Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Whats the point ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Whats the point ?
AdmBito
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2005-01-17 12:02   
If I remember correctly, the old balance system was based on prestige/rank in the scenario servers, wasn't it?

Puppies gotta die, too.

Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-17 13:48   
I do hope the Staff takes what wyke has said to heart. b/c ill let you in on sumthin that has bothered me for awhile, and ive been thinking about it for awhile...(even talked to AC about it)

DS really needs to be fixed, one sided mv, lag issues...how can a small game like this really have this much lag....WoW does not lag when it has 12000 ppl in it, but DS lags when theres 20?

i love DS so much, its one of my favorite games, and would choose DS over anything anyday...but its not the DS i used to know...how do you patch a game and end up biffing it up twice as bad....i met many friends and enemies in this game, now i see many of them are retiring. and its not good.

i want to play DS so bad, but cant stand its problems...its like being broke up with right b4 you get engaged, its just not fair. fix DS and many of us will return

-Ryan *i may add on to this later*

Email Forseth (Ret)
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-17 13:54   
Quote:

On 2005-01-17 13:48, Forseth (Ret) wrote:
DS really needs to be fixed, one sided mv, lag issues...how can a small game like this really have this much lag....WoW does not lag when it has 12000 ppl in it, but DS lags when theres 20?

Because Blizzard have a much much much much much, and did I mention much larger budget to spend on servers?

Forseth (Ret)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-17 15:15   
Than why are we not Pouring our money into better servers or sumthin

Email Forseth (Ret)
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2005-01-17 21:06   
Money... you mean... Palestar... has... money?

(Oh, and, to actually get back on topic... it's a shame to hear that you're leaving, Wyke. Just keep the hope that the greatest of problems will be solved, and continue to check in again every now and then like you plan to.)

Goto the website of Grimith
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-18 05:52   
Maybe make prestige multiplayer based on the number of active players (and their rank) in the MV. If a certain faction has few and/or low ranking players they will gain more prestige for doing the same thing.

Multiplayer should be something like (total prestige of all players on the other factions / 2 x total prestige on your factions).
The multiplayer cannot go below 0.5 or over 1.5.

So the faction who has the most (skilled) players will gain less prestige.(seems ok because fightying with the numeric advantage is not very prestigious)

I think this will balance the player base out nicely.

And when te player base is balanced out the shipbalancing will be a lot easier.

just my 2 cents

Email Flyer
Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-18 11:20   
I remember when I first started playing about 3 years ago..... I remember when I rolled my very first ICC Heavy Cruiser out of the gate. I was on top of the world. I was a commander, and illustreous rank to say the least. I had the firepower of a cruiser, finally at my fingertips so I did what any young commander would do........attack Earth.

And thats when I met you Thor. You ended my happiness the moment I entered Sol. My Cruiser that I had worked so hard for was destroyed by your friggin Carrier Dread. I was crushed by an emotional mix of anger, frustration, and a landmark case of diarrhea. And you were my friend ever since....

Sorry to see another one of the greats go....

Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-18 18:52   
Guys, you're simply doing something wrong.

While I do agree that the advanced carrier is simply wrong - what I remember noticing a few weeks back seemed to be a concerted effort by a few honorable k'luth pilots to restrict themselves to the Clavate.

Even flux is less prevalent - it's only a few lazy pilots and even they tend to get owned because the rest of us are learning to anticipate and compensate.

On the other hand, I simply don't see the problem with ELF. Yes it sucks, deal with it. It can be worked around. At best, ELF needs a very small tweak.

Nax

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-18 19:06   
Quote:

On 2005-01-18 18:52, Fornax wrote:
At best, ELF needs a very small tweak.

Which it is getting.

sorry to see ya go, too.

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-18 19:55   
Sorry to see you go Wyke.

While I see how hard the Dev Team(the guys =) ) are working on the patch, trying to see all the glitches and problems are worked out. I must agree with Wyke. The patches and balance issues take too much to resolve. 1.481->1.482 took if I remember right, the better part of 2 years to complete. Which summarily ended my DS playing days. The game I loved died with 1.482's release. I still pay the sub. I still support F and the guys working on DS, I was even a mod for awhile, but simply find no enjoyment in playing the game anymore. Just in the lobby camper guild now . With my finances, I'm even going to have to pull my sub.

I'm proud of F, the dev team, my friends in DS who have worked hard and pitched in. Demo finally made Admin, good for you m8. Alot of good players and people have risen up and done much for DS. And I salute you all.

But everything I liked in game is gone, GTN, playability, but mostly my friends. Alot of vet players have left, most of the old GTN players have gone to S.W., but most have simply left. I talk with alot of the players now, but I don't really know anyone except the vet players, and those are thinning.

Take care Wyke.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-18 21:05   
I share your feelings, Ken... I'm quite saddened by all the veteran players leaving

Email Bobamelius
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-01-19 22:16   
I hate to say it, but I think I may be making a post like this soon. Personally, I think that the "fixxing" of K'luth will be correct if you use the definition relating to castration.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. The fact that the cloak must be so overwhelmingly compensated for when balancing things out, will ultimately be the undoing of that faction as viable. But I am hoping that the issues can be resolved satisfactorily, and I am awaiting new version release before cementing my judgement.

But I will say this; if the EAD that I saw in beta is any hint of what's to come, and K'luth dreads are still going to be the tin-can- surrounded-by-plastic-wrap with a new coat of paint, I will be gone gone. Dessies getting nerfed, autorep getting sporked, ELF beams in their own slots, making me have to rely on power-sucking-forever-to-recharge disprupter, modding taking ASTRONOMICAL amounts of time to do.......beta version better just be bits and peices being tested, with no attempts at balanced version.

Oh, and another thing. I can one pass cap in a Clavate even better then in a tranny, so really, the tranny is nothing. Like ALL K'luth ships (with the current exception of the Shell which, ironically, is to be nerfed) trannies have a single armor. A few well placed alphas and tranny go boom.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-20 08:23   
Azreal you arnt getting the picture, the kluth are becoming what they where WAY back when you wernt around. Hit and Run is their tactic, at the moment they can duke it out with any ship, hell they even have pretty much the same armour levels as ICC as their shields are utter crap. Your dreads will have A LOT of power, but will not be able to fire off a lot of alpha's and rounds, you have to think about your power and what weapons your are firing against your enemy.

Your destroyers were never EVER meant to be like they are now. Your elf was never meant to be like that, you where never meant to have the adv carrier with 4 bomb slots, you were never meant to be able to mount flux. Your faction has a very very big advantage over the factions. Simply for one reason. DESTROYERS. They may have paper hull, they may have crap energy, but I had a 2nd RA almost rape me in a claw with 5 elf and I couldnt hit him for crap. Not because of skill, but simply because of the ship he was flying.

THAT is a very big problem indeed, why should I continue paying for a game, in which the ship I EARNT to fly, is much like a sitting duck. You need to think of the bigger picture Azreal. You arent being nerfed. You are being put back to what kluth should have never been taken away from. Hit and Run. Have you noticed that no other factions have the same ships as you. Hell, the only ship at the current time that can hold its own against kluth ships is an EAD. Not because of its awesome weapons lay out. Simply because I have enough power to jump in, get owned and GET OUT. The last bit, no other ship can do without some help or luck. Hell, even the power isnt that great, 2 elf can suck my EAD dry, and do systems damage (YES ELF DOES SYSTEMS DAMAGE).

I could go on and make a huge post, but I suggest you try and look at the full picture before deciding what the jigsaw puzzle is, when it isnt even half done.

Back to the topic on hand, Wyke, you will be sorly missed among friends, I will miss your TC keeping my ass out of trouble in the MV.

*salute* I hope to see you again.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2005-01-20 08:24 ]

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2005-01-20 09:58   
thred went of the subject anyway so just a few remarks

kluth not to strong in the defence area against well played orgenized fleets they pretty much sucks at planet defence (somthing with all using bio bombs etc ....)

to many kluth players ohh ... so playing 1 - 4 players against combined forces of 20 - 30 ugto/icc in EU gmt day time playing thats to many right

new version comming up most things on kluth is gona change, my fears:

kluth ships uses loads of power same time the power usage gets up, the ways that kluth can gain power for systems get cut down

with the down of elf and no multiple elf mounts i dont see how you can fire more than few torp or beam on anyship you can hope that there will be somekind of fusion mount on all kluth ships on the other hand that would make them like any other faction ships, my favorite ship (scale) no fusion mount but would be impossible to fire all beams with out elf and i actuly dont want to see spicial mounts on it would take the charm from the hard core ship.

its like all ships get down graded becaus of owerpowered destoyers when i actuly think most cruzz class ships function and ballance nicly, scale scrab and paracite, they should be able to attack dreds and other cruzz but now get turned down with the destoyers how can that be ?

you cant strike and hide if you dont have power to turn up the cloake point.

another fear you can actuly fire your weapons and cloake just after if you have the power , thats gona make some icc/ugto unhappy so thats probaly gona be a probelm.

who said catch 22...

how should kluth defend planets, kluth planet defence get overrun to easly now unless they get def bases to match the power of kluth weapons so its actuly dangerus to get near kluth planets well you cant use strike and hide tactic if you defending a planet so options ? ....

<-- am torps from fire from kluth DEF 3 bases sign here ->>>

so this is the kluth player view if you disreguard something like just the amount of players that play.

lets see what happens

can be that the new ajustments work who knows,i will ajust , an so should you

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Fornax
Marshal
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2005-01-20 19:39   
Az,

Didn't Tael post somewhere (in the last 3-4 days) that he's working thru the factions now and nothing is final. I know he said something about UGTO, and I think K'Luth was next and ICC last (ICC last due to some bug in ICC images?!?)

Point is, I think you just haven't seen the planned K'Luth changes yet.

About Clavate/Adv Carrier. I was under the opinion the true strength of the Adv Carrier wasn't that it had 4 bomb slots...it was that when it hits, it can drop 10 inf -- and when dropping against damaged inf, it caps nearly 100% of the time. To run the Clavate, with only 4 inf, there's a decent chance it won't cap on the first pass, despite having 1 more bomb slot.

I personally don't have a huge issue with ELF. I just don't think it's a major problem...and yes, I've been in a furrball with at least 3-4 K'Luth ships hitting me practically continuously with it before.

My opinion is this: Geez, I'm in the middle of 4 ships!!!! Of course I should be getting hammered!!!!

The changes I've read about, in my opinion, merely change the K'Luth tactics. You won't be quite as fast paced, but, you'll be able to cruise up to any planet and orbit it without detection at any time and any place. And that, my friend, is scary. Imagine the surprise of even a half dozen K'Luth vessels decloaking in a tight group next to a larger group of Human ships. You'd have the luxury of all committing to firing nearly simultaneously on one or two ships...and who knows, you might catch them chatting/afk/etc.

Now, try that with a Piercer also - no escape, anywhere.

Nax

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027051 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR