No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +16.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Meditation classes via DS/Teamspeak
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Meditation classes via DS/Teamspeak
Malarthi
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-03 22:40   
Anyone who wants to get advice on how to meditate from a fellow player please post here. Please JUST post if you want to get advice. IM me any questions, comments, concerns, and I will edit this post to reflect them if need be.

Advice, not teaching. Happy now old chap? (Note the dripping sarcasm.)

[ This Message was edited by: Darkdna(Modlet) on 2005-02-07 22:25 ]

Archon
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-03 23:36   
Sign me up!

~Insanity Is Only The Beginning~

Email Archon
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-04 04:42   
Mrrp?
I'll get back to you when i get back ;-o

Malarthi
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-04 16:54   
Ok, you two are signed up. Would you prefer voice or just chatting? Please IM me with your choice,

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-04 19:48   
You're gonna give what?

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-05 13:10   
With all due respect Modlet, but what are your credentials, what experience have you of giving meditation lessons over the internet. Are you a member of a professional body? Do you have insurance? How do people know you are not a crank just out to take the mickey out of someone?
Any form of psychotherapeutic treatment is regulated, meditation is such a psychotherapeutic treatment, be very careful of what you advise. If you currently go to a meditation class, im sorry but unless you are qualified it aint enough.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Steamrunner
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-05 13:41   
I could be wrong, but it seems like he is offering to help people meditate in the spirit of typing it in a search engine, and going with what feels right. No cost or obligation, just the desire to be a bit more at peace with yourself and/or the world around you-no particular style or school of zazen, or disciplline enforced or required. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. There WOULD be something wrong with it if he was charging, and trying to say his particular brand of meditation would do so and so, etc...

I see where you are coming from Lord DOwney, but I don't think it applies to the spirit of this post, nor what (Modlet)Darkdna is offering. It's most likely a way to bring like-minded people together in a different way that DS and a chat program makes possible.

Steamrunner

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-05 13:56   
It clearly states if people want to learn to meditate, I.E he will teach them.
that would worry me as a health professional, who is regulated and pays a fee to be on the professional register.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Smith
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-02-05 16:18   
or u could just stop being a troller/flamer and stop trying to bring people down..................Downey

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-05 19:24   
I dont have a masters in computing, but I help people with PC's.

Does that mean im a bad boy?

*walks off shaking head*

He's offering some help, let him do that.

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-05 19:44   
You mean to tell me, that meditation, has to be regulated? You have to be liscensed to practice helping others find inner peace? Meditation I understand as spritual and physical form of enlightenment and/or relaxation.
This is what I see, a guy meditating in his house, hes imagining himself sitting on top of a beautiful waterfall with butterflys dancing about, and in his enlightened vision, suddenly one of the butterflies changes into Agent Smith and says "You cannot be or lead people into your 'happy place' you are not liscensed."

I would love to see this in front of a medical board, I about died laughing.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-02-05 19:58   
Quote:

On 2005-02-05 19:44, kenetiks{GTN} wrote:

This is what I see, a guy meditating in his house, hes imagining himself sitting on top of a beautiful waterfall with butterflys dancing about, and in his enlightened vision, suddenly one of the butterflies changes into Agent Smith and says "You cannot be or lead people into your 'happy place' you are not liscensed."

LOL!

Email Bobamelius
Malarthi
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-06 18:54   
I am not charging for this service. I am not enforcing any rules that you are not free to break. All I ask for is a bit of sense and a willingness to learn. If you have issues with my "class," don't take it. I offer this as a service to the community at large. Also, if you have an issue with me offering this "class," please take it through the proper channels. You must be used to paper work, and I'll make you work your ass off if you want to try and regulate me helping people who want to be helped.

AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-02-07 00:17   
A problem in any litigation happy society such as this one (speaking of the United States, though I'm sure some of the same happens in Canada and Europe) is that anyone can sue anyone else over just about anything they see fit. If you offer help, you must be insured in what you do. Ever taken a CPR class? If you have, you know that the certification only lasts for a year, and when it is up, you can, by law, be sued if you practice CPR and the paitient doesn't agree with what you did (like dies).

Law paitients who havent passed the bar, even those who may simply be waiting to take it and get a pefect score, cannot practice law. Same for doctors. Obviously, meditation isn't open heart surgery, but the idea is the same.

Downey's point, I believe, is that he is in the medical field, and has been schooled and certified for these things for years. Have you? What is your background? There are reasons that students are students, and teachers do the teaching. They know more.

Bito

Puppies gotta die, too.

Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-02-07 16:57   
Quote:

On 2005-02-05 13:10, Lord Downey (UK) wrote:
With all due respect Modlet, but what are your credentials, what experience have you of giving meditation lessons over the internet. Are you a member of a professional body? Do you have insurance? How do people know you are not a crank just out to take the mickey out of someone?
Any form of psychotherapeutic treatment is regulated, meditation is such a psychotherapeutic treatment, be very careful of what you advise. If you currently go to a meditation class, im sorry but unless you are qualified it aint enough.

oh, and dont forget to bring your towel

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023160 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR