No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +16.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » A Community to Never forget
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author A Community to Never forget
|2eason
Grand Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2005-01-19 09:14   
Who the hell am I?

I am sure most of you these days dont even know who I am. I haven't been around publicly for almost a year except in random bursts.

As my profile states, I joined this community back on September 30th, 2001. I have been here for the better part of the last three years and four months, three of those years as a staff member.

I have watched this game from the open beta days, when Darkspace was all about teamwork and strategy. Alot has changed since then, including me.

As a staff member, I helped to moderate the community, to help out new players and those involved in a dispute. I have punished those who earned it and straightened out those capable of listening to reason (no pun intended). I was known for being the "compassionate one" because I rarely had to kick or ban a player, ah the wonders of taking the time to talk to the people involved, I was the person to pick up where most left off and do that which was being neglected. I have walked in the shadows taking care of things around here that needed to be done. I have watched many people come and go, friends and foes alike.

About a year and a half to two years ago, I was given a position on the Development team, where I was involved in overall Developmental input and also became Project Manager of Mapping and the Metaverse. I was responsible for the current Metaverse, as well as editing and formatting the maps from the "Map making Contest" held quite some time ago. I am saddened to say that my "Metaverse Concept" will end with phase one, as I will not be completing anything further.

As of January 29th, 2005, I will cease to be subscribed to Darkspace. I have been subscribed since pay-to-play was initiated on December 21st, 2001. Due to changes in my life along with other reasons, I have decided to leave this community I have come to call my home these past few years.

On November 21st, 2004, my three-year anniversary being a staff member, I resigned my staff positions as a Moderator and my position as a Developer. At the end of the month, I will consider myself retired as a player.

I have spent my time here being a shadow, one that has done his work without seeking credit. I have done everything for the betterment of Darkspace and this community. Even after all I have done in the background, all that I have contributed towards that which we call Darkspace and this community, I could not bring myself to simply fade off into the shadows.

Darkspace and this community have evolved greatly, along with myself. I am not the same person I was when I walked in the doors three years ago, and I will forever charish my time spent here as well as the opportunities I have been fortunate to receive. I have made many friends, gained a hell of a lot of experience and had the pleasure of working with many great people here at Darkspace. I have been missing this place more and more with each change that has been implimented. Darkspace and myself have grown apart, and its time to move on.

To those who care, you will be missed. To those that dont, have fun running from my Gaifen Pack,

It may be sad, it may be enjoyable, to each their own. Nothing lasts forever.

One thing I need to clear up:

Darkspace is just a game. To me, it was much, much more then that, and yet, only that.

Perhaps one day our paths will cross once again, until then...

Take Care!

- |2eason -

[ This Message was edited by: |2eason on 2005-01-19 09:30 ]

[-[A]-]|2eason the retired

Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-19 09:19   
I didn't know you personally, but I do remember when you were around. Thanks for what you have done for this game and community, take care.

SabelTooth
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-19 09:31   
Darn A shame to see you go Reason

You'll be missed alright

Goodluck

-Sabel

Email SabelTooth
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2005-01-19 09:34   
For one who has worked from the shadows you have forever left your mark on the DarkSpace community and many times your work has been assumed by us all without being given due credit.
We will miss you. It is sad to see so many foundations of the community leaving, but times change and we all evolve and change and eventually for everyone there will be a time to leave.
Thankyou for all your hard work.
We are going to miss you, but please, do check in from time to time.

It has been an honour working with you.

Goto the website of Drafell
Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-19 10:03   
Well Reas.. robbie, We spoke about this not long ago, and I said what I had to say then. So I shall keep this short and sweet.

/me raises a final glass of Root Beer

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-19 10:20   
darkspace is gonna be a bit well, darker

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-19 10:26   
I didn't really know you. Saw you a few times in the lobby. But I will miss you. It brings a tear to my eye to see you go. No joke.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-19 10:39   
In my experience, its usually the guy at the back plugging away that makes a differences.
Yopu will be missed, many thanks.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Mariano (peace)
Cadet

Posted: 2005-01-19 10:50   
another old fellow gone, another root broken. sad to see you go m8 but i see new roots growing all the time. good luck to you and yours.

ps.: oh another admin spot free for me

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-19 11:12   
Quote:

On 2005-01-19 10:50, Mariano (peace) wrote:
another old fellow gone, another root broken. sad to see you go m8 but i see new roots growing all the time. good luck to you and yours.

ps.: oh another admin spot free for me

typical mecanary behaviour there Mariano
WELL DONE.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2005-01-19 11:29   
Oh man sad to see you leave Reason, but goodluck and best wishes.

James

Email James Bum007
$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-19 13:28   
Crap, God SPeed bud.....Hope life guides you back here

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2005-01-19 15:01   
*starts crying*

damnit why did ya make that long post *demorian would be proud of you BTW* you know deep down im a softy :'(

It was always fun to talk to you, you were a good staffmember and moreover a good friend.

Wish you all the best in the future and who knows if you keep that nickname we might find each other again one day.

for now all I can do is this *one last time *

/me steal Reasons cane........... and Puts it on the Palestar Wall of Fame.

okay its a little twist but hey you deserve it

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-19 15:20   
I dont know what to say really, words alone are not enough...but I shall try..

You may have been one of the people to work in the shadows, but its those shadows that made darkspace what it is today. Without you, the MV wouldnt have been the MV and DarkSpace wouldnt have been DarkSpace.

I am indeed sad that you have left, and I hope our paths cross again.

Untill that time

Good luck with your life and God speed.

-Jack

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-19 15:47   
You will be missed, |2eason. Missed as a former fleet leader, as an excellent moderator, as a staffmember, but most of all, you will be missed as a friend. But like so many IT Missiles that've missed, you'll keep on flying 'til you hit us again someday . Good luck, friend.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022903 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR