No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Whats the point ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Whats the point ?
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2005-01-21 01:30   
Quote:

On 2005-01-20 19:39, Fornax wrote:

My opinion is this: Geez, I'm in the middle of 4 ships!!!! Of course I should be getting hammered!!!!

Yes but the moment I jump one ship with one elf beam, im screwed....not 4 ships....

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-21 04:42   
Quote:

On 2005-01-20 19:39, Fornax wrote:
Now, try that with a Piercer also - no escape, anywhere.

Piercer has to decloak to turn on its dictor, and we all know what happens when a piercer becomes visible...

/me flew lots of piercers in the old days... it still hurts...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2005-01-21 05:05   
Sorry, could help but notice how BIASED these posts are - of course Kluth players think nothings wrong, and human factions think that theyre overpowered.

Well this is how it is - Things are just plain screwed up.

Quite a time ago, I remember how the Kluth were then, and they were FINE. BETTER than fine, in fact. I enjoyed playing on luth faction nearly 2 and a half years ago, when I first started.

Whats different then? Well, Kluth have changed GREATLY for these past years. For one, Kluth were NEVER MEANT TO HAVE ARMOR. Period. And that meant hit-and-run tactics were needed to accomplish anything.

Old cloak - worked until ECCM drained all the power (that did suck.)

But probably the biggest and above all, worst possible things about Kluth is simply that theyve become something their not. Granted, cruisers should be able to take on a dread, but not a destroyer. Sorry if you dont think theres anything wrong with ELF, but I do when im getting hit wtih 4 of them from one ship and I lost MY SHIP, with MY CREDITS, when I cant even FIRE BACK. Elf is plain and simply cheap. One should be all that a Luth ship needs; they could before.

Another thing - NOTHING, I mean NOTHING in beta is final, anything you see in there you cant guarantee anything until then. WE DO however know that it seems only the EAD is currently sporting the new armor, weapons etc. etc. as its for TESTING PUTPOSES. All ships are going to be similar to whats currently planned at least.

But it should be noted that Kluth ships should not have the ability to take on any ship and not win by hit-and run tactics. Only with NUMBERS should that happen.

Sorry Kluth but you cant keep your ships that can sit still and kick arse. Complain if you will, but Kluth is heading for the direction its meant to, likely whether or not you like it.

-Ent

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2005-01-21 06:00   
Im afraid i agree with the cheese muncher. As a faction we are overpowered. No dont get me wrong i love my cloak and i love my ELF, but it is getting boring when i can fully mod my mandible and can virtually guarentee i will survive most onslaughts. Not always it must be said as i am not the greatest fighter pilot and am lacking in the ability to run away when i need to.
when i origonally transferred to Kluth i used to love CL2K fitted dreads. Wicked bit of kit, but well overpowered.
At times i think of rejoining The cheese munchers whom i first started with two years ago, purely because of the fear factor of not knowing whether i would come out of a battle in one piece or in a box.
I tend to agree about the hit anbd run tactics of the kluth and wolfpacks were one of the joys when i become a green alien type thing.
I think a possible problem (being careful) is more about the ability to cap when on your jack jones. Due to the sheer level of Kluth players we are able to have a greater spread across the timespan, and theerfore nearly always have players on-line.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.010987 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR