No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » ST: Enterprise CANCELLED
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author ST: Enterprise CANCELLED
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-17 14:31   
DS9 was the best Trek, they will never be able to compete with it's legacy. The character development in DS9 is unparalleled in Star Trek. I agree with Tael that it would be difficult for them to rectify some of the inconsistencies in the Trek universe. Ironicly, what draws most die-hard trekkies to the show is it's persistent story lines and such; making the inconsistencies even more of a sin.

My son and I finished watching DS9 on DVD a couple months ago. He had never really been into Star Trek and I got him to watch the whole series in order from episode one to the last episode. We are now collecting TNG and then Voyager. Ending the series of DS9, I remeber a sadness that came over me when the show's final episode aired. It is funny how something so trivial as a TV show can effecat a person. Like my son said when we finished DS9 on DVD, he felt as though some good friends had moved away once there were no more episodes to see.

I knew from the beginning that Enterprise would never captivate me like TOS, TNG, DS9 and eve Voyager had. I hated Voyager at first, made myself watch it week after week just because it was a Star Trek show. Finally it developed some story arcs that held my interest. I was just starting to like Enterprise, not in the freakish way I liked other ST shows, but just enough to pay attention to when it was coming on next. But it was doomed. Several of my geeky trekkie musician friends agree that Enterprise made too great an effort to "modernize" it's script and style, attempting to appeal to the WB generation. (I know it was on UPN, but stylisticly it is reminiscient of the drivel WB puts out for teens)

I would however love it if they made another Trek show. It's not like I own stock in Paramount so I could care less if they make a show and it fails, would be nice if they tried and made something decent. I would like to see a darker Star Trek, like perhaps a setting where the Borg had finally made a real power move on the Alpha Quadrant and an entire series could be set against a backdrop of a shattered Federation. Teammed up with the remnants of the Romulan Empire, the Klingons and Cardassians, our new cast could have all kinds of adventures in a post apocolyptic galaxy. Perahps seven years later they could even destroy the collective once and for all.

What would be cool about that is the Borg are a very successfull Csi-Fi villian. It could be seen by some as cheap, but the Borg would draw an audience. Not to mention the fun and suspense of seeing our heros at odds against a superior force. Some episodes of course could be completely Borg free, but we would know that they are out there still. Other episodes could delve into Borg history (some great possibilites there).

Who knows, we could perhaps find out that the Federation is responsible for creating the collective through some Temporal Mechanics experiment gone wrong in which an automated Federation Probe from the future ventures into the past, wanders to the Delta Quadrant, crashes on a planet full of Swedish Borg aliens, and presto the collective is born!!! Or perhaps Nomad was in some part responsible, or Veger. The possibilities for the writers to paint snakes biting their own tails are endless!!!!

Sneding this to Bergman now.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-03-17 14:37   
Well its no secret that many of the old cast were tired of Star Trek, namely Data and Picard, in fact they only agreed to do the last movie as long as it was "the last movie". The original script had Picard killed but when it leaked they changed it to Data.

Apparently in an interview last month Patrick Stewart again said it was time for Star Trek to end. And even responded to a fans letter stating:

"Dear Mr. Moore,

I am afraid that Star Trek ended for me ten years ago.
Although I know it still has a large following, I do share with the studio and the producers the feeling that the franchise has now run its course.

Signed-Patrick Stewart"

Also in the news announced yesterday, Viacom which owns Paramount and Startrek is splitting up as a company. UPN which has aired Startrek for the last 11 years is going to be moved to the CBS arm and new company. While the Paramount studio which made Star Trek is being moved to the new MTV company.

Ironicly UPN was established as an outlet for Paramount Television show productions. Hence the Universal Paramount Networks name.

UPN may be changing its call letters soon... And between the split, the on going Activision lawsuite (now 18 months old), and defection of many of the core actors in the Star Trek universe, it does indeed look like this horse is dead.

Email Tael
Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-17 22:03   
VIVA LA RESITANCE ON WITH STARTREK!

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-17 22:52   
Ahh well, theres always Stargate & now BSG

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
lightning[Voyager][ A ]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-18 07:16   
YEp, BSG rules....... And next show this saturday, Dont miss it

[ DARKSPACE STAFF ] Website & News Editor / DarkSpace.net [ FRANÇAIS ]

Email lightning[Voyager][ A ]   Goto the website of lightning[Voyager][ A ]
RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-03-18 15:57   
And the SAGA CONTINUES....

just not as a series on TV.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.010787 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR