of a type of weapon, it stacks up, like the port does?

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-14 14:48   
We could just get an increase in garage size, to say 9-10 ships?

Puppies gotta die, too.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-14 16:27   
Or you can just use stock ships, because
1. they shouldn't suck now
2. everyone else will be forced to do so as well, so you won't be horribly outgunned

Just because its different does not mean its bad.

Email Shigernafy
Bandit
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-14 21:57   
Shouldn't suck now??? let me see.... curently, (in beta) a ICC destroyer can destroy a UGTO DREAD... (By It's Self!) and only come out with HALF damage from the SUCK *** proton cannons on a combat dread! And as far as I have seen, We can't change them out with nothing...YET. AND.. sitting at a planet for 25 min just to mod 3 EMP Cannons to take the place of IT missiles dont really help that much

I know you guys are still in the process of changeing things but alot of the new weapons and mod build time limits really suck a big one.

Teal, I have nothing but respect for you, Richard and eveyone else that supports this game but I am going to say that these changes are a mistake (more so the build times). People will loose intrest in the game and either quit and/or go to EVE because it takes too long to mod a ship with better weapons. I for one will not sit and waste a whole afternoon or evening just to mod ships to put in my garage just to have them destroyed in one day of playing.... mod for a day....play for a day...ect. How boreing!
And we all know that when we need something from a locked planet, we can't get it because MOST of the time a person of rank is either in lobby AFK, not online or is too BUSY CHATTING to come unlock the planet!!! I have personaly seen it over and over again.

And what will the build times do for noob server.... it will be very hard to mod anything.

The whole thing spells Trouble.

It looks to me like you are trying to make DS more like EVE. If we wanted EVE, we would go play EVE.

[ This Message was edited by: Bandit on 2005-02-14 22:01 ]

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-14 23:57   
Quote:

On 2005-02-14 16:27, Shigernafy wrote:
Or you can just use stock ships, because
1. they shouldn't suck now
2. everyone else will be forced to do so as well, so you won't be horribly outgunned

Just because its different does not mean its bad.

1.) Since the ship changes are far from Final, i wont argue about that yet.

2.) i doubt that.

3.) Stock ships are no fun.

One should mention it: Eve suckz. (and i know, i played it for 4 Months)

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-15 00:25   
I think you forgot bandit that we will be able to level up the power and strength of standard weapons and armour in the shipyard and that factories will be for building non-standard items not more powerful ones(correct me if i am wrong Teal)
So if the ship you usually fly is pretty much standard then all you have to do is to pay to have it’s weapon’s and armour levelled up in the shipyard and the swap out the items you don’t use for the one you do then you are ready to go

E.G. I don’t like psi missiles and I replace them with psi cannons so in my case I would level up every thing other than the missiles and then I would replace the standard missiles with my previously levelled up cannons that I would have in my shipyard and I am ready to go.

[ This Message was edited by: ragAnok on 2005-02-15 00:27 ]

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-15 15:13   
Quote:

On 2005-02-14 14:48, AdmBito wrote:
We could just get an increase in garage size, to say 9-10 ships?

YES!!! Do it! do it! do it! I want 9 count em NINE!!!! slots in my Garage for ships! I always have and always will want 9 slots.

Also Lrauka's Idea about same items stacking in storage like in ports is great. especially if we are gonna have to start stockpileing in our storage.
Sometimes I go from Supply to bomber to combat and if I lose one or more.........

Adding to the time mods stay in port is good and long over due. I understand the reason for adding the decay but it is WAY too fast atm. We DO need to manage our mod planets but the way Port decay is set now it is impossible unless some body does nothing else while they are in the MV.

Page created in 0.017753 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR