No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +17.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Everyone Read
 Author Everyone Read
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-08 21:42   
Please do not capture or bomb planets in the MV. It disrupts testing, if we or you dont have a shipyard, its just going to take longer isnt it, and if the otherside doesnt have any ships to test with, hows Tael going to know which ships have bugs?

secondly, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont attack engineers or extractors, on a low resource map, they may just be collecting things learning about beta, its something to do and its slow and easy whilst they watch. Its also important at the beginning of a map, if you shoot an engineer...well it just slows down the shipyard process.

thirdly, if someone ASKS you to "please not do something" dont do it. I had to ask people so many times today not to bomb planets or capture them, it just hinders the game.

I saw a UGTO planet (Rafaue) that had been caped to ICC, WHY? What bonus does it give you, you can just ASK for prestige in moderation...what good does it do to you? We already know that capping and bombing works. Its all about the defence and offence of the ships at current. Bombing and Capping doesnt come anywear close to those things.

Please respect the wishes of others, if someone ASKS you, please comply.

-Beta player

p.s. Read the Beta Guide, its like a Second RoC to beta.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-02-09 02:17   
I made a news post that should bring more attention to the plight of the beta tester..

Email Mithrandir
Norton
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-09 19:38   
Just read this now...

Explains why there were constantly like 10 ships jumping my bomber frig last night.

Since I don't see the bug log anymore, I noticed last night that if you are scanning when you launch your bombs and then subsequently turn off the scanner, the bombs self-destruct.

Not sure if that is by design or not. I always thought they were fire and forget.

This post should obviously go somewhere else, but not sure where.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-09 21:47   
In other words...dont be stupid let peeps test beta. If you are not here to test, leave.

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-10 01:21   
If you need a planet for the res it has, just ask and you will find that in most cases they will let you have it.. when they have enough to do their own testing.

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-12 11:37   
An update:

Engineers Attacking or Tractoring:

This is taken as aggretion, if you dont want to be attacked, then dont attack. Its a simple rule. In cease fire conditions, if you dont want to be attacked, do not attack in the first place.

Trying to tractor someone into a planet or just tractoring them is meant to stop them doing something or your trying to kill them with it.

A simple example:

Kluth Engineer.
ICC Station.

ICC station is around the kluth planet, the engineer is building the planet, the station is leaving the engineer alone, as should be. All of a sudden the engineer starts tractoring the station and trying to push him about, station takes this as aggretion, he fires.

I have seen people in engineers shooting people and saying "dont shoot back, im an engineer!". Its stupid, and it ruins beta. If your not here to help or play fair, then dont play atall. Tael, Faust or Shig can shoot this down if they want, but im not playing if Engineers can shoot and tractor me around and I cant shoot them or tractor them back.

-End rant.

Page created in 0.011179 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR