No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [INFO] Beta FAQ for New Players
 Author [INFO] Beta FAQ for New Players
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-01-31 13:25   
Here is a list of frequently asked questions from new players to the DarkSpace community. Please feel welcome to post any questions you may have in this thread.

Please make sure you read the BETA TESTING GUIDE before playing.

Q: How do I play?

A: You can read the Manual to learn all the various feature of DarkSpace and for some good gameplay tutorials you can visit The DSC DarkSpace Academy.

Q: What is the coupon? how do I use it?

A: You receive a 14 day trial coupon when you validate your email address. This is intended for use DarkSpace Release Version and it's not required to play using the Beta client. you only need to redeem this if you want full access to the Release features.

Q: What is the difference between the Beta Version and the Release version of DarkSpace?

A: The beta version of DarkSpace is intended for testing upcoming new game features and getting feedback from the community as to what does and doesn't work. For this reason it is limited in scale to scenarios. The Release version of DarkSpace takes place across a much larger universe which is persistant . The beta and release version use separate clients. You can download the release client here.

Q: Should I beta test or not?

A: Everyone is invited to play and mess about in beta. It's there for you to try and find out all the bugs so we encourage it. Please be aware though to try ask others in the server before you try things such as attacking or bombing enemy planets. Often they will be trying to test a certain feature themselves and your actions can ruin a few hours of work. We advise that for learning the basic Gameplay for you to download and play the Release Client where we have a server dedicated to new players.

Q: I installed the beta client and tried to enter a server, but now it won't run!

A: There is a small issue on some systems with the automatic update function not completing properly if you try to enter a server before manually pressing the update button. The solution is to uninstall the Beta client, delete the beta directory and then reinstall. Once you log in and get to the lobby, click the UPDATE button at the top of the screen before trying to enter the game server. Once update is completed you should be able to run the game normally.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2005-04-21 21:55 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-04-21 21:54   
Unashamed BUMP.

Goto the website of Drafell
Page created in 0.016925 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR