No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » ST: Enterprise CANCELLED
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author ST: Enterprise CANCELLED
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-12 13:24   
TOS was the roxor...

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-03-12 13:34   
As stated before by me, the season long stories are what killed it. And Paramount knows it know and admits it.

TNG, Voyager, DS9 all had bigger over all stories and every episode or two they would throw hints at the over all plot but focus mainly on each episodes single story. They'd also throw in supporting tie backs in each otehrs shows to aid their plot lines along and none of them went against established history.

Enterprise threw out established history and tried to rewrite it which angered many of the long time and dedicated fans. One of the biggest holes was 1st contact with the Klingons. It wasnt on Earth and it was because of problems and misundertandings with the Klingon's that the Prime Directive was instituted. And the Orions were a crime syndicate of pirates, more like early TNG ferringi, and not a full fledge government and society.

A large part of the success of the other shows is regardless of the over all plot line, they have distinct episode start and conclussions making each a story in its own right. Thus can be rerun or watched in any order and are still just as good and make perfect sense. You can not do that with Enterprise. Even one episode out of order screws up that episodes story since it is in fact a stretched out mini series.

The Startrek fans are dedicated but they want a full story and definate conclussion at the end of their hour long episode. Enterprise is more like a soap opera now where a little something happens each day, but unless you keep watching you dont know whats going on. Sure they are trying to hook the audience to keep up ratings, but instead it back fired and now the show is getting canned. Except TOS, every other Startrek has had a successful 7 year run. They broke from what worked and Enterprise is cut short because of it.

And the 3mill they raised wont do anything, will barely get one episode. Each episode costs approximately 1.5 million dollars to produce in set and labour alone. Then you have to add in actors, film crew, and other Special FX and you can see that the 3 mill wont cut it...

Click here for full story

[ This Message was edited by: Tael on 2005-03-12 13:40 ]

Email Tael
DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-12 15:38   
I can see what you're saying Tael about each ep being self-contained. Though, having a large story-arc doesn't sound bad in theory...at least you won't run out of ideas in the middle of a season. Plus, like you said, it would hopefully get viewers hooked to watch every week...which is really a silly idea on Parmount's side because we Trek fans are gonna watch every week anyway.

Ya, the 3 mil isnt' going to get another season, but I guess they're trying to get the powers that be to take notice. Also should be interesting to see if Viacom & Paraount let SpikeTV take it over.

[ This Message was edited by: DangerBabe on 2005-03-12 15:41 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-03-12 16:41   
You guys are so mean, talking about me behind my back.

And I never knew there were 4 versions of me. Damn, all those clones must be irksome.

-Ent

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-03-12 17:02   
The only thing SpikeTV is good for is showing Trek reruns... I'd be scared to think about them actually producing a Trek show.

Email Bobamelius
DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-12 18:14   
Well at least they're actually interested in creating new Trek eps...which is more than Paramount is wanting to do.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-12 20:44   
Its all about the bottom line. Spike is already geared towards the trekkie audience, have more freedom with their timeslots, and have the ability to be a lot more liberal with what they expect of the show. For their sake though, I hope they don't try to compete with the most popular current sci-fi show around which also happens to be the 2nd longest running one

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-16 17:07   
I belaive ever Spike Tv Or Sci-fi channle is going to take over currently there are many people donatiteding money Such as billgates many and i mean many famous people where inspired to do certian like to become a astronought Such as bill gates was inspiered to make the compture or many Astronoughts where inspired to go into space because of Star-trek.Star trek has effected many peoples carriers sorry for my spelling but most of that 3mill came from Famous people who chose to be anymous i suspect there gona raise alot more money. Because Bill Gates is a major and i mean major fan of star-trek and the guy who is smart and stuff and is paralizyed from the neck down and such so i think startrek is going to go on if not it will be a major lost and many star trek fans are going to be pissed.

The Evil Lol

[ This Message was edited by: The Evil Lol on 2005-03-16 17:08 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2005-03-16 17:18   
ST: Enterprise won't come back. They can't put it on Sci Fi because that channel isn't owned by Viacom and Spike TV won't get it because it won't do well in the ratings. If a show does bad on network TV then it will do way worse on cable, so there is no chance for Enterprise coming back. They should just start working on a new Star Trek series or a the new movie. And Bill Gates hasn't donated any money to the save the Enterprise stuff so you don't know what you are talking about The Evil Lol. You also need to learn how to spell before you post stuff like that because it shows how much of a n00b you are.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-16 18:32   
Its doing awful in the ratings on UPN... you need to look at two things A) the other shows on the network & B) the competition it has on other networks.

They moved it into the friday night 8pm timeslot opposite SG1 - ratings took a nose dive because A) SG1 is a well established & extremely well written show and B) Friday Night Sci-Fi - lot of draw with the other shows. I think if they moved it opposite one of the "reality TV" shows like survivor it would do a hellofa lot better in the ratings - but doubt we'll ever find out.

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-16 18:50   
I was interested in Enterprise, till I realized that Enterprise pretty much threw canon Startrek out of the window.

Some people have already realized what Startrek is now. An old horse of a Universe with horrific inconsistancy problems. Simply enough, I think the best solution to this would be to let the Startrek universe die. It would be too much to fix all the problems associated with it.

Goto the website of Novacat
Dempster
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-03-16 19:10   
you all think far too much

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-03-17 01:10   
I won't be expecting anyone to pick it up at this point, even the stars are bad mouthing the Scripts...

Apparently Scott Bakula (Archer) is the only not saying anything negative. Jolene Blalock (T'Pau) has repeatidly slammed the show, the writers, and even Rick Bergman (main producer) publicly in the media as far back as 2003.

With that much dissention in the ranks, even if Sci-fi picked it up, it would be like what happened with Sliders when over half the cast quit the show and they quickly replaced them. Show died a season later...

Many of the cast cant wait to put this behind them and its highly doubtful they'd sign another contract... And since the current contracts tie them to Paramount, when Paramount plugs the plug after filming the last episode, they are no longer contractually obligated, thus new contracts would be needed.

And its unlikely that Paramount would give up any aspect of the Startrek universe. Its a cash cow to them and if they are going to let someone else run it, then they have to sell off the rights to that franchise. Activision just tried to sue Paramount for letting the Star Trek franchise wither due to poor management of the Enterprise show which in turn is hurting their ability to make games on the Star Trek universe. Thus they want out of their 10 year contract with Paramount without having to pay Paramount an early termination fee.

Email Tael
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-03-17 10:27   
Sounds like a fair exchange - doubt the courts will go for it.

lightning[Voyager][ A ]
Cadet

Posted: 2005-03-17 12:04   
Sad day for ST fans ( me ) , ITs finnaly conclued, there is no turning back
:( :( :(

Sadly, i would say to , that since it started, i just knew it wasnt going to work as good as the other 1....

NOt like the perfect 1, Voyager, THe best show after BSG, I JUST LOVE VOYGAER' ( thats why i named my command 310 dread voyager ), it was the suprem of his class, but sadly the new St entreprise didnt make it.

""" Crying """

[ This Message was edited by: lightning[Voyager][ VA ] on 2005-03-18 07:14 ]

[ DARKSPACE STAFF ] Website & News Editor / DarkSpace.net [ FRANÇAIS ]

Email lightning[Voyager][ A ]   Goto the website of lightning[Voyager][ A ]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027834 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR