No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » My evaluation of the new cloak
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author My evaluation of the new cloak
RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-06 17:57   
My evaluation of the new cloak is that it works well the ability to cloak when in a jump is good it enables you get close with out being detected. Eccm has no effect at all which in my opinion is as it should be.

With at said there one minor bug that I think needs fixing and that is the ability to fire and recloak instantly this bug makes the cloak to powerful

To counter this I would make the cloak have a recharge time of a min of ten seconds and a max of 15 seconds other than this it works well.

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-06 18:00   
i agree 10 seconds to 15 seconds..

my manabile was killing a AD,, shoot cloak move uncloak shoot cloak move tec tec

Email Hellza - master
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-12-06 19:49   
Quote:

On 2004-12-06 18:00, Hellza wrote:

my manabile was killing a AD,, shoot cloak move uncloak shoot cloak move tec tec

And I was the AD that he was talking about. This new clock is going to be a headache for the UGTO and ICC, BUT it will give the edge of Hit and run BACK to the K'luth. However It need working. I also had a been borded by six K'luth inf and was UNABLE to load inf to fight them off and lost my AD to the K'luth. That was disturbing as he came right up under me in cloak TOTALY UNDETECABLE and then loaded the inf onto my AD. And Poof i was capped as i was unable to get inf onbaord to fight them off. OTHERWISE It is really great as the ECCM was unable to Get though the cloak.

[ This Message was edited by: Vice Linna Yamazaka {Absolut} on 2004-12-06 20:33 ]

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Exavier_Macbeth
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-06 19:55   
If I remember right from the post on the normal boards about a month ago they were planning to put an 80sec recharge time on the cloaking device before it goes public...
How will we greet him?
With swift and certain death!

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-12-07 02:21   
I got an idea if it sounds good to all.. I see the idea of not being detectable by eccm is taking... I would like to propose the following idea...

Lets reveiw the above confrontation as I would have it be...

Mandible vs. AD

mandible comes in to sneak attack the AD but instead of being able to fire/transport a split second after you hit the uncloak button and then pop right back into cloak how about a "Phasing" period....

Example:

AD is putting along... Mandible is setting up his attack run... Mandible decloaks but has to wait say.. 5-10 seconds while his ship phases out of cloak into normal veiw... while the mandible is phasing he is unable to fire or transport and is suseptable to incoming fire... this would work in reverse as he is phasing out of the visible to the cloaked... It does not take away from the fact he cannot be seen or the sneak attack hit and run that I agree should be the way Kluth should act but it also doesn't let the thing happen that happened to Linna... If you saw a Mandible decloaking you have several options... A) Run, B) Turn and Fight... C) Call for help.... D) Die because you where not paying attention..

I think, even though it might seem a little Star Trekish, it is a viable way to implement the new cloak.. if a Kluth cannot recloak for 80 seconds after he decloaks that will, IMHO, alienate those that play Kluth and that is something this game does not need...

This proposed idea balances the cloak ... you want to not be seen while you aproach you target? Well guess what... you got to hang it in the breeze for 5-10 seconds before you can pull the trigger.. this should pump up some adreninaline

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Hellza - master
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-07 02:28   
Quote:

On 2004-12-06 19:49, Vice Linna Yamazaka {Absolut} wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-12-06 18:00, Hellza wrote:

And I was the AD that he was talking about. This new clock is going to be a headache for the UGTO and ICC, BUT it will give the edge of Hit and run BACK to the K'luth. However It need working. I also had a been borded by six K'luth inf and was UNABLE to load inf to fight them off and lost my AD to the K'luth. That was disturbing as he came right up under me in cloak TOTALY UNDETECABLE and then loaded the inf onto my AD. And Poof i was capped as i was unable to get inf onbaord to fight them off. OTHERWISE It is really great as the ECCM was unable to Get though the cloak.

[ This Message was edited by: Vice Linna Yamazaka {Absolut} on 2004-12-06 20:33 ]

well not really u cant unload infs while cloak.. i uncloaked and was firing at u then went under u unloaded my infs and fired a bit more then run and cloaked

Email Hellza - master
twitch
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-07 02:57   
im unsure if 10-15 seconds would be long enuff... however if this is implemented im sure some thorough testing of it should tell us if its long enuff or not

also it would be nice to see some way of detecting cloaked ships, not anything just any ship can carry tho... perhaps a station only mounted electronic warfare device?

your thoughts?

[ This Message was edited by: twitch {Dark Angels} on 2004-12-07 02:59 ]

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-07 16:38   
I believe 10 to 15 sec is long enough because it is enough time to hit any kulth ship with beacons except maybe the scout and with its low power it is no threat at all

Telekinesis, thats what you need, just lay back and let your mind do the walking

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-07 18:59   
Trust the KLUTH to agree to 10-15

Are you all CRAZY...

It needs to be about a MINIMUM of 20 and a Max of 30-60 at LEAST for dreads....

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {DSUKM} on 2004-12-07 19:01 ]

RagAnok
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-07 19:08   
well backy next time you are on give me a call and we will test some timing out .. hellza and i tested 15 sec and it was enough time for me to hit him with 5 beacons before he cloaked.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-12-07 19:14   
not every ship has beacons

Exavier_Macbeth
Cadet

Posted: 2004-12-07 19:25   
ok how many volleys of torps or rounds of CL2ks is it?
How will we greet him?
With swift and certain death!

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2004-12-08 02:13   
10 sek is an awfull lot of time for any kluth ship in battel

10 sek is

ugto ead/icc ad alpha vs k.dred 30 - 40 % hull dammage

vs cruzz 50 - 60 % hull damage

vs dest/carrier 70 - 80%

vs frigate 90 % - dead ship

vs scout - dead

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-12-08 02:19   
The plan was 80 seconds originally. Thus, Kluth have the advantage of the first strike, but are otherwise on a reasonably level playing field. They have lower energy reserves, but also have greater maneuverability. So, they could uncloak, get in a powerful first strike, and then dodge like nuts for the next minute while taking potshots at the enemy. After the cloak recharged, they could hide again, run away, and repair.

Its not an ability to always be hidden; its an ability to be stealthy, set the rules of engagement, and attack on your own terms. After that, though, all bets are off.

Since, however, the cloak isn't functioning this way, I can either assume that I've not been informed of the changes to the plan, or that its implementation is not final.

Email Shigernafy
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-12-08 03:02   
I was originally going to accept the 10 - 15 second delay, but reading Shig's points make more sense than any. Cloak should be a FIRST STRIKE device only, after that, your on the same playing field as the humans for 80 seconds, what can be considered a CONSIDERABLE amount of time. It is actually the only way that true balance can be achieved. K'luth will complain of their lack of armor, but the fact that you can sneak within .1 gu's of my engines right before getting the FIRST SHOT, I think it is an even trade off.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029731 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR