Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » ST: Enterprise CANCELLED
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author ST: Enterprise CANCELLED
Puddle Jumper
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-04 08:34   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/9469.html

Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled!

After four seasons, Star Trek: Enterprise has reached the end of its mission ...
PRESS RELEASE

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005.

"Star Trek has been an important part of UPN's history, and Enterprise has carried on the tradition of its predecessors with great distinction," said Dawn Ostroff, President, Entertainment, UPN. "We'd like to thank Rick Berman, Brannon Braga and an incredibly talented cast for creating an engaging, new dimension to the Star Trek universe on UPN, and we look forward to working with them, and our partners at Paramount Network Television, on a send-off that salutes its contributions to The Network and satisfies its loyal viewers."

David Stapf, President of Paramount Network Television, said, "The creators, stars and crew of Star Trek: Enterprise ambitiously and proudly upheld the fine traditions of the Star Trek franchise. We are grateful for their contributions to the legacy of Trek and commend them on completing nearly 100 exciting, dramatic and visually stunning episodes. All of us at Paramount warmly bid goodbye to Enterprise, and we all look forward to a new chapter of this enduring franchise in the future."

A prequel to the original "Star Trek" series, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE premiered on UPN on Sept. 26, 2001, and aired for its first three seasons on Wednesdays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). On Oct. 8, 2004, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE moved into its current time on Fridays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). Through its four-year run, STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE produced a total of 98 episodes and earned four Emmy Awards.

.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-04 08:57   
I knew it would happen. I am a life liong Trekkie and though Enterprise was a good show at times, it just lacked something. I remeber watching DS9 the first season and thinking the show sucked, but I watched it every week because it was Star Trek anyway. But then, slowly, over the second and third seasons, things started shaping up, and by the fourth season there were really great things happening, and DS9 ended up becoming my favorite Trek series yet. Sisco and his crew were well developed and well defined characters. The bad guys rocked, a very important rule in sci-fi, cool bad guys = cool show. Gul Dukat and Weyoun, heros of mine. The Dominion War was to me some of the best Sci-Fi TV in history. I just dont really see that happening in Enterprise.

Even Voyager, which I really had to make myself watch at times, still somehow retained the feel. I think in Enterprise they were reaching a little and just took a little long to start developing things, and by the time they had, it was too late. Anyhow, I wish it would not cancel becasue any Trek is better than none.

[ This Message was edited by: .spaivxx. on 2005-02-04 09:00 ]

SevSaint
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2005-02-04 09:17   
I loved the Voyager series.
The ideal of being strung across the galaxy gave the writers an avenue to come up with some new stuff.
And they utilized the borg as their main story line.
7 of 9 was a great character.

DS9 i never realy liked. Not that much adventure on space station.
And enterprise had some great shows, but the series seemed to soapy sometimes. Just to much talking and not enough action.
It seems like a show does better when it is filled with a great story and great action.

RedDoggy(1)
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-02-04 10:17   
Wrong network, wrong network, wrong network.

UPN was the worst channel except for Enterprise. I believe they thought that they could use the show to bring in loyal watchers (which it did) but then they would stick around and watch other shows.

Well UPN tried to tie in other shows around the timeslot, except the dam channel is nothing but crap. It caters to young people and certain demographics (not that's wrong) but that is completely the opposite for most loyal trek watchers. Like I'm gonna watch some hip hop comdey gang banger stuff (yay).

The local channel here was soooooo bad. They would have local commercials and news, but they too sucked. Nothing like watching the same commercials that are cheap, over and over.

Even the news breakins were like some two bit newscaster in front of a fake greenscreen (haha).

It got so bad that they could not even have a show following Star Trek, they would air an infomercial!!! A dam info comercial after Star Trek, WTF!

UPN probably decided that they could not afford the $ for just one show (cheap $^%$&^%), since it did nothing for their crappy netwrok.

Kuddos to the development team and writers (nothing was lacking) they ignored UPN managment and stuck with what the show should be about. Perhaps they called it quits after UPN wanted quest apperances by Jay Z, Lil Kim, and MnM, .

NUff with my rant, sorry to see it go. Just couldn't let the show take all the blame.

DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-04 11:10   
Wow...that sucks. I was hoping this season was picking up (like many series do after a few seasons) but it was a reallly sucky to stick it opposite OTHER scifi shows on Friday nights. Duh?? Why split the viewing audience? Though, I guess moving it to Fridays wasn't a big reason the show's been cancelled since it's only been on Fridays for a few weeks. I remember reading an article around the time Enterprise was first airing that some thought they should have waited a couple years to air it to give some "breathing room" between TNG and DS9. Maybe that was the right call afterall.

Anyway, I'm sorry to see it cancelled too. I hope they have some other Trek series in the works.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-04 12:30   
Enterprise was doomed to fail from the get go...

Fans all hated the new opening music and repeatidly asked to have it changed, but the producers would not hear any of the fan bases objections.

They then broke with the established cannon history in from the TOS and Next Gen on many occasions.

They were not to have met the Romulans yet nor in the way they did.

They were not suppose to meet the Klingons on Earth and take them home, the original history states the reason the Federation adopted the prime directive was because of their first contact with the Klingons which broke out into a battle.

The Orians were never a power house in the original history, they were known as "The Orian Syndicate" because they were basicly a band of pirates, smugglers, and criminals...

And T'Pau... This T'Pau is suppose to be the elder woman that presides over Spokes marrige in the TOS, yet then she has a disdain for humans and little interaction. If they had used the same character name thats fine, there are lots of Georges and Bills in the world, but they make direct reference to her being the most honored elder later.

And they have the Vulcans hating their mind melds and other psycic powers. Yet according to TOS, NextGen, and even Voyager there is never any mention of disdain for those abilities, in fact many references are made to the fact the Vulcans have long had the abilities and used them in their rituals.

They also tried to hard to make these big must save the world events when had they focused on just getting out there and first contacts it could have been the far better show. Skip on the long season range plans and focus on actually "Going where no man has gone before"...

Also its so easy to tell that the Vulcan embassador to Earth from the first couple of seasons is the one who was leading the Temporal war, its his siloette and his voice... So you know they were going to show him eventually be the uber bad guy... The fact they made it that transparent from the beginning shows weak story line design.

Email Tael
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-04 13:18   
Hate to nitpick - but I'm a geek, its what we do. T'Pol is her name - shes not the same person as the priestess or w/e she is from TOS.

As for the inconsistancies in the storyline... remember that the series started on the note of timeline tampering - I've always figured that for the series finale they would have something happen to restore the timeline & the last shot of the episode would be Enterprise's inaugural launch or something.

Personally though, I think that whole 3rd season was the best the show did & expected it to go downhill from there... not quite this fast but still - epic storylines, however predictable & unlikely, are what make sci-fi shows such fun.

Ahh well... least it outlived the 3 season barrier of ToS Unrightfully so, but *shrug*

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-04 13:46   
I have one of the original interviews with Jolene Blalock done just as the show was launching and in it they she herself states she is the priestest that later presides over Spocks wedding...

The writers have flip flopped a lot in this series, but it was stated in a print article that she is suppose to be the priestest...

Email Tael
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-04 14:13   
Some kinda fubar then - because ST.com has them as seperate people with differently spelled names...

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/TOS/character/1115350.html
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/ENT/character/1122645.html

Either way - I doubt we'll get to see it concluded in the last half of the season.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2005-02-04 14:54   
good that was the gayest star trek EVER... GAYEST

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-04 15:07   
While I would use different wording, I would agree in principle.

Email Tbone
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-02-04 16:37   
behold the ST universe have startet to crumble before the feet of the SG universe

ST is getting old time for new blod

actuly the new battelstar galactica is not so bad to

the ships is like something taken out of DS hehe

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2005-02-04 16:58   
Im Pissed they cancelled it, Im Pissed they Put it on UPN, Im Pissed That they think that Every Damn ST needs some time travel in it somewhere along in what ever season.. Just cus your in space doesnt mean your special enough to go through time.

"Ive been piloting this shuttle craft for 5 years and have yet to go back or forwards in time.. gessh, some people get all the luck."

Overall Im just pissed off..

p.s. Note for any writters, we need more time travel episodes.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2005-02-04 17:08   
That was part of the problem too...

This Startrek relied way to heavily on time travel...

Scheduling did them in too. If they had moved it to another night, they'd have faired a little better. But with SciFi channel having 2 high ranked shows and one ok show in a row on friday nights at the same time slot as Enterprise, it was basicly a scheduling directors folly as well...

Right now SG-1 and Battlestar Gallactica are the highest rated Science Fiction shows. Atlantis is keeping its head above the water only because of its time slot sandwiched between the other too... Hence the plan to switch the Daniel Jackson character from SG-1 to Atlantis in hopes of boosting ratings.

Regardless of anything else, leaving Enterprise on in the same time slot as the other 3 shows is a really poor move since they are all the same audience base.

Email Tael
JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-04 19:55   
That reminds me, gotta watch BSG tonight!

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028158 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR