No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Initial Thoughts on the New ICC Station
 Author Initial Thoughts on the New ICC Station
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-09 01:15   
First reaction: Why does it have those two fighters? What do those do against this new armor?

Looking at it, and the other ICC station, I'm thinking all of the weapons need to be full arc mounted. Why, you ask? Stations aren't able to turn to bring their weapons to bear, and with half/half mounts, and so few weapons (Will get to that in a second), you are out gunned by another ship.

Ion Cannon: Great weapon. Except, with six! reactors at 209.0 energy, sitting still, and firing them, they still drained me to 0 energy. Except, after firing them, I cannot see where they are headed, as their graphic is very dark. And lastly, apparently once removed, it cannot be reinstalled? (likely bug)

I had 4 railguns. Wow. Whatever will I do with those? Well, seeing as how I can only fire two at the person in front, and two behind, not much. Even after I ran through all of the possible things I could replace them with, I still giggled at them. 4 railguns...

Beam armament: 6 heavy chemical lasers. That is the number on the old, out of date ICC station. Not only that, but they were on full mounts. Old kluth hive could mount 8 CL2ks in the days of .480, and you knew you were in trouble if you got close. They helped when that noob in the mandible jumps under you and fires. If there are any of those Standard Chem Lasers, toss them for Heavies.

The pulse beams for me were unassignable to another key/weapon grouping. In fact, I could not right click on them or anything on the top row of beams/systems at all. Four pulse beams is good though.

What does the one PCM do? Fortunately, it fires straight out. The AR missile concept is good too. Unfortunately, they fire in as many different directions as Josefs afro, so its tough to have them arrive at the same time and not get shot down by Point Defense. The current UGTO station has its torps, and therefore its replacement missiles all fire in one tight group, and I believe the hive does as well. That would be ideal to A) getting them to hit, and B) if they dont hit, they all get shot down at the same time, and they wont be flying around cluttering up the sky.

Add one more engine.

Armor/shields are perfect.

Change the rank requirement to Grand Admiral.

Bito

Puppies gotta die, too.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-09 13:02   
layout issue, all 3 ion cannons fire in any direction, regardless of mounts
also unable to transfer shield energy too the full mount aux shield, not sure if that acutally supposed to be some sort of shield battery or what...

3 ion cannon salvo, 5 pfe drives and 6 reactor1500s, still drops energy to 0, takes longer to do it tho. 2 cannon salvo drops energy to around 130.

having reactive shields turned off has no noticeable effect on energy drain

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-09 16:00   
Reactors 500, 1000, and 1500 have all been cripled because they are leaving the game, the APG's replace them.

APG lvl 0 is about where the old Reactor 500 was
APG lvl 4 is about the Reactor 1000 was
APG lvl 8 is the replacement for Reactor 1500

Basicly:
lvl 0 - 3 are Light/Basic
lvl 4 - 7 are Medium
lvl 8-10 are Heavy/Large

It comes with basic reactors for a reason, gives incentive to upgrade them.

The Ship was suppose to be GA ranked, but there was a bug in the Resourcer where I couldnt assign that rank, thats being fixed shortly and then the ship will move up.

The 3 Ion Cannons are not firing properly right now, they are suppose to be arc limited, not full.

They are suppose to fire:
Left/Foreward
Right/Foreward
Aft/Left/Right

Thus you can always bring 2 cannons to bare at any arc, but not all three. I've updated the device code but will not update till next release.

Only 2 of its heavy cl's are full arc firing.

Its lost most of its point defense and is ment to hurt the enemy if they get close.

Trade off is power management, you need to watch it.

As you will notice with all the ships, if you are using the Noob fire key, ie, the space bar, you will run out of power quickly. You Should group your devices and use thought and tactics when fighting. Alpha Strikes (spacebar) are good if you are point blank once or twice or for a good first strike, but not smart for prolonged battle.

PCM is not an antiplanet weapon anymore, its antiship. Dont ask me, it was one of Gideons ideas... I fought against it, but its in...

The Station is also in heavy beta and will be getting tweaked several times more.

Fighters have not been updated yet, so yes their weapons are weak, for now...

Also, ASG's are special class devices, not armor/shield. So they can only create a fixed shield strength, but is not tied fully into the shield system.

That said, some special devices can be exchanged for it to allow for more shielding or more devices depending on your use. Power conservation is going to be a deciding factor either way.

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-02-09 16:03 ]

Email Tael
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-09 17:04   
Tael having said no noob key. Without the noob key, you do no damage to anyone. Unless your using the QST.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2005-02-09 18:24   
needless to say...with what I just read....wont be flying the flying coffin except to build....just like with current POJ station.Makes making GA not worth shooting for.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command *CO* on 2005-02-09 18:25 ][/small]

ok.....just tryed both stations...I'll stick with the current poj if stations stay pretty much as they are.no self defense so to speak..easy targets.At least the ICC ones.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Command *CO* on 2005-02-11 00:29 ]

Email Fatal Command (CO)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-09 19:03   
it had 3 EAD's firing at it and it was withstaining it PJ.....

coffin I think not.

New Name.
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-09 21:06   
It might not be a coffin, but you wont be killing much unless it is dumb enough to get right under you. Needs more medium range weapons. Not cannons though.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-09 21:36   
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE VERSION ISN'T IN FULL BETA YET!! QUIT JUMPING TO F(*@&#$(*&@#$*( CONCLUSIONS!

*ahem*

Jeez...

-Dem

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-10 20:32   
Quote:

On 2005-02-09 21:36, Demorian wrote:
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THE VERSION ISN'T IN FULL BETA YET!! QUIT JUMPING TO F(*@&#$(*&@#$*( CONCLUSIONS!

*ahem*

Jeez...

-Dem

No one jumped anywhere. An "initial" reaction would be my first thoughts. If there is no feedback, how will Tael know where to steer the process? i'm sure he could do it all by himself, but why open the server to the players? Constructive post though. Your caps lock is cute, and you've managed to look very dignified.

Puppies gotta die, too.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-10 21:08   

Thats why I dont get Dem mad.

ANYWAYS...

Stations arent fricken combat vessels, their for DEFENCE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. The day I see a station specifically build to ATTACK ships, then I will likely have a life.

*cough*nevergoingtohappen*cough*

-Ent

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-10 21:38   
If you want dignified, go back to all the posts I put up a few months back about how the version would take a while to implement and to reserve your most thoughtful feedback for a full test... the process isn't going to get "steered" anywhere until all the new features are implemented.

I was more yelling at Backy than I was at you, anyway. It just blows my mind how people can't wrap their minds around this concept... everyone just needs to not get so excited and wait for all of the new features to be implemented.

Then feedback can begin.

-Dem

Page created in 0.022844 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR